Project TE630 begins

Discussion in '610/630' started by BILLF, Apr 5, 2011.

1. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    Yeah I adjusted my rear master clevis and the negative stop on the rear brake all the way down. I've still got the rubber pads on my pegs, but if I wear boots it's still a bit of a stretch to get my toe over the pedal without picking my arch up off of the peg. It's a bit uncomfortable to try and cover the rear pedal while wearing boots when I'm up on one wheel... I've considered taking a wedge out of the pedal arm near the pivot, TIGing it back up and smoothing it over...
  2. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I used some quick steel J&B weld at the junction between the brake arm and oblong adjuster to get the brake lever down more. Also I adjusted as much slack in the mechanism to provide as much travel as possible before the rear brake engages.
  3. shaun hamer Husqvarna

New to the thread and enjoyed the read. I have been getting my TE630 to my liking over the past few months. mainly trail the beast and have found the biggest issue is a total lack of zip out of the gate, meaning I have to heave the bike over boulders, valleys etc. Finally got on to Motoextreme here in CA and have just purchased a 14 tooth front sprocket, power up kit, JD tuner kit and will be going for the pipe next. Sounds from the thread I'm on the right track and will let you know. Done some airbox mods also and am planning some more. Surpised everyone is talking about how the mods affect top end as I find the TE has goops of top end out of the box and fewer comments about how to get the front end lighter for obstacles (also softened up the suspension both ends and dropped the forks through the yokes about 2" to help in the same _ or at least have the ability to paddle out of trouble when I don't lift the front in time!).

Going to replace the tires with DOT approved Dunlops for my next ride in a couple of weeks. Will see how that goes too.....

Attached Files:

4. Travis Shrey Husqvarna
    A Class

I've found that the rear tire is a pretty large limit when trying to loft the front end - never washes out on me but when I try to goose it to get the front end up it just spin when I'm in dirt.

Wouldn't softening up the rear end be counterproductive to what you want to do? The initial motion will be to compress the rear suspension further; I would think a stiffer rear would make more of the torque go towards lofting the front.
  5. ATD1 Husqvarna
    A Class

Did you need to modify the pegs to get them to fit? How much $$$ were they?

Thanks
  6. LawnDartMike Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'm not sure which Husky pegs will fit but I'm using my '09 WR125 pegs on my SM630. They are a perfect fit.
  7. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    510 pegs are a direct fit; no modifications necessary. They were over $100 if I remember correctly. In hindsight, I probably could have gotten some aftermarket pegs at that price.
  8. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    92WXC350 /Lamson CR250/701 Vitpilen/
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph900 Scrambler 1200 HD Nightst
    Adams in the pics are off a 1999 WR360 ,I think they fit right on.
  9. SilverBullet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 300EXC, V-Strom650, Super Tenere
    Bill do you still have these rubber mounts? I looked on your website and couldn't find it. Thanks.

_
  10. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    92WXC350 /Lamson CR250/701 Vitpilen/
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph900 Scrambler 1200 HD Nightst
    Yes we do just call or email 888-806-1153 or 503-585-1153 bmp@teleport.com $19.95
  11. shaun hamer Husqvarna

Travis,

I agree with your assumption, but my bike is a slug on bottom end. Even if I could get the back wheel to spin when I gun it, it would be good, but it doesn't even have that to it.... hence the upgrades and hopefully I will be in a position to play from there. In respect to tires, I'm going to be fitting a pair of Pirelli Scorpion Pro's this weekend, so will see what difference that makes too.
  12. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    Anything new with the 630 thumper? :popcorn:A current pic of my 630. Maybe I need a SM fender? :thinking:

Attached Files:

13. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    Nothing new here. I don't even want to go outside. Too cold!
  14. trav72 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    [IMG]

I know this thread is old but from the moment I saw this bike I finally knew what I wanted to replace my 530exc. I started looking around for a used 630 and found one that was somewhat local to me. It was setup for commuter/long distance duty. But I've been slowly transforming it into a copy of Billf's machine. I'm constantly on the lookout for another front end as well as another set of black wheels. But until then, this is where I'm at currently.

Went from this:
    [IMG]

and currently looks like this
    [IMG]
    CrankN likes this.
  15. 1lunger Husqvarna
    AA Class

I like the red version
  16. trav72 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Yeah well, my bike's not red so....
  17. 1lunger Husqvarna
    AA Class

But reds the fastest color, so....
  18. 1lunger Husqvarna
    AA Class

All jokes aside, the bike looks great! I like the minimalist look too [IMG]
    mekanik likes this.
  19. 1lunger Husqvarna
    AA Class

I know some people use these for adv, but extra pegs, windshields, bags, etc made them look too small. Each to their own Though
  20. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS

That's why I'll never own a car in a "give me a ticket" color :p