Exhaust Choices

Discussion in '610/630' started by Guoseph, Jan 26, 2012.

1. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    All I've ever gotten was a billet throttle tube, and that was hanging on the rack at my local shop.
  2. Reflexrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'll try to send a picture; if if goes through it will be a first for me. The pipe is just a longer version of his standard 610 offering. I wanted it to be quiet, so I can slip through the Forrest with out any customer service from the authorities.
  3. motranqui Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310 2010 & TE630 2010
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ 250 F
    Hi
    there's a lot of time since last post. Anyway I'd like like to clarify and I've make this resume:

FMF Q4… not street legal, and 96db I think is quite loud (650$)

http://www.fmfracing.com/Products/MX/380

FMF power core 4 not street legal, and 96db… 600$

http://www.fmfracing.com/Products/MX/42

Comparison

http://www.fmfracing.com/Products/BikeAsList/2011_HUSQVARNA_TE630

Wings: it’s seems right now they are only interested to make KTM’s exhaust… What do you think :( ?

http://www.wings.si/ver3/index.html?page=about_us

Barret Exhaust: DB / safe weight information? I can't find nothing about it… :excuseme:

http://www.barrettexhausts.com.au/exhausts.html

http://www.barrettexhausts.com.au/husky-shop.html (650$)

ARROW –I lot of mates has voted it as the best configuration ever: arrows+new ECU+P/U kit (O2 sensor bypassed). But the price is outrageous :eek: :

This is a local Spain Husqvarna dealer (price in €)

http://endurorecambios.com/sistemas-de-escapes/10301-escape-doble-sm-te630.html

Leovince… it’s seems has stopped making exhaust for almost all Husky models… am I right or maybe I’m looking at the wrong page :confused: ?

http://www.leovince.com/us

Regarding to list preference, mine would be:

1.- Reduce heat (as I think it helps engine’s performance, endurance and longevity) & not extra tune required

2.- Performance gains (not in the sense of HP increase but "engine enjoy feeling" .. not hesitasion, go fast from low to up rpm, etc)
    3.- Sound level & tone (I’d rather go for a quite one)

4.- Cost

5. aesthetics

6.-weight reduction

7. right side muffler removal

Which one would you recomend me?

And, according to information above, does it means that right know we have only two options for TE630... Arrow or FMF :confused: ?

Thank you

4. Brzoza Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2016 husqvarna FE501s
    Looks like the FMF is currently the only choice for single pipe. I'm looking to get the Q4 to loose some weight but 850 Canadian $ is a bit pricey.
  5. BobPS Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster 795
    If you're looking for single pipe then it's FMF.

I considered FMF, but I read that it's loud, so I bought Barrett Exhaust. Here in Indonesia, after shipping and import duty, Barrett is US$50 cheaper than FMF. It's loud but not too loud. It comes with a pair of tea strainers that were already in place (in the end of the pipes) and a pair of what they call optional baffles. During the first month I left the tea strainers in place, but then I removed them. IMO without the tea strainer (it becomes a straight through pipes) it sounds better and a bit louder.

Before installing the Barrett exhaust I weighed them, but I can't remember the weight... It's not light though. It's lighter than stock pipes but not that much.
  6. motranqui Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310 2010 & TE630 2010
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ 250 F
    Yes, I have been thinking about it and now I think the best option for me is FMF Q4. BobPS, according to what Silverbullet said, is not so loud. Their Web says "Max Sound output 96dB; most models below 93dB"

The point is how do we know if TE630 is among the models that are below 93db... I guess if Silver Bullet said is not so loud, then the TE630 exhaust will be among them :thumbsup:

7. Brzoza Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2016 husqvarna FE501s
    The Baretts look great and are a bit cheaper. Thanks for the weight info.
  8. motranqui Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310 2010 & TE630 2010
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ 250 F

I meant "noise level", not weight. Sorry, it’s my fault I confused both words

Regards
  9. SilverBullet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 300EXC, V-Strom650, Super Tenere

You will not be disappointed. Idle and normal throttle it is acceptably quiet, turn your wrist hard WOT it will bark but then so does the stock exhaust IIRC. Just ensure you keep the quiet insert installed and if you purchase a Powercore 4 you will need to purchase the quiet insert separately. I dislike loud pipes on and off road. I ditched my dual exhaust mostly to reduce heat, secondly for the 14 lb. weight savings and lastly because I found it mispriced on Ebay for only ~$230. Performance wise gains are minimal if any. Since cost was low I decided on FMF and keeping my stock exhaust intact just in case I will need it later.

_
  10. BobPS Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster 795
    Okay, I got curious about Barrett Exhaust's weight, so I removed one pipe and put it on a bathroom scale.
    The exhaust weigh 2,5 kg ... so two of them weigh 5 kg.. that's 11 lbs.
  11. Baddrapp Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    GPR exhaust makes a single and slipons.
  12. Brzoza Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2016 husqvarna FE501s
  13. Brzoza Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2016 husqvarna FE501s
    Just installed the FMF Q4. It's indeed not louder than stock, which is great.
    The original mufflers, especially the left one, were very hot. The FMF, after a 30 min test ride was still lukewarm.
    IMG_4283 copys.jpeg
    BobPS and SilverBullet like this.
  14. motranqui Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310 2010 & TE630 2010
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ 250 F

Brzoza, where did you buy the black bars for carrying the luggage. I'm looking for something easy, just like the one you have installed in your bike.

Thanks
  15. Brzoza Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2016 husqvarna FE501s
    Dirt-Bags Brackets http://dbzproducts.com/fs/dirtbagz.htm
  16. BobPS Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster 795
    husky.jpg

Here's a picture of my TE630 with Barrett exhaust on. I wear ear plugs most of the time, but when I don't wear ear plugs I don't find it too loud.

Motranqui, if you're looking for racks for your TE630, one that I recommend is Barrett Product's rack...it's the same company that makes the exhausts.

If you do order from them, get the Universal model...that way you can attach a Rotopax to the rack. I mistakenly order Standard model instead of Universal model, and I kinda regret it. I an and I'm going to have a Rotopax holder fabricated locally, it's just simple cross bar ... but it's something that I wouldn't have to do if I had ordered the Universal model.
  17. motranqui Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310 2010 & TE630 2010
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ 250 F
    OK, thank you, I appreciate your advice, BopPS

I’m not in a hurry as now we are in winter time in Spain, so is cold out there.
    But for spring time, I will purchase one of those “side racks” because I want to go camping :)
    Which for me is weird, talking about Barrett racks, is that you have only the possibility to make the order on the phone, not through their web page. Please, look:
    http://www.barrettexhausts.com.au/racks.html

As I have not total command of English language, I’m a bit of shy talking it, especially at the phone.

Anyway, if finally I go for the Barrett ones, I’ll do my best on the phone :rolleyes:
  18. BobPS Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster 795
    Hi Motranqui,

You do not have to call them, you can place your order by email.

If I remember correctly when I bought mine, I contacted them by email and told them what I need an asked them about shipping cost. Then they came back to me with shipping cost and total price I had to pay. Payment was made via paypal after they sent me a paypal payment request.
  19. motranqui Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310 2010 & TE630 2010
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ 250 F
    Thank you, Bob Ps
    May be in the past but now, their web page says that, concerning to racks, all the orders have to be placed to phone. Is quite, quite weird...

I've made a "summary" about racks that are still waiting for "moderation aproval" in the thread "630 luggage"

In principle I go for the dbz ones or Kriega ones, but I'm not 100% sure
  20. Guoseph Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE501S
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda VFR800, KTM 525 EXC
    Wow haven't seen this post in a while, dunno if anything from the older posts still applies as most of those aren't available anymore. I did try both the Leo Vince titanium single and the FMF Q4, I like the Leo's sound better but the FMF with the quiet insert isn't obnoxious.

One thing to note is that most racks that are made for this bike is made for dual exhaust, so if you switch to single the rack will feel too wide. I got a Wolfman set and sold them cuz I felt it just stuck out too far. Now I'm using a rackless back system from Mosko Moto and it's awesome.