630 Luggage

Discussion in '610/630' started by Tagati, Aug 30, 2010.

1. johngil Husqvarna
    A Class

Yep. The world famous brokeback beemer.

[IMG]

For sale to a good home...

Cheap? What's that? They are made in the US and I like Wolfman stuff. I see GL is US made as well, but I'm not 100% sold on the Coyote.

Yes, I spoke to Tom. I will be cutting that windshield way down.
  2. CJBROWN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 R1200GS
    Nice looking setup. I like those bikes, but yeah, tough going as a dirtbike. ;)
    Did you have any of the failures so often reported on them? Or was it a good one? You must have gotten it right when they came out.

I think the TCI windshield is too tall as well. Maybe fine for road but definitely in the way for offroad. He suggested drilling a second set of mounting holes so it can be set at half height.

Are you going to Death Valley with the group next month? I remember you said you were doing LAB2V over Thanksgiving.
  3. johngil Husqvarna
    A Class

My 800 has had all the reported problems and more.
    In a way I'll be very happy not to deal her anymore. On the other hand, I've had lots of great days on that bike.

Can't really plan anything in advance right now for DV. Business is very unpredictable lately.
  4. Huskyfly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Looking for my next Husky......
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Africa Twin, 2013 TE310
    Bummer you had so many issues with the F800. I have a few friends with them, it seems like you either have a good one or a bad one. The buddy's that have them most have been trouble free but the one that had issues, had a # of issues.
  5. johngil Husqvarna
    A Class

Even with all the troubles I have had, I think I have a good one.
    WFO likes this.
  6. CJBROWN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 R1200GS
    BTW, best prices on Wolfman bags is rockymountainatv.com And free ship over $99.

Think I'm going to get the enduro tank bag and trying to decide on a med or lrg rolie to mount over the rotopax. Any suggestions?
    The large is 13" long and the tank is 12":

[IMG]
  7. Huskyfly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Get the bigger Rolie bag, it can always be rolled up smaller.....just my 2cents.
  8. chiefrider Husqvarna
    A Class

9. MOTOXNUT Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC510 & 2012 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Suzuki DR650
    Soft bags, does anyone have any pics of bags they are using. I have a new TE630 on order which will arrive in New Zealand in late December and i have a 2500 km ride planned mid January so i dont really have time to wait for the bike to arrive then see what fits. If possible i wanted to use some sort of soft rear bag like a giant loop without fitting an rear rack and a bag that will work with the standard exhaust. Most of my future trips will just be 1 night away staying in cabins so i dont need huge capacity but 25-35 litres would be good.

If anyone had some picture of what they use and contructive comments that would be very helpful.
  10. johngil Husqvarna
    A Class

Just received my Wolfman Rolie saddle mount. I have one medium and two small bags totaling 17.5 liters.
    I'll get a few photos when I get done mounting all three bags loaded. Fit is good and it doesn't look like the side panels will be stressed out too much.

[IMG]
  11. blakebird Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '16 FE501S
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 Super Tenere
    Giant Loop Coyote with North Face tent, Big Agnes tent/pad, fleece blanket, on an XR650R I built last year.

It would work great on a bike like the 630 with pillion pegs, a good place to strap to.
    Doesn't budge, holds a lot.

[IMG]
  12. CJBROWN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 R1200GS
    The Rolie bags are cool John. I got my medium size one a couple of days ago, and the Kolpin aux tank yesterday. The bag has my tool roll, front and rear tube, inflators, tow strap, rags, spares, and still room for a bit more. Glad to get that crap out of my camelbak.

Gives me 5 gl of fuel capacity now.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  13. MOTOXNUT Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC510 & 2012 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Suzuki DR650
    Cheers John, i will be very interested to see the pictures of it all mounted up
  14. johngil Husqvarna
    A Class

Not the best photo, but you get the idea. The bags never moved. There are a few little quirks, but nothing major.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  15. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

That new 630 must be pretty impressive to put the XR out to pasture.. Would like to hear your comparison sometime between the two.
  16. blakebird Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '16 FE501S
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 Super Tenere
    I've had a few XR650R's, but my favorite of seven XR's was a 2000 XR628 I built a few years ago. I've liked the air-cooled 600's, but after building a few I was ready for something different. I've had a number of KTM's as well and still favor them for technical offroad riding -but it was after riding a friends TE 610 in Death Valley when I was on a 525 that it struck me as the perfect combination of them all.

XR-like thumper feel with gearing to make road sections liveable, it carried some oil....and had a real electrical system. Dualsporting dirt bikes means compromises, and the TE 610 did away with them.
    Even geared tall with sprocket changes, the XR's naturally short dirtbike transmission gearing and five speeds, made it a busy engine on the road.
  17. johngil Husqvarna
    A Class

Placed my order for Wolfman racks with Berg today.
    I can't say I'll be using the larger racks much, but since I already have the Expedition dry bags I figured I may as well have them.
    Merry Christmas to me!
  18. Guoseph Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE501S
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda VFR800, KTM 525 EXC
    Does anyone know if the Wolfman rack will work with the Husky rack, most pics of the Wolfman I've seen so far are being installed with the standard black passenger grab handles.
  19. Huskyfly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Cool! Did they release it or post a date for release?
  20. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR250R, GoldWing, Africa Twin
    The racks are ready to go. I paid Berg today and the racks should be on the way! I also got my Cigar Mike centerstand today and I'm anxious to see how it works. Now, if I can just get my side stand altered the way I want it.