Side racks, where to buy?

Discussion in '610/630' started by BobPS, Sep 27, 2013.

1. BobPS Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster 795
    Hi guys,

I want to buy side rack for my Wolfman Monarch Pass saddlebags. I understand that BR Moto used to sell the rack and Wolfman too, but I visited their sites and see that side racks for TE 630 is no longer listed. I sent an email to BR Moto yesterday but just in case they no longer make the rack, where can I buy it from?

I have Kriega tail bag and was going to use them. I tried US10 on the seat, no problem... but when I tried the US20, getting on the bike and also get off the bike, was not easy:D
  2. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    SuperTenere-GL1800-CBR900RR-KLX250S
    I love my TCI Outback rack. Top and side racks are one piece w/ a rear crossover bar and side support bars to the rear footpegs. Whatever you get make sure you add braces to the rear subframe.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  3. badbowie Husqvarna
    AA Class

4. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

This summer I was in contact with BRmoto about making side racks for my 630 that would not have the large gap on the right side for the dual exhaust since I"m running a single.

Was told that they could be made during the winter season when things slowed down. I believe someone on this site has had them fabbed for the single exhaust already.

5. BobPS Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster 795
    Thank you very much guys.
    I'll check TCI and Barretexhaust, and maybe wait for winter... it begins in November? I live in tropical climate so I wouldn't know :D
  6. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR250R, GoldWing, Africa Twin
    Fast1, that was me. Berg custom fabricated the right side rack for my single exhaust 630 and it bolted right on, with a new and shorter rear cross-over, of course. Berg asked how much I wanted the loop moved toward the center, I gave him the measurement, and he did it up right.
  7. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Ken

Do you happen to recall how much you moved the loop toward the center? Maybe I can just have him make the same right rack for me
    that he made for you...

EDIT

Found what you previously provided to Berg----

(Quote)Berg, move it (the hoop) in 2" please. That will put the front tube behind the plastic panel. The tube also makes a slight angle "up" where it attaches to the sub-frame mounting angle, whereas the tube on the left side of the bike appears to attach almost horizontally. Changing the right hand side to be horizontal too would drop the tube below the bottom tip of the plastic panel. I presume that as on the WR250R frame you will bring the front tube in toward the middle of the bike along with the oval bag frame. I guess I'm rambling a bit here, just getting my thoughts on paper.

The limiting factor here is the stock grab loop. Moving in any more than 2" means the frame will contact the handle. It may even at 2", but I'll fix that by adjusting the loop a bit. The Rotopax are 3" and a 2" shift will make a definite difference.(Quote)
  8. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Man, that was some good research Fast1! Yep, that's what we did, and I think it works fine. My 630 is in AZ right now, while I am in TX, so I can't go out and see if there is additional movement possible but I seem to recall that there is, a little bit. You will be safe moving it in 2".
  9. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

If you find a few minutes could you take some photos and post them so that I or others could use them to assist BR Moto in fabbing them up?
  10. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    I will, but I'll have to do it when I get back to Arizona during the last part of this month. I won't see the 630 until then. There are probably some pics of it from one of our rides, but the bags will be on. Let me look around.
  11. BobPS Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster 795
    Kenneth, do you have picture of how the rack is attached to the bike, I mean, the attachment points on the bike? I have a Givi rack that I use on my Monster and want to see if it's possible to modify the rack to fit the 630. Thanks in advance.
  12. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    I don't have a good pic of that, but I can tell you that the rack bolts to the frame at the grab handles, and the forward strut goes to the rear footpeg connector that looks like a 'U' fitting on the sub-frame with two square lugs on the side. It is pretty standard Wolfman connection.

Don't think about mounting anything on the rear sub-frame without strengthening it! There is a lot of info here on the rear sub-frame issue, and Pay Attention To It! This is the one real issue with the 630, and if you ride on rough terrain with any load on the back of the bike, it WILL BREAK. There are a couple of fixes, with the bolt-on plates being the easiest. I went the welding route and it was relatively easy but time consuming and "messy". You would need an expert aluminum welder to go that way though. Good luck. The 630 is a fantastic machine!
  13. BobPS Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster 795
    Thanks very much Kenneth. I haven't reinforced the sub-frame yet. I plan to go to a hardware store tomorrow and look for some alumunium plate.
  14. darnold87 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 SM610 Adventure
    A friend and I bought BR Moto loops and tubing though BMP in Salem, OR and made our own mounts on our 610's... Here are a few pics of my SM610 with the setup: (one Wolfman and one Kolpin fuel can)
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    omgshesaboy and Kenneth Webb like this.
  15. BobPS Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster 795
    Thanks for the picture darnold87.
  16. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Bringing up an old topic about the right side Wolfman rack and moving it in 2" to eliminate the gap if running a single exhaust can.

I found these photos of the standard position of the rack.

What I'm trying to understand is how the lower mount and oval will clear the white side panel if moved in? Maybe I'm just over complicating the issue and BR moto would not have any problem doing it..

Ken
    Is there anyway you might have some time to photo your right side rack so that we can have BR moto duplicate it?

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  17. darnold87 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 SM610 Adventure
    When we built the BR Moto racks on our 610's, we considered mounting the non-exhaust side rack in-bound but it just looked funny to us from behind. So we kept them symetrical and found that the space behind the non-exhaust side can be used to store stuff. We usually mount a tri-pod type camp seat / chair. But you could put lots of different things there...

[IMG]

[IMG]
  18. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I was thinking that if I could move the non exhaust side in a few inches I'd carry a fuel pack under a saddle bag on that side and then the overall width would be similar on both sides.
  19. darnold87 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 SM610 Adventure
    That would work as well. :) I use a Kolpin as the price was half of the Rotopax (and the Kolpin thickness is similar to the Wolfman bag I run so the symetry is there)... but if you're gonna stack like that, the Rotopax is thinner so that's probably a better call.
  20. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    I am a little tardy, but tomorrow I will get a few pics of my asymmetrical 630 racks and post them.