TR650 fender/license plate holder eliminator ideas

Discussion in 'TR650' started by ebrake, Nov 18, 2012.

1. IPA Brewer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Multistrada, KTM 690E
    Franken-fender.

Picture-hanging wire and glue, until the replacement parts arrive. Thanks for the idea BillF and krussell!

Rich in PLacitas

IMG-20130403-00073.jpg IMG-20130403-00074.jpg
  2. Leo Fisher Cafe Husky - Contributing Member

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati, Honda and Norton
    Here's how the tail tidy looks - We hit some snow melt mud on the ride but nothing serious and the tail bag and license got splattered but not too bad. BTW - the First gear tank and tail bag worked flawlessly whereas my Buddie's Pelican box vibrated enough to open a tube of tire slime - Nothing like green goo all over the interior. What impressed me was the unfailing feel at 80 mph that this bike could run cross country. Might not be as comfortable as some of my other bikes but for what it is - I am a happy camper! True off-road will require a few changes but for hitting the back roads here in New Mexico - It's ideal.

2013-04-05_11-45-34_506.jpg
    nev.. and Ol'NumNuts like this.
  3. Kawagumby Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TE310, 2014 TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250R, KDX220, 1987KDX200
    Looks good! Is that tidy available from someone here in the US?
  4. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Leo - thanks. That is by far the best picture for convoying the essence of the tail tidy that I have seen. I am actually tempted to get one now, until you posted that picture I was not sure.
  5. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    Come on back to TR650 luggage options and tell us more Leo... It looks like something I would use.

:cheers:
  6. Leo Fisher Cafe Husky - Contributing Member

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati, Honda and Norton
    I got this Tidy through my dealer who got it from the Distributor here in the US - Twisted Throttle. You can order directly from them but you'll pay the shipping. If you have your dealer order it - generally, they pick up the tab. Husky dude! I believe I did discuss these early on in that section along with pictures on my website http://www.nutznbolts.com/the_husqvarna.htm . Once I figured out how to best secure them, there was no untoward movement and they work really well. These are the Laguna Series from First Gear and I got them at Cycle Gear (on-line). CH! I like it! Albeit fairly expensive, the Tailtidy cleans up the rear end nicely.
    mario33 likes this.
  7. Luge Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    sold them all
    First remove the steel factory tag mount,It will eventually crack your rear fender, then replace with a Thin piece of aluminum flat stock 3/4" x 1/16" trimmed to size, bolted through reflector bolt holes. Drill holes to fit your license plate. I used red round reflector motorcycle tag bolts, with removable loctite, very lightweight. And Very inexpensive! Just my opinion.

Attached Files:

8. scottinAZ Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Husqvarna TR 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Yamaha Royal Star Venture
    self explanatory :thumbsup:

plate.jpg
    Ol'NumNuts, Coffee, mario33 and 2 others like this.
  9. Lekolite Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Strada
    I was gonna ask how you intend to get that. If someone does I would buy it!
  10. Lekolite Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Strada
  11. Luge Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    sold them all
    Coffee likes this.
  12. scottinAZ Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Husqvarna TR 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Yamaha Royal Star Venture
    Thanks Luge! I have used this plate style on my last 3 bikes, I really like what it represents. Arizona has something like 41 different choices for auto plates and 4 or 5 choices for motorcycles. They have an added cost to your registration every year but it's worth supporting the different causes each plate represents, this one represents military support.
    Coffee and Luge like this.
  13. Luge Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    sold them all
    Hey scottinAZ, I really love that plate!,The flag and the colors are awesome! TN does not have such a Freedom related cool plate! We can get personalized plates, but the plate itself is not as cool as your state plate! Luge...
  14. Allen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda NH750
    I think I want to put a Pelican topcase on the bike. I also think I might get the LED brake/turn combo for this cargo plate. [IMG]

A bracket for the license could be put on pretty easily - or they could offer a specific kit ( I emailed..). This could be a nice option for a rear topcase and forgo the $190 for the tail tidy kit, which seems like a necessary fix IMO.
  15. viridicyana Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR75, VF750C Magna, CB1100, R1200RT
    I have to say that I love my TN plates. White background with black lettering. No pictures, no extraneous designs. I've always appreciated how my home state chooses not to mess with the aesthetics of my bike by putting rainbow colors or pictures of farms on the tags! :)

I move all over the country every couple of years, and I'm glad to be able to keep those TN tags everywhere I go.
    Ken Woods likes this.
  16. bluegopher Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR650 Terra
    Well this is day two with my new Terra. Another day of excitement after yesterday's sideways powerslide down the highway due to a staple puncturing the tube in the rear tire. Took care of some honey-do's this morning then headed out for some light trails and forest road riding. I got about 20 miles out and traversed a section of washboards. Nothing major, just a normal washboarded dirt/gravel road. I heard a snap and then a grinding sound coming from the back of the bike. I came to a stop and looked behind me and saw black plastic and a turn signal in the road with what was left of the fender hanging by the remaining turn signal wire. I've read a couple posts about people supporting their rear fenders but I haven't read about this happening to anyone else. I'm new to the site so I may have missed the post though. Is this common? If so I need to figure out something different to do with the rear fender to keep it from happening again once I get it fixed. Sure hope Husky foots the bill for this one.

[IMG]

Attached Files:

17. TerraCzar Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR650 Terra
    Coffee likes this.
  18. bluegopher Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR650 Terra
    Thanks TerraCzar. I appreciate the link. Just read the thread and it looks like my experience today was not uncommon. I got some good ideas from all the posts and look forward to working out a solution as soon as I get my tail light and turn signals back. Gotta get back on the Terra ASAP.
  19. krussell Strada Adventurer

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Strada (for sale)
    Other Motorcycles:
    K1600 / Super Tenere
    When my fender went the guys at Bill's in Salem mentioned they ordered in a bunch, just in case. If you want a replacement in a hurry, they may have one ready to ship.
    Coffee likes this.
  20. Kawagumby Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TE310, 2014 TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250R, KDX220, 1987KDX200
    I put a Tail Tidy on last weekend - the plastic fender is no longer an issue! Kind of expensive, but the plastic fender holding weight is a bogus design IMO.