630 Luggage

Discussion in '610/630' started by Tagati, Aug 30, 2010.

1. motranqui Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310 2010 & TE630 2010
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ 250 F
    More options:

DBZproducts: where you can buy only the racks or the complete kit (racks & bags)
    http://dbzproducts.com/fs/dirtbagz.htm

Does anybody knows if this rack fits the oem tail rack?. Ok, by looking at this picture: dbz5.jpg , I guess yes :)

Another pic:
    dbz3.jpg

Kriega bags:
    http://www.kriega.com/

Kreiga2.jpg

Of course, you can try and make your own side racks, as wickedwill did:
    Wickedwill homemade2.jpg

I’m not sure if I miss any option. :rolleyes:
  2. Guoseph Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE501S
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda VFR800, KTM 525 EXC
    I see my bike!

The Wolfman rack is unobtainium cuz I think I bought the very last one two years ago, unless you get lucky and find a used one somewhere. But honestly I thought it made my bike's ass look too big:

[IMG]

I currently have the Mosko Moto Reckless 80 and highly recommend them. Though you will need to wait till spring for them to make the next version.

https://mosko-moto.myshopify.com/collections/all/products/reckless-80l
    alexklim likes this.
  3. motranqui Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310 2010 & TE630 2010
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ 250 F
    Thank you, Goushep, I appreciate your advice.

Anyway concerning to luggage distribution for me is a must to have no luggage at the rear area because I´m not comfortable at all in case I have to go down a stepped hill and I cannot move my body backwards. Is really dangerous…

Kreiga2.jpg

picture1.jpg
  4. motranqui Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310 2010 & TE630 2010
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ 250 F

dbz3.jpg

Hi. Brown eye ;)

I’m still not sure which rack should I order. May be you can help me...

Are you still satisfied with the DBZ ranger bags? Can the bags be strongly tied to the racks or do they tend to move on dirt tracks? What about materials quality?. Are they strong enough? Would you buy it again or would you look for another luggage alternative... based on your experience?

And which is the small bag you carry on the tank? Are you also satisfied with it?

And do you have any references about Kriega bags system on the 630?

So many questions... sorry :oldman: :rolleyes:
  5. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    I have Wolfman Enduro bags for my 630 and they work great for me. The back top strap lays right behind the seat so it carriers it weight where a passenger would sit, so no need for sub frame gusseting or bolt on side racks. They work so well I may get the Wolfman Daytripper bags for my 510.
  6. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR250R, GoldWing, Africa Twin
    I have Wolfman racks on my 630, and looking at Guoseph's pic it appears my left side rack is much closer to the exhaust can. I can't get two fingers between the rack loop and the can. On the right side I had the loop moved closer to the bike since I have a single exhaust. I guess it's all moot though since the racks are no longer available through Wolfman. www.moto-racks.com is making the Wolfman style racks now though, and if enough folks wanted them for the 630 perhaps they could be convinced to make some. The owner is a friend of a riding buddy and perhaps he could throw in a word or two. I'm set up with both Wolfman bags and Mosco Moto bags, depending on the ride. Both systems are very good.
  7. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
  8. bushwa Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda Hawk Gt
    Yup. I have one just like that, with similar subframe braces. Use it to mount a 4L Kolpin fuel can, with small tent, hatchet, and sleep pad strapped on depending on what I'm doing. The Wolfman Beta mini bag then sits on the seat. I do have wolfman side racks now and will be picking up a set of soft bags of some sort to get the gear off my seat, and lower on the bike.
  9. motranqui Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310 2010 & TE630 2010
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ 250 F

Hi

Which ones do you have? Please, look here:

http://wolfmanluggage.com/collections/enduro-bags

And Could you show us a pic of your TE630 with the bags on it?

Thank you
  10. CJBROWN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 R1200GS

Sorry, haven't been back here for a bit and I don't get emails on all threads.

I like the ranger bags fine, they're nice and light as well as the racks, they stay put and hold enough. The are much more compact than the wolfman expeditions - I also have a set of those I use on the bigger bikes - I had a Tiger 800XC and recently traded it for a R1200GS.

That's the good news. The bad news is the bars are very light and will bend if you crash on them and break if you do it very many times. The bags are sewn by wolfman so they hold up, but they are not waterproof. For me, I add the ortlieb roll-top that is so that's where bedding and clothes go - the light stuff. The rest doesn't matter, tool roll, stove, food packs, etc. Or you can pack in waterproof stuff sacks or compression sacks and get by as well.

They are also quite small - about 19L each if I recall, so if you're a gear hog you're gonna run out of space. If you pack light they're fine, and frankly I think that's an advantage so you don't overload the bike. Very easy to do on these smaller bikes. Piling lots of weight on the back just destroys the handling.

In my stacked picture there are a couple of anomalies - one is that I don't always include the Kolpin pack, and two there's a water bag on top as this particular trip we had to bring our own water to camp.

There's also the advantage of cost - the Dirtbagz setup is not very expensive - I think I gave like $180 when those folks were at the big bike show here in CA.

I have have often thought it would be nice to figure out a way to hang the wolfmans on it since I have those and they are waterproof and stronger, but alas the connection system is unique to the Ranger bags so I stick with them. That said I'll bet I've only used them a half dozen times in the four years I've owned the bike. Most all riding has been from a base camp so I have not done a lot of off-the-bike camping. We did do a couple of 800 mile Grand Canyon North Rim trips though and it all worked out really great. We had some big bikes along that literally shook the racks off their bikes. Mine came thru with flying colors and a whole helluva lot lighter and fun to ride in the rougher stuff.

The Mosko bags are really nice but super expensive and I thought I heard they were a bit heavy as well. Plus you still need a way to stand them off the side of the bike and I'm not sure what other options there are for the Husky. The wolfman racks are also no longer made but you might find someone selling an old set.

Doing it again I would go with a GL Coyote and a roll top. But that won't work with the Turbo City rack and that's my extra fuel - I happen to loathe the Safari tanker tank. I only need extra fuel on the odd occasion so that's when I install it.

Another one to look at would be the Altrider bag - I think that would be a good solution as well.

The wolfman mini enduro tank bag is fine - just know that it's not waterproof either. I still use and like it on the husky. Have more or less quit using a tank bag on the big adventure bikes, replacing it with a larger topbox. I find on the roadbikes the tank bag is a PITA for fueling. I'm generally going a LOT more miles on those bikes. Again, I think the smaller Giant Loop tank bag is a better option, it's waterproof and a little bigger.

I don't have any experience with the Kriega bags but a couple of riding buddies like them - two 20L ones - but you need a way to hang them on the bike. I guess they have some kind of system for that, never really paid attention. Nice product though. If you can fit your gear in a Giant Loop Coyote I think that's the hot setup, Altrider bag second, just because it's quite a bit bigger. The big GL bag is way too big.
    motranqui likes this.
  11. CJBROWN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 R1200GS
    This was my original setup:

[IMG]
    motranqui likes this.
  12. mekanik Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    I swear by the Kriega setup that I run,tough and waterproof. Stayed put on the bike without a rack system and I rode backwoods and camped. Once again,nothing better! My riding partner had the GL system and it didn't do as well. I ran the Giant Loop tank bag and liked the features like ease of fuelling but....it isn't waterproof!
    motranqui likes this.
  13. motranqui Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310 2010 & TE630 2010
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ 250 F
    Thank you :)

Although I'm sure that Mosco bags, Giant loop Coyote and Altrider bag are good options I’ve ruled them out as I don’t like to have luggage in the back of my seat. Also although according to CJBrown ranger bags seem a balanced option, now I rather prefer the Kriega bags or Wolfman enduro Dry Saddle Bags to save "future racks break problems".

Regarding to tank bag I really don’t mind… both wolfman or Giant loop look OK for me. It’s a pity that Kriega don't have a tank bag so that we could compare it with the other ones. And because if I finally buy Kriega bags, I would have to purchase the tank bag to another company, and that means additional shipping costs…
  14. motranqui Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310 2010 & TE630 2010
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ 250 F
    Although by looking at this video now I’m not so sure because it seems that if you drive fast on rough terrain the bags are going to be moving up and down. I guess same problem with Wolfman enduro bags. (See minute 1:05) Uhm… :confused:
  15. CJBROWN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 R1200GS
    Ya, the dirtbagz don't do that because the bar holds them at the bottom. It's a pretty sano lightweight setup that just works.
    Any bag needs some kind of framework or they flap around like that.
    I run givi pannier racks on the Tiger and GS for Wolfman bags. the are also very secure and steady, even with the straps going over the seat.

The Altrider bag is the one to look at - it's of decent capacity but still rides like a soft bag with no other framing. The GL Great lakes is too big, the coyote a bit small. The Altrider is the right size, even if you added a tent bag or other gear bag with it.

The other cool thing about all these bags is if you campout you can take everything off and go ride the bike with NO luggage. Whoot!
  16. Philthy Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yammy WR250f
    photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG photo 3.JPG photo 4.JPG
    I recently got a GL great basin bag for luggage but didn't like the fit as said before in this thread the luggage doesn't want to come too far forward to inhibit riding positions. The little metal bars bolt onto the outside of the grab handle holes and push the bags attachment point back to near the indicators. Bag sits pretty well there and feels solid, will try it out in a couple of weeks on a camping trip.
  17. motranqui Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310 2010 & TE630 2010
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ 250 F
    Finally I've taken the decision to make my own rack. It’s based on a friend of mine idea, and has nothing to do with racks like the DBZ. When I finish it, I’ll show some pics.

Yesterday I was about to order the bags and racks from DBZ, but shipping costs to Spain is about 90$ and then I have to add taxes, that are about 21%. So I said “enough is enough” and I started to work in my own project… what keeps me excited… :)

OK, this is the thread where I explain what I made:
    http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/handmade-side-rack-for-te-630.83432/#post-570852
  18. KayDubbya Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW F650GS
    Any chance you could post a pictures of your Husky with the R80 setup installed? I'm a new owner of a TE630 that came with the Wolfman racks but no luggage. I have installed my AltRider Hemisphere holster and it's okay, but a bit short on space for more than a weekend. I'm trying to chose between the Reckless 80 (or even the Reckless 40 with the BC duffle or Stinger 22) or their 35l panniers. I'm somewhat confident that the panniers will ft the Wolfman racks, but prefer the Reckless system for keeping the weight on the seat and off the frame. I'd love to see how you tie down the R80. Thanks in advance.
  19. al jorgensen My first motorized vehicle had a Husky engine

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    630, 610, WXE 610, TE 450, WXE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Mostly Italian Stuff
    On this same thread but on a slightly different note, in spite of CJ Brown's well known general dislike of Safari tanks :-), I did purchase a Safari tank, brand new, drop-shipped from Australia (via Just Gas Tanks) for my relatively recently acquired 2011 TE 630. I mostly ride in Eastern and Central Nevada and a 250 mile range is pretty much a must, particularly when you are exploring. However, one draw back to the Safari tank (apart from 'ruining' the look of the bike) is that I can no longer use the Touratech tank bag (which is made by another German brand). So the question is, what tank bag will clear the fuel cap setup on the Safari tank and still have a decent (but not too large capacity)? The question is doubly important because I just acquired an 09 TE 450 that came already equipped with a Safari tank, cheers.
  20. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    SuperTenere-GL1800-CBR900RR-KLX250S
    Wolfman small expedition works great for me.

[IMG]