Project TE630 begins

Discussion in '610/630' started by BILLF, Apr 5, 2011.

1. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    I'm favoring the Arrow system as well, simply because of its plug & play nature. I don't have a tuner here and don't care for the added cost/hassle of a Powercommander/Autotune setup.

Street legality is a non-issue here, as those laws aren't typically enforced. As long as you're plated, insured and have your motorcycle endorsement, you're good to go.
  2. willie Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 630
    I am looking for an aftermarket exhaust primarily for weight loss, not power gain. The LV Ti system is reported to be 17lb lighter than stock and the Arrow slip-ons are approx. 3 lb lighter. This extra weight is high and far from the center of mass. The engine's fueling is rich enough with the power up kit so probably not an issue with the LV! I'm sure a LV full system will make a considerable improvement to the 630 but is it worth the $1000+ ?
  3. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    92WXC350 /Lamson CR250/701 Vitpilen/
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph900 Scrambler 1200 HD Nightst
    We have put on both full twin Leo systems and full Ti single Leo systems and great product that fits perfect.We came up with this single FMF that seems to work just as well and cost less than one half,we just set Ibeat setting at 105/105/105 from stock to test today.But it does run great without anychanges.We can weigh both systems but thinking save about 16 lbs.
  4. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    Is iBeat something I can do myself? What do the numbers mean? 105% of the stock fueling? So you just richened it up a little more? I think the iBeat hardware/software is around $250-$300, correct?
  5. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    On the 630 in this thread, the 105 settings are CO setting's that come in to play when the O2 sensor is removed. No O2 sensor in the mid pipe so that's a safe guess.
    jtemple, you can get iBeat from CH sponsor, Semco Designs dot com. That is where we got ours.
  6. Mick_fnq Husqvarna
    C Class

Hi guys, this is my first post. I was looking through and found this thread and would like to show what I have done to my 630. The bike is around 6 months old with about 2000km on the clock. I have had similar dramas with the bike that has been covered in other threads (bike produced no power ran rough when new and rear sprocket nearly fell off). Power delivery of the 630 is a bit deceiving as it pulls strongly through the whole rev range. Power of the 630 comparable to my previous bike (08 KTM530 EXCR) just not as snappy. The 630 has alot more torque than the old KTM and gets referred to as the tractor by my mates.

Anyway below is a list of modifications that I have done so far
    • Changed the exhaust to a Barrett setup which is Australian made. The reason that I changed the standard system was not really chasing power gains, but was to reduce the heat produced by the standard cat exhaust. As I learnt the lesson the hard way and got burnt.
    • O2 sensor blocked and pu kit installed prior to the new exhaust and changes the engine completely.
    • Aluminium bashplate which is necessary as I a punched a hole in the left hand side engine case on a rock when the bike was around 500km old which was a $450 excercise to replace
    • Barkbusters
    • Tidied up the number plate holder
    • modified fold down mirrors
    • Changed gearing to 14/45 - the bike can still pull 160km/h
    I have attached a few photos

DSCN0682.JPG DSCN0683.JPG DSCN0684.JPG DSCN0680.JPG
    Motosportz likes this.
  7. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    Bike looks real nice with the black cans!
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  9. kootsrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

10. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

ATD1 ... I did exactly the same, for exactly the same reasons and with the same results. Still seems the most logical solution to me. Other attempts at losing weight include stripping away the pillion pegs (and very heavy brackets ) and exchanging the battery for a much lighter and smaller lithium Moty.

PS

Has anyone tried carbon wheels?
  11. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    lOOKS GREAT ,WE ARE GOING TO PUT THE NEW HUBS ASSY ON THE 630 ADAMS BUILDING TO SAVE A BIT MORE WEIGHT.,SINCE WE ARE BUILDING AN SM511 WITH TE511 PARTS AND SMS630 PARTS.
  12. ATD1 Husqvarna
    A Class

Are you going to do the black wheels as well from the TE511? My dealer quoted me $800 for front and back wheels completely assembled and trued. Black Excel Takasago with red anodized RAD ECO hubs and rad spokes. Probably won't do it until I need tires...maybe this fall.

Can't wait to see pics of your TE630 with the black wheels!!!
  13. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yes we are putting the polished hubs with the black Excels from the Te511.A little note you must cut a small piece of mid pipe off to fit the FMF.But you can easily have it rewelded if wanting to go back to duals.I just had a customer back out of the FMF setup because he didnt want to mod/cut his pipe.Stainless is so esay to weld for $25 anyone would perfectly put the cut piece back on and still look factory.By the way with just a touch up on the Ibeat it runs perfect with no tuning peroblems at all.
  14. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Great info Bill, thanks.
  15. Busted RS Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630, WR300 '09
    Other Motorcycles:
    DT360A's
    Bill, I will also have a single pipe on my TE630 very shortly, an Australian Barrett.
    Would you mind telling just how much touch up it needed. ( what settings did you end up with) Also, are you at sea level and what are the air temps at the moment in your area ?

I have already modded the airbox for better breathing and discon. the O2. The airbox mod seemed to make a small improvement in mid rpm and up breathing, but the O2 made a huge improvement throughout. ( yes, this is all seat of the aging pants)
    Currently my TE runs very smoothly and pulls reasonably well throughout the rev range, but I feel it is still suffering asthma from about mid revs up, hence the new pipe.

Regards,

Power on regardless [IMG]
  16. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ill take a look at %%% as soon as we can move it.we just put the Te511 KYB forks on it and will be installing the new polished hub Te511 wheels on it tomorrow if we get time.The forks will need testing we may need stiffer springs I guess we will see,this is a fun project .Great thing is we are so busy its hard to get time to fiddle with it,bad thing is no time to ride.For you motoard fans we are buiding something really neat hopefully it will be born tomorrow if all goes well,then I can post pics.billf
  17. ATD1 Husqvarna
    A Class

Don't forget to post pics of the TE630 with the TE511 wheels on it...it's gonna totally transform the looks of the bike!
  18. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Well here it is so far,fastway pegs,Te511 complete front end.Rear Te511 rear wheel assy,Our FMF exhaust kit,remap plug and runs great,still in progress but this is it so far.billf te610 004.JPG te610 004.JPG te610 001.JPG te610 004.JPG te610 001.JPG te610 003.JPG te610 005.JPG te610 006.JPG
  19. Swampds Husqvarna
    AA Class

That is sweet! Those wheels totally transform that 630.
  20. Muddy Waters Husqvarna
    AA Class

Bill; I like what y'all're([IMG]) doing...and I'm waiting to see how your motard creation will shape up

:cool: -->:popcorn: