Exhaust Choices

Discussion in '610/630' started by Guoseph, Jan 26, 2012.

1. 630mick Husqvarna
    A Class

Barretts option........... IMG_4938.JPG
    IMG_4940.JPG
    Mik-3 likes this.
  2. Guoseph Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE501S
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda VFR800, KTM 525 EXC
  3. 630mick Husqvarna
    A Class

Check out www.barrettexhausts.com.au for all info.
    Mine cost about $800 australian, i didnt weigh them, but heaps lighter than stock and a neat fit.
  4. duca99 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    EX HONDA XR600R
    Hi,

personally I was not looking for an exhaust sobstitution, but.....looking for weight reduction and for regular erogation I started to look around and check posts.
    As I live in Europe I do have to take under consideration onli street-legal options....Arrows with new dedicate CPU and P/U kit is the perfect choice...

Not cheap at all, but....
  5. Guoseph Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE501S
    Other Motorcycles:
    So are the Arrow pipes (and packaged ecu) designed to run with the power up kit (O2 sensor by-pass) or without (O2 sensor functioning). Wonder if u can get a little better fuel economy with it.
  6. 69scooter Husqvarna
    B Class

Is the FMF powercore 4 a true slip on or do you have to cut the stock mid pipe? I guess what I am asking is does it attach to where the header is a dual pipe or after when it becomes a single pipe?
    Thanks
  7. BiG DoM Husqvarna
    AA Class

Lots of chat about weight and aesthetics ... what about performance ... what often makes a difference witrh aftermarket zorsts is the headers. Relevant question here would be which systems are available with larger diameter headers as this is often where the extra hp comes from. If you are going to throw large sums of money at the exhaust it is probably worth considering this fact IMHO.
  8. Guoseph Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE501S
    Other Motorcycles:
    Weight is easy to measure. Performance is less so, since it depends on other modifications to the bike, fueling set up, and especially different dyno results. So it's very hard to make a subjective comparison based on performance.
  9. BiG DoM Husqvarna
    AA Class

Performance is not a subjective subject, nor is weight - maybe a bit more difficult to measure but still factual. That is my point - why not also consider options of headers as endcans alone seldom make a huge difference.
  10. SilverBullet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 300EXC, V-Strom650, Super Tenere
    True slip on muffler but only to the included FMF midpipe, not the stock midpipe. All FMF exhausts; i.e. Q4 (7.7lbs), Powercore 4 (6.9lbs) or Factory 4.1 (6.7lbs) all come with stainless steel midpipes.

_
  11. Guoseph Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE501S
    Other Motorcycles:
    So when people post up two different dyno charts for the same pipe, which do you choose? How do you know the higher one is a dyno difference versus a tuning difference? Do you go by manufacturer claimed gains or actual field tested results? Do you prioritize HP gain over Torque? What about pipes/tune that shift power towards the low end or high end? There are too many variables and too many applications.
  12. SilverBullet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Actually the priority list for my new exhaust was in this order:
    1. reduced heat
    2. right side muffler removal
    3. sound level & tone
    4. cost
    5. weight reduction
    6. aestetics
    7. performance gains

I have performance gains dead last as the stock Husky power with P/U installed, aribox mod and EFI tune is more power than I can use off road 95% of the time anyway. But if the single exhausts would rob power then performance would have to jump up higher on my priority list. But in every case I know, the single exhausts all increase or maintain stock power.
  13. Guoseph Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE501S
    Other Motorcycles:

1. weight reduction
    2. right side muffler removal
    3. cost
    4. reduced heat
    5. aesthetics
    6. sound level & tone
    7. performance gains

Mine list is slightly different, but also with power at the bottom. If I wanted power I'd go buy an R1.
  14. gregjune Husqvarna
    C Class

Lets say I was looking for a really loud and obnoxious exhaust, what would you guys recommend? Some people I cruise with have Harleys and they pretty much just make fun of my Sumo and I cant even hear mine over theirs. Maybe I just need new friends.
  15. SilverBullet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Remove both your cans and just run straight pipes. You'll compete well with the Harleys and get lots of attention especially from the police.

_
  16. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

just remove the exhaust muffler and run a straight pipe like the Harley pirates..
  17. BiG DoM Husqvarna
    AA Class

Whose talking about different dyno charts? I said more "difficult to measure" becuse to do it properly you would need to use the same bike and same dyno with the different exhausts. My point was that IMHO one of the reasons that should be considered (yes only one and wherever you want it on YOUR list) in choosing and aftermarket system should be what it does to the bikes power ... not necessarily more power but nature of it and where it may move it to. An exhaust in many cases inevitaby compliments other performance mods (PU, airbox etc) and as such is an important part of a perfermance equation. My opinion was that mere weight, cost and cosmetic considerations were maybe limited without at least considering power characteristics. I rest my case.
    Fast1 likes this.
  18. duca99 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    EX HONDA XR600R
    best configuration ever is arrows+new ECU+P/U kit (O2 sensor bypassed). P/U kit absolutely encreases fuel consumption. I don't think the ne ECU will reduce it.
  19. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    It has been my experience that fuel economy is inversely proportional to fun factor.
    mekanik likes this.
  20. Guoseph Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE501S
    Other Motorcycles:
    Heh, I suppose you are right. Though I haven't seen the "less fun = more mpg" side of the spectrum even riding it tame. I've read somewhere that going from stock to P/U drops from 60ish to 40ish mpg. I've never run my bike stock (P/U from the dealer), and am in the 40ish range. I just wondered if stock w/ arrows would be somewhere in between, but it sounds like no one has tried.