Project TE630 begins

Discussion in '610/630' started by BILLF, Apr 5, 2011.

1. ATD1 Husqvarna
    A Class

Factory stand is way short...bike leans too much.
  2. rjdenya Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    05' Honda CR250R
    FYI for anyone interested, JD Jetting- Power Surge 6X Fuel Injection Tuner- TE450/510, SM630, 08-11, Part # JDHQX03. As ATD1 stated you have to call JD Jetting for further information. The part is available now but not on their web site. I know this for a fact because I have one.
  3. ATD1 Husqvarna
    A Class

The JD EFI tuner is easily the best upgrade for the bike. I did the PU kit which cured some major issues the bike had right out of the gate. Then I added the LV slip ons and some other issues like a slight stumble in the motor around 4000 rpm when you would roll-on. I added the JD tuner and after 10 minutes of setting the unit and experimenting the engine pulls smooth right off idle all the way up to redline and thats the absolute truth. The tuner worked absolute wonders for the engine and requires absolutely no computer to tune it to your liking...simply plug-n-play.

2-thumbs way up for JD Tuning!!!
    Motosportz likes this.
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Awesome info / post. Thanks. [IMG]
  5. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

" I added the JD tuner and after 10 minutes of setting the unit and experimenting the engine pulls smooth right off idle all the way up to redline"

How is the "experimenting" done? Can the tuner be manually set? Or is a lap-top needed? Or does it adjust the setting on its own?
  6. bungarra Husqvarna
    A Class

This projects realy got m ears pricked up. Love the idea of a modern xr 600 style bike. More, more, more!![IMG]
  7. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    My FMF exhaust from Bill is on the way!

I can't afford to go all nutty with the wheels and stuff, but the exhaust should trim quite a bit of fat off.
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    yes, manual controls on the unit, very slick setup and I have heard great things about the performance from everyone that uses one.

[IMG]
  9. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Have ordered one for my 630 (but am a bit jittery as am neither a brain surgeon or a nuclear physicist)
  10. MrClean Husqvarna
    AA Class

I just ordered a 6x for my SM630 as well. I put one on my TE310 a few weeks ago. There's really nothing to it.

The 6x comes pre-configured for each model bike. If you don't want to mess with it, just plug it in and go. It may not be "spot-on" for your particular bike. But, right out of the box the 6x should give you noticeably better performance.
  11. ATD1 Husqvarna
    A Class

This is true. I got mine and simply plugged it in and the power delivery was noticeably different. The stumble at 4000 rpm was completely gone and power was much more linear. If you get one you'll know what i'm talkin about. And yes...there's nuthin to it.
  12. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
  13. TCP Husqvarna
    AA Class

Awesome job Bill and Adam the bike looks sooooo good. Thanks for putting in the effort for our benefit.
  14. ATD1 Husqvarna
    A Class

I was hoping to see some new developments on the project bike. Let's keep this thread alive guys.
  15. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    92WXC350 /Lamson CR250/701 Vitpilen/
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph900 Scrambler 1200 HD Nightst
    Just added a added a Ballistic Evo 2 BATTERY WEIGHS 1.8 LBS ,BIKE IS NOW 311 LBS FULL OF GAS.
  16. ATD1 Husqvarna
    A Class

Bill do you sell wave rotors for the te630? Cant find much online except for braking disc brakes. Maybe the factory wave rotors from the TE511. Let me know what ya got...thanks.
  17. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Any chance of a photo of how the license plate bolts up?
  18. rjdenya Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    05' Honda CR250R
    Bill, I am also interested in front and rear wave style brake rotors for my TE630.
  19. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    92WXC350 /Lamson CR250/701 Vitpilen/
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph900 Scrambler 1200 HD Nightst
    Going on its first real 50 mile offroad tomorrow,hres more pics.The tail light rubber mount just goes up under and bolts into the 2 tail light mounting holes one of the pics shows this.billf

Attached Files:

20. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Bill, that thing is bad ass , nicely done