Best pipe for the 630!

Discussion in '610/630' started by husky666, Dec 28, 2010.

1. husky666 Mini-Sponsor

I tried to modify the dual exhaust with slip ons and I was not happy with that. Then I went to a single muffler (fmf) using the stock header and that didn't work or fit well. Now I am using the full ti Leo Vince system and you cannot compare anything to this pipe in performance,fit and finish,or overall looks period. I have spent time on the dyno, and a lot of seat time in the canyon and this is the best result so far! :thumbsup:

Attached Files:

julienl and MASTER_E like this.
  2. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    I'm trying to talk the wife into letting me get one.

Are you using a Powercommander or an iBeat tune?
  3. husky666 Mini-Sponsor

So far I have not changed any FI settings I only removed the O2 sensor and installed the jumper.It runs pretty good, a lot better than stock but I do plan on getting a power commander some day when I have time to mess with it.
  4. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    Is it fine to leave it untuned? I know on sportbikes, replacing your exhaust without tuning the FI is asking for trouble. Typically, you end up running way lean.

I don't care about squeezing a couple more HP out of it. I care about keeping it running properly and dropping the boat-anchor OEM exhaust.
  5. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    Mate that pipe and carbon guard look bloody terrific. I bet you dropped a few pounds as well.
  6. 016ms Husqvarna
    B Class

Did you remove the plastic airbox restrictor located behind the foam filter?
  7. husky666 Mini-Sponsor

When the power up kit is installed the bike runs way richer so there is nothing to worry about.You really can't compare this to a sport bike,it's very basic and it runs fine.I haven't removed the piece from the airbox permanently yet because I want to be able to tune it when I put the powercommander on, it did show a big gain on the dyno just buy removing it.This system reduced the weight approx 17lbs.
  8. mlyamkaw Husqvarna
    AA Class

How much was the pipe, and where did you buy it? Was hoping to find an online source for it.
  9. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    Motosportz carries them for sure. I think I heard a few other site sponsors mention having them as well.
  10. husky666 Mini-Sponsor

Call this # 510-232-4040 ask for Ryan. I don't want to quote prices but he sure took care of me.:thumbsup:
  11. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I like the Leo Vince titanium .... but purchased the twin Arrows and think it´s best to point out (for Continental European owners) that the Arrows are factory stock fittings, are registered as such and are therefore street legal, whereas the Leos (as stated on their web site) are not.
    BTW the Arrows come with their own black box, and once the p/u kit has been installed, no further tuning is necessary.
  12. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    dayum that's a sexy bike. way wicked cool looking.

nice. now i want one. great.

damnit!
  13. TCP Husqvarna
    AA Class

Your bike looks KILLER and at 17 lbs lighter, you can still eat at In-N- Out:thumbsup:
  14. husky666 Mini-Sponsor

Thanks Paul, and more importantly I can wash it down with more beer!:cheers:
  15. Big Red Husqvarna

Husky666,

It's been a couple months with new LV exhaust on your bike. Have you done any tuning since install or still running with factory settings plus p/up kit?
  16. husky666 Mini-Sponsor

I went ahead and removed the piece from the airbox, that is a step in the right direction! Maybe this spring I will get a power commander and finish the tune up. Right now I am busy dialing in my new Husaberg.:)
  17. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    How does it run without the tune?
  18. husky666 Mini-Sponsor

It runs very well but if you want to get picky it has a slight rough spot around 6000 rpm that I would like to smooth out. Under normal riding conditions you may not notice it but I spend a lot of time in tight canyons running between 5000-8000 rpm so I do feel a transition that needs some tweeking.
  19. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    Hall's told me that Leo states that a tune is not required with the pipe. I just want to be sure I'm not doing any damage to the bike, or making it run like crap once the pipe is on.
  20. Big Red Husqvarna

I ordered the LV single and should see it in a week. Waiting stinks! Can't wait....[IMG]