630 exhaust prices?!?!

Discussion in '610/630' started by tropicoz, Oct 10, 2011.

1. tropicoz Husqvarna
    C Class

I'm away from home and just got word that my pipe is at home waiting for me! Dammit....I won't be back for a few more days so this wait is gonna kill me!
  2. shoolsema Husqvarna
    AA Class

at that price i wouldn't be able to sleep at night!!! way to excited
  3. 35xj Husqvarna
    C Class

just got mine from seismic last week. Crazy cheap, fast shipping, fits great!
  4. twolane Husqvarna
    A Class

Does the FMF kit come with two parts? A new midpipe and a slip on, or is the mid pipe welded to the can?
  5. johngil Husqvarna
    A Class

Two pieces. Three if you count the heat shield.
  6. twolane Husqvarna
    A Class

Thanks!
  7. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    630 owners give these pipes a look. The WINGS pipes for the 630's are $594 + $75 for shipping to the USA. Contact them directly, info is on their site. http://www.wings.si/ver3/index.html
    These pipes are real nice. They come with 2 sizes db-killer/spark arrestors to tune as you desire. I am leaving the large ones in as they sound so sweet but not loud at all. I have always liked the twin pipe look on the Husky 4T's and these do not dissapoint. After mounting them I came to really apperciate the metal pipe hangers. Carbon fiber may not be the best choice for a hanger on a off road bike with possible fatigue, imo. They look and run great! Give them a look.

Attached Files:

8. Kevin2735 Husqvarna
    B Class

Don't take this the wrong way, but I am curious why you are very enthusiastic about these pipes? This is probably the third or fourth thread I've seen you promoting this product. Just wondering, why are you so charged up over this farkle versus any of the others you may have put on your bike?
  9. blakebird Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '16 FE501S
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 Super Tenere
    carbon fiber hangers work and last just fine - they just need to be fitted tight with no slop, and fatigue won't be an issue.

btw, I grew up in Chico - always catches my eye when I see that as someone's location.
  10. willie Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 630
    For anyone who went from the stock to FMF Q4 exhaust for the 630. Is it much noisier than stock? Want the weight savings but not a lot of extra noise.
    KLOC likes this.
  11. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    I just like spreading the word on these nice pipes. From the other Ti slip on pipe options I have seen these are my favorite. The Arrows are Ti but no spark arrestor, so I couldn't run them off road here. I am a fan of the twin exhaust look on the 630. Others to may not want to go with a single setup, and these nice Ti pipes put a big smile on my face I like to share. :)
  12. SilverBullet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 300EXC, V-Strom650, Super Tenere
    I went from stock to FMF Powercore with a quiet insert and it is quieter than stock idle to 1/2 throttle. After that it is only slightly louder than stock. Sounds very nice but so did the stock exhaust. The Q4 is supposed to be quieter than the Powercore even with the quiet insert.

FMF weight is 7 lbs, stock 21 lbs. FMF doesn't get as hot as stock either.

_
  13. tropicoz Husqvarna
    C Class

I just recently installed the FMF Powercore and I can tell you I'm surprised by how tame it is. I don't have the quiet insert and even still it's completely acceptable unless you get on it WOT. Surprising really. But dammit, when you do get on it, it sounds like angels bowling!!!
  14. JoiseyJanet Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have a question when installing slip-ons (have the wings and new gaskets to install).
    Do you usually use never-sieze? And if so, do you use it between all the mating surfaces (both sides of gaskets)?
    Thanks.
  15. Dc.allen Husqvarna

I haven't used anti seize on any exhaust products over the years.
  16. FoulPlug Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    So has anyone done a before and after weight when you keep the twin exhausts?

Like the twin look and after pulling the stock cans to drill out the cats it appears that going to after market cans is only going to save weight and maybe a little more open but not much. trying to decide if the cost is worth the weight savings.
  17. willie Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 630
    Very little if any weight loss going from the gutted cans to any of the aftermarket duals. They look slicker, may sound better and are an option for anyone not willing to gut their stock cans but certainly not a cost effective weight saving.
  18. JoiseyJanet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Discussed here:

http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/exhaust-choices.22834/

19. FoulPlug Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Thanks for the info/links. Hadn't seen the post of the cost/weight saving comparison thanks for that Joisey. Guess tell i'm ready to go to a single can, its def not worth it. Thanks guys!
  20. ct-sm Husqvarna
    C Class

Dang, I want to get a 4.1. Maybe in April...