Project TE630 begins

Discussion in '610/630' started by BILLF, Apr 5, 2011.

1. oneleven Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    That looks bad-ass. Looks like you lowered it as well.
  2. robertk61 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR250
    Have a look at this thread and get a JD Jetting FI tuner.
    http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/new-fi-tuner-on-my-sm-630.18398/#post-160301
  3. ATD1 Husqvarna
    A Class

Bill,

The rims look amazing...I'm sold. I noticed you had a rubber license plate holder...who makes that?

Thanks for posting the updated pics as well!
  4. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    I like that exhaust option so much, Bill is putting a kit together for me right now, and ordered up an iBeat to tune it when it comes in! It seems like the best bang for the buck going right now.

Thanks Bill!
  5. ATD1 Husqvarna
    A Class

I went with the LV Enduro Sport slip-ons and JD EFI tuner. All bolt on and no programming. The gains are substantially noticeable!
  6. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    I wanted as much weight savings as possible with the least tuning headache. Bill is setting me up with a kit to install the pipe, and the iBeat settings. It's perfect!
  7. ATD1 Husqvarna
    A Class

I understand but as far as weight savings you saving about 4lbs and as for the programming....well the i-beat requires knowledge of the software and programming to get the most out of it. The JD EFI tuner comes preloaded with many different fuel maps thats are designed for the TE630 and can be switched on the fly in the middle of your ride to suit conditions for optimal performance...absolutely no programming required and install is plug-n-play and its about $100 less than the i-beat.

Im sure you'll be happy with Bills setup...just my 2 cents.
  8. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    92WXC350 /Lamson CR250/701 Vitpilen/
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph900 Scrambler 1200 HD Nightst
    The oem exhaust parts weighed 22lbs,the FMF in the box with the heat shield and all weighs 6 lbs.saving 16 lbs lots more power and only $435.I really like Leo products and we sell lots and lots of them our best selling Husky ACCY,but the $$ are alot more,so this is just a nice alternative that works really well and looks great also.billf
  9. ATD1 Husqvarna
    A Class

Bill,

Who makes the rubber license plate holder on your project bike?

Thanks
  10. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    We sell them for $19.95 not sure where we get them from.
  11. ATD1 Husqvarna
    A Class

How does it actually mount? Can you post some pics showing mounting location?
  12. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    It mounts up under the 2 bolts that hold the tailight in.Ill try to get some pics of mounting asap.Also a little trick we learned the Te511 kickstand works perfect its just the right length so it doesnt lean over so far.
  13. ATD1 Husqvarna
    A Class

So the pics you have posted now are with the TE511 kickstand? How much $ for a TE511 stand?

Thanks
  14. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    TE511 kick stand is 2.5 in. longer PN#8000H0233 bolts right on.$63.87
    We also noticed the complete Te511 front end made the front wheel center 1 in. longer from the frt motor mount.
  15. ATD1 Husqvarna
    A Class

Sounds good. What about the swing plane. Does the new stand hit any part of the bike as it swings up or down?

Thanks
  16. rjdenya Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    05' Honda CR250R
    I also went with the Leo Vince Enduro Sport slip-ons and a JD Jetting Power Surge 6X EFI Tuner . The power increase is very impressive, 2-4 hp with just the JD unit. Check out www.jdjetting.com. James has dyno graphs and charts along with pictures to look at. I spoke with him at length a few times. He is very knowledgeable with jetting and fuel maps. I can't say enough good about the EFI tuning device. The ability to add or subtract fuel, from idle to top end without a laptop is amazing. The Leo slip-ons sound great too.
  17. rjdenya Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    05' Honda CR250R
    Jtemple, your set up from Billf is a great option as well. A little less money and weight is a good thing. You really can't go wrong with either way.

BTW I have a 2011 TE630
  18. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    That sounds great and all, but why is it that all these places have parts/accessories for the 630 and NONE of them have the information on their website. There's no mention of the 630 on the JD Jetting site at all. I have been to their site in the past and had seen nothing. That's why I moved on.

I wanted to go with the iBeat for tuning, because it will also diagnose fault codes.
  19. ATD1 Husqvarna
    A Class

Bike is still too new I guess and according to them they are currently upgrading their site.
  20. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    The kickstand works great just longer.