TR650 fender/license plate holder eliminator ideas

Discussion in 'TR650' started by ebrake, Nov 18, 2012.

1. TR650 Mike Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    The simple free fix for me was using the temporary plastic advertisement plate the dealer gave me. I drilled some holes through it and used it to mount my plate. Its lite and sturdy enough, plus it gives me some additional coverage in the back from rear tire spray 2014-08-24 13.27.56.jpg 2014-08-24 13.28.43.jpg 2014-08-24 13.27.56.jpg 2014-08-24 13.28.43.jpg
  2. Clete Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '01 CR/WR 250, '13 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '06 Suzuki SV650 (gone)
    i like the flat stock for the brace
  3. broadwayron Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    '10 520RR

Are you worried about the fender catching the tire when the suspension compresses? That's why I mounted my plate higher, but I'm not sure how far the rear will compress. I've lost plates on other bikes, and it's a mess when that happens.
  4. TR650 Mike Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    No worries, there is plenty of room. I did not change the stock clearance, I just got rid of the boat anchor of a plate holder. 20140827_145032.jpg
  5. PaulC F class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    2 2018 YZ 450F, 2019 CRF1000AT
    Tidy Tail mods now legal for Aussies....?

No more extended mudguards
    The federal government has approved the removal of the mudguard extension specification from the Australian Design Rules

The Australian Government has approved the removal of the requirement to modify rear mudguards on new motorcycles to meet unique Australian rules, saying the rule is “outdated and has no bearing on vehicle safety”. Not to mention being unsightly...

The change will involve deleting the mudguard extension specification from the national vehicle standards, also known as the Australian Design Rules (ADRs).

According to the government, abolishing the provision will achieve significant efficiencies, with nearly 70,000 new motorcycles no longer required to be retro-fitted with rear mudguard extensions every year. It will bring Australian into line with other jurisdictions such as Japan and Europe.
  6. Pepernoot Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 terra
    After i also lost the rear fender, did some modifications on the new replacement part (original part, ordered in holland for 27,- Euro's :applause: )

Removed the sharp corner (were the crack starts) and added some metal connections to the silencer connection point.
    Hope this wil work!
    IMG_1327.jpg IMG_1326.JPG IMG_1325.JPG
    Geeza likes this.
  7. kiwiape Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia DD750
    Nice bracket, did you design/make or Laser that?
  8. Geeza Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Looks great, don't suppose you could take one back off, trace round it and post some dimensions/material thickness! Would be greatly appreciated.
  9. Pepernoot Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 terra
    A new rear fender you can order at: http://www.husqyparts.com/en/model/20130/tr_650_terra/oem/24033
    Designed the metal bracket myself and ordered it at a laser cutting / metal company (247 tailor steel.com).

I attached the PDF file of the part (couldn't attach the DXF file). It is not a perfect fit but it fits.
    Material: Stainless steel 316 (A4) thickness: 2mm

I wil try to make a redesign next few days.

Attached Files:

mike26racing and Geeza like this.
  10. Geeza Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada

Thank you, greatly appreciate the information and the effort.
  11. Geeza Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Pepernoot had some rear fender support brackets made and kindly posted the design on this forum.

I have finally got a qoute on getting some brackets laser cut in 2mm stainless steel. $28 a pair if I order in a batch.

If I get enough interest I will get them made.

Postage will be extra so I suspect this offer only applies to Oz/NZ

$28 pair - pm me if interested.
  12. Cyntax Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra, 900R Nuda
    Other Motorcycles:
    MG V50 NATO III

Hey Pepernoot, excellent job with the metal bracket! I was wondering if you have made a redesign in the meantime. I would like to order one too in the future as a preventive measure :).
    mike26racing likes this.
  13. Pepernoot Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 terra
    Hi Cyntax,

Sorry for the delayed response.
    For more info, see the thread: "rear fender support brackets"

Kind regards!
    Pepernoot.
  14. DerBrizon Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    2005 Suzuki SV650S
    I made brackets, too. I used 1/8"x3/4" aluminum flat bar. Drilled a hole at one end, transfer punched the other end and then cut to length. Filed it down by hand to fit around any janky corners. Total cost was about $4.

The part above looks way sharper, but quite a bit more work.
  15. Nick780 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    83 Suzuki GS400E
  16. Poser Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW Dakar
    I was thinking this through and came up with another option using a 4mm stainless steel bottlescrew from the DIY (3mm not quite long enough). Fixes from rack to indicator (existing bolt just long enough to get a full nut back on). Looks great, no drilling and no more license plate shaking when bike's ticking over...

image.jpeg image.jpeg
    DeLewis likes this.
  17. cmcmullin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Terra 650