630 Luggage

Discussion in '610/630' started by Tagati, Aug 30, 2010.

1. Tagati Husqvarna
    AA Class

What are you guys doing for Luggage on the 630? I am sure I saw photos of a 630 with Giant Loop on it but can't seem to find it.

Interested in seeing any solutions here. Form Hard cases to tank bags and everything in between.

Racks too :thumbsup:
  2. jckid Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Previsouly owned: SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250X, KLX351, CT110
  3. knary Husqvarna
    B Class

I own a dual sport because I want to be able to toss it on its side and not worry too much about bike or body. Metal cans on the trail are an awesome way to snap bones and tweak frames.
  4. Tagati Husqvarna
    AA Class

Has anyone used a Giant Loop on a 630? Looking at mine I would think it would hit the can's. I am sure I have seen one on a 630 lol but I can't find it
  5. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    Hey look, I'm stalking Tagati from ADV!

Giant Loop Coyote/Fandango is my plan for next year.
  6. jckid Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Previsouly owned: SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250X, KLX351, CT110
    My opinion as well, but the original poster did ask about hard cases in addition to other options.
  7. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    I would go to Giant Loop and throw them an email. Wachs over there is pretty responsive unless is is out on the trail somewhere.

www.giantloopmoto.com (You can PM him too. He has a post in the PNW Gathering thread)
  8. knary Husqvarna
    B Class

Wachs. Geez. Sissy art guy gets frustrated by the gear out there and dares build something that works better for the kind of riding he does? What a jerk.
  9. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Giant Loops Wachs

Well....that is another approach to getting his attention.

Although I would point out that this isnt the ADV Rider crowd so they may not know how all you arty dual sport guys stick together :)
  10. knary Husqvarna
    B Class

Dave's a friend. His wife and I are showing together at a gallery in Bend. Opening is Friday night. :D
  11. wachs Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW F800GS, KTM 500 EXC
    Oh great - Knary is coming over to mooch our guest room and out-sell all the Central Oregon painters again. Awesome! :cheers:

Haven't had a chance to fit the 630 yet. Our Husky dealer left town. But if it's even close to the 610, 510 or 450, our Coyote works great. On the stock fuel cells the Fandango tankbag works great too. With some of the tall, dry-break-style aftermarket tanks we have a new tank bag that is almost finished and ready for production.
  12. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Thanx for the link. I was very impressed with the bag and am certain the it would fit well on my Shoei helmet. But wouldn´t it be an impediment under low bridges? And I really liked the pic showing how you can sling it over your shoulder and do the strap up under your arm. Looks very much like a Russian infantryman at Stalingrad!
  13. Tagati Husqvarna
    AA Class

What about the Great Basin? Would that fit a 630? :excuseme:
  14. antipode Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    DR650, Triumph STR
    Does ayone know if there is a rack or top box base that could be fitted to the 630 apart from the Husqvarna one which is too small?
    I'd like to put a top box for my daily commute.
  15. mlyamkaw Husqvarna
    AA Class

Can you tell me where you attach the rear straps for the tank bag??:excuseme: I just bought one of yours, and it doesn't appear that their is a simple attach point, like a KTM or most other bikes.
  16. tlking6 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I just picked up the coyote and am trying to figure out where to attach the lower straps :excuseme: I pulled the passenger pegs long ago. I can make a bracket easy enough on the right side but it seems like every where on the other side I'm dealing with exhaust issues of some sorts. Do I need to bolt the pegs back on? :doh:
  17. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Got this from the Swedish Army. `Tis MUCH better´n the Brit. Army equivalent. Works better than you´d expect on a bike as the weight rests on the saddle.

Attached Files:

18. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    If you have the passenger peg mounts (just the little hoop with the nuts embedded) and bolts, then add a piece of flat stock with the strap mount of your choice. You can slide the mount to several positions on the subframe. I did this to rig up an MSR can mount. Those little hoops are already made to fit the frame so they work great.
  19. tlking6 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thats a great idea! Thanks
  20. deepcdiver Husqvarna
    AA Class