Project TE630 begins

Discussion in '610/630' started by BILLF, Apr 5, 2011.

1. trav72 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    That's a sweet 610! Now, don't sell it!

I agree, I'm all about being minimalistic. I'm probably not riding it like most of people that buy the 630 do. So I have no desire to bolt a bunch of stuff on to it or use it as an Adv bike. Weight and a dialed in suspension or most important to me. That's why I love Billf's bike from the moment I saw it. It's exactly how I eventually want to set mine up. If I do find myself traveling on it, which I may do at some point, I'll throw a waterproof duffel on the back like I did on my WR250R and call it good.
    [IMG]
  2. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    I like to keep mine pretty stripped down, too:

[IMG]

[IMG]
  3. EricV Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    I'm another for red, also pretty minimal. Would like to drop the passenger pegs (less weight/clean look), but know they offer decent slide protection (which I hope not to need, but you never know...and I've seen posts by others, Jesse included I believe, who can attest to that.) Also want to change mirrors. I'd also like to do a serious trip w/ it and will, but enjoy less weight for the day tripping I often do (lots of gravel roads, back roads, jeep trails, some light to medium singletrack.)

I like the red swedes. :) Actually I didn't plan it this way...wasn't looking for a Volvo S40 T5 specifically some years back (and didn't want red for the same reason RDTCU pointed out) but had happened across mine and couldn't resist the deal (manual, low mileage and at a steal.) Rare I snap photos but did as it's one of the few times I washed it right. The Husky, well, I really wasn't looking at 630's either (was actually sniffing about for a used 610...and didn't want to spring 8K plus for a new 630...but then learned of the 2K off deal and grabbed one in the neighboring state for 6100 OTD. Anyway, they go pretty well together, though I hate folks thinking I'm a red freak. :)

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

BTW- Yeah, agreed, I need to learn to post larger pics.
  4. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    Didn't have passenger pegs on mine when I flung it down the street at 50 mph. Luckily, it slid on the right side and didn't mangle my exhaust.

New rear axle, right footpeg and right handguard, and I was good as new.

I didn't have sliders on it at the time either. The slide is what prompted me to install them.
  5. Rogercopythat Get R done! Yip Yah!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450 2010
    Other Motorcycles:
    2 stroke Satria
    Do you think that gl tank bag will fit over my safari tank?
  6. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800
    I don't think that the passenger pegs would provide any significant protection in a crash. They are not that stout, especially when loaded from the side as opposed to from the top.

Mine have been gone for years. I never used them, why have them?
  7. 1lunger Husqvarna
    AA Class

I agree. I took mine off the 1st month I had the bike. They might help with a tip over in the garage, but that's about it.
  8. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    That is a setting/preference in your photobucket account.

For the first time in a long time I logged into photo bucket, and the amount of options are a bit over whelming.
    Try unchecking 'link back to albums', and resize on your computer to the size you want before uploading - alternatively in 'customize upload options' select the proper size you want such as 1024x768 (that is a good size).
  9. EricV Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Appreciate the simple break down, I'll give it a shot:

[IMG]
    Coffee likes this.