630 Luggage

Discussion in '610/630' started by Tagati, Aug 30, 2010.

1. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    I think you forgot to put the kickstand down. :D
  2. johngil Husqvarna
    A Class

You just can't have too much beer.
  3. pinocono Husqvarna
    AA Class

This.
  4. pinocono Husqvarna
    AA Class

One of the things that bothered me when I added my TCI luggage rack is that one of the DirtBagz straps had to go through and under the rack itself. This defeated the ability to quickly remove the DirtBagz from the bike.

In my toy hauler, there are a number of straps with what they call "parachute buckles" holding the couch, dinette seats, etc. up when the hauler is loaded with the toys. This is pretty standard, they seem fairly stout, and I've never had one fail in transit.

So I had an idea, which can be dangerous, to use one of those parachute buckles to join the 2 DirtBagz together under the rack.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Now I can remove the bags without undoing the webbing. I found the buckles online at Joann's Fabrics, but they didn't have any at stock at my local store, but I did find them at Walmart with additional webbing in the camping section with lash straps and such. Best part, cost about $4. I swear, I never owned a KLR.
  5. CJBROWN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 R1200GS
    Brilliant. :applause:

Going to do the same thing. Been fighting with it since I got the bags.
  6. johngil Husqvarna
    A Class

Those are what the Wolfman bags use.
  7. CJBROWN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 R1200GS
    I had an old waterski vest with a couple of 2" clip snap buckles like that. With scissors and a few minutes I have mine rigged the same way. Wow, why didn't I think of that?

BTW, if you cut all of your straps for all gear at an angle they're easer to thread into adjust buckles and snaps. Same for cargo straps, or any nylon webbing.
  8. pinocono Husqvarna
    AA Class

Now you tell me! Don't forget and put those life vests back on the boat.
  9. kirbybikes Husqvarna
    AA Class

I had the subframe off to gusset the grab handle mounts for luggage and decided to mockup up the Wolfman racks (Thanks Cody) and the TCI top rack. I had to modify the upper mount, cutting off the forward bolt mount hole and thru bolt it to the TCI bracket (photo does not show new bolt). Also had to file the rear mounting bolt hole on the left side, but not the right. Other than that a fairly simple install.

Attached Files:

10. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR250R, GoldWing, Africa Twin
    Nice sub-frame reinforcement! And I thought that I had done a good job..... You could carry the kitchen sink back there.

I ordered my Wolfman bags from Motostrano yesterday, with a 10% discount thru ADVRider. 'Splurged and got the waterproof version this time as I had to empty water out of the Cordura bags several times on the TAT.
  11. kirbybikes Husqvarna
    AA Class

I am going to look like a Wolfman poster boy when this thing is loades up! Tankbag, duffle, rollie and expedition bags.
  12. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Appears Kriega has a new system coming out that will debut at the Indianapolis Expo

[IMG]

"That there is the Overlander 30 (2 x 15L bags) on a Rack Loop frameless fit system. With a rack (soon to be available for the most popular DS bikes), and LDPE quick-release cam lock backing system you can go up to 60L (4 x 15L packs). And then, with a US-30 in the middle, 90L of rock-solid, almost indestructible Enduro spec capacity is possible. Production is scheduled for April and we'll get our first shipment around then.

This is the toughest stuff Kriega has ever made.

Stay tuned for more details as they emerge... [IMG]"
  13. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    Nice... Kriega makes good stuff. Something tells me a rack won't be available for Huskies, though.
  14. gehtlos Husqvarna
    AA Class

Just ordered the Wolfman racks and bags from this guy. 10% off great customer service. You need to call the guy he does not have them on his website but he's gonna get them for you. Motostrano.com
  15. Nick Taylor Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 630
    Just got the Kreiga Overlander 30 set and US-20 bag for on top. Just waiting on Rotopax Fuel and water containers to go on rear rack. Subframe needs welded also. Just had a bad accident on the bike so you might notice a few things bent or missing. I have to say that these bags are bomber. Extremely secure fit. I can't wait to use them. IMG_3335.jpg IMG_3336.jpg IMG_3337.jpg IMG_3338.jpg
  16. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    SuperTenere-GL1800-CBR900RR-KLX250S
    bump a good thread
  17. BaronVonDarrin Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 te630
    Other Motorcycles:
    wr250r, CL175
    After seeing the Kriega overland 30 bags. I am convinced i will pick them up as my luggage solution. Waterproof and very attractive and polished fit and finish sort of luggage. And I think it is pretty reasonably priced too. Does require you to drill your rear plastic but honestly I don't care. Small price to pay for what looks like a superior product.

Curious if anyone has fitted the kriega bags to run more diagonally instead of vertically. More like the giant loop bags.
    Nick Taylor likes this.
  18. Nick Taylor Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 630
    I've had these on a few long trips now and they are awesome! The US20 on top gives nice back support. No signs of wear and totally waterproof.

IMG_3454.jpg
  19. motranqui Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310 2010 & TE630 2010
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ 250 F
    Old thread...:)

Nick, may you put a pic where we can see where you made the holes? Are you still satisfied with the quality of the bags and the way they are fixed to the bike? Do they burnt with the exhausts?
    Thank you ;)
  20. motranqui Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310 2010 & TE630 2010
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ 250 F
    Hi

As a resume I propose:
    Wolfman side racks:
    http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/wolfman-side-rack-and-husky-tail-rack.40579/
    husky3.jpg

If I have understand correctly, Gouseph says that it doesn’t fit with the oem tail rack (by the way, oem tail rack is the same that Touratech rear rack? :excuseme: ) while Kenneth Webb and Thumperama says they had no problems. Mysterious… :rolleyes:

But it seems that they no longer make racks: http://wolfmanluggage.com/blogs/news/13613185-any-rack-will-do

In fact, I don’t see any racks in their web: http://wolfmanluggage.com/collections/all

Alternative, Barret side racks:
    http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/side-racks-where-to-buy.36047/

husky1.jpg

Their web site: http://www.barrettexhausts.com.au/racks.html

This rack, as we can see in this pic, fits the oem tail rack
    Husky.jpg

Alternative, TCI outback rack:

http://www.tciproductsusa.com/ (help, page says me “not found” :confused: )

TCI Outback rack1.jpg