630 Luggage

Discussion in '610/630' started by Tagati, Aug 30, 2010.

1. pinocono Husqvarna
    AA Class

Just got an email from Ed at Dirt-Bagz. He said that TE630 brackets should be available in 2 weeks, and to keep an eye on the website.
  2. deepcdiver Husqvarna
    AA Class

The website now lists the TE630 brackets as available...ordered mine!
    pinocono likes this.
  3. pinocono Husqvarna
    AA Class

Ditto, seems like I've been waiting forever for these to show up on their website.
    [IMG]
  4. TE 450 Pilot Husqvarna
    AA Class

I would like to see where the frames for the bike bolt on. I hope it does not interfere with the fender rack. As soon as i see some more photos / reports on these i will likely be ordering a set for each bike.
  5. pinocono Husqvarna
    AA Class

You can see the stock grab handle peeking out from behind the bag. The only rack out there so far is the TT/Husky rack, and it attaches to same points as the grab handles.
  6. ContraHusky Husqvarna
    A Class

I had DB's on my 610. If these mount similarly (and I can't imagine they don't) then the Husky rack and DB rack can share the same mounting point. Might need slightly longer bolts, but it should work just fine. In the pic above, it's clear that the DB rack and passenger grabbers are sharing the same mounts. Lose the passenger grabs and the Husky rack bolts right up.

But...the Husky rack plus the DB's make a very expensive setup. $450 or so for racks and side bags...? Can probably live without a rear rack though. A duffel or drybag will strap right across the back of the seat with those DB's providing outboard support. I commuted into the city today (I mean, "The City") and a duffel bungees on quite nicely with the passenger rails. It was so simple and easy I asked myself why I was thinking of getting a rear rack. I ran a flat bungee under the seat, crossed once each way over the bag and it was done. Neat and tidy and secure.
  7. worker Husqvarna
    AA Class

can you guys please comment on the following
    a) are the bags waterproof
    b) how much weight can the bags and the mount can handle
    c) do the mounts spread the weight to the footpeg mounts ?
    d) can other types of bags be installed there
    c) is the 299 price for the side bags, mounts and the top bag reasonable
    e) can the mounts some how be used to mount rotopax 1g gas cans

thank you in advance

P.S. some of the questions are answered in their FAQ -- just wanted to ask for user review so to speak

http://www.dbzproducts.com/faq.htm
  8. johngil Husqvarna
    A Class

E-mailed Wolfman about any plans for 630 racks.

Hi John,

We are working on them right now. Hope to be finished in a month or so…check our website for details!

http://www.wolfmanluggage.com/

9. bmah Husqvarna
    AA Class

That's what they said over a month ago...
  10. johngil Husqvarna
    A Class

Yes, I'm sure they did. At least they aren't saying "no" right out of the gate.
    I'm a small business owner and know the road to hell is paved w/ good intentions.
  11. Indy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Well put. I hope they come through also. Waterproof would be nice.
  12. twolane Husqvarna
    A Class

Any thoughts on mounting up a pair of the waterproof bicycle saddle bags on the dirtbagz racks? Might work as a waterproof option.
  13. ContraHusky Husqvarna
    A Class

The DB racks could be used with different "throw-over" style saddle bags. I've tested mine with a pair of Cortechs that I have. They're a little bigger and I could use them if needed.

The DB racks do not really support the bags (like the Wolfman racks). The bags have to carry their own weight, and the DB racks hold them in place and off the mufflers. If the bike panniers strap together and can hang across the bike, they might be able to work.
  14. johngil Husqvarna
    A Class

Heard from Berg at Back Roads Moto today. He makes the Wolfman racks. They are still in the prototype stage, but plan on starting production in October. The racks will be the new style. Don't have any more details at this time.
  15. CODYs Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    05 KTM 950 Adventure
    Wolflman spy shots!! I know nothing.:cheers:

[IMG]

[IMG]

It is really in the works..... Seriously.... Oh and there will be a cross member for added support. Sorry no pics of the actually rack hiding under the expedition dry saddlebags.
  16. Huskyfly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Looking for my next Husky......
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Africa Twin, 2013 TE310
    I talked to the Wolfman himself at the Rawhyde Adventure Challenge, and confirmed he had a prototype. He said he had a hard time getting a bike and that if wasn't too far from being ready.

We did talk about options for Rotopaks, specifically the fact most go to a single exhaust can and if the racks would have the options of being ordered knowing we didn't have a can on one side. The word so far is that they will be built as tho the bike was stock. The good news however, with that much space, depending on this reinforcement mentioned, a Rotopaks might be able to fit on the INSIDE of the rack where those of us don't have a can, leaving the other side for luggage. This is a great idea if it bares out because we won't have the extra width if we wanted to carry a Rotopaks with our luggage! :thinking:
  17. johngil Husqvarna
    A Class

Got an e-mail from Berg this morning regarding the Wolfman racks. Should be in production by early November.
    I may be changing my mind on these. Got to checking out the Rolie gear from Wolfman as well. I ordered a medium for now to mount on the seat. Pretty sure I will add the harness and run two small side bags and the medium on top.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  18. CJBROWN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 R1200GS
    Looks good John. Hope they're not yellow and orange. :D

What's the liter capacity of the three?
    The GL Coyote is like 18L, isn't it? That's not much. I think the DBZ Rangers are like 19L before you add a top bag.

My major objection to these softbag setups is that they ride on the side panels. This isn't usually a problem for most bikes, but the 630's are pretty light, barely hang on the bike, and just a little rubber knob stands them off of the exhaust cans. The weight and the heat goes to work on those panels and pretty soon they just melt right on. In that regard I'd be more inclinded to wait for their stand-off hoops to mount their bags on. Should be a good setup.

I'd be anxious to hear/see how they work out for you. I'm pretty sure I'm going to order out the DBZ Ranger bags when I need to haul camping gear. So far that doesn't look like it's gonna happen 'till next year for me. Will have to see what trips get setup. The next couple we're doing to DV I won't need them.

Camping off the bike is a blast though, no doubt.
  19. johngil Husqvarna
    A Class

For camping I will most likely use the Wolfman racks (new) and dry saddlebags I have for my 800.
    For all other duty I want to keep the weight as low as possible. I tend to "be prepared" a little better than some. I'm really enjoying the great handling of the bike and don't want to spoil it or start killing the sub-frame.
    Something's gotta give right now. My flight vest must weigh 40 pounds!
  20. CJBROWN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 R1200GS
    Your photo looks like 2 smalls and a medium. They are 4.5L and 8.5L perspectively. That's not too bad compared to the GL. I see they are not cheap.

My camelbak gets a tube, first aid kit, tool roll, and a crap load of other stuff. Yep, probly 30lbs. I'm usually the only one that has that 'emergency need' when it's required. So I hear ya there.

I'll have the Borrego rack soon with a rotopax and a softbag over it for some gear. At least a jacket and lunch, eh?

Did you call Tom on the windshield? They are supposed to have everything done tomorrow or Thursday.

I did not realize you had a 800GS. Was surprised to see that on the other thread. Man, if I hadn't already bought my Versys I probably would have bought one of those. Or a new tiger 800xc. Glad I didn't. :thumbsup: