1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Worldwide Speedo Failure Register

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by icebergstu, May 21, 2012.

1. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    if anyone wants to go the oem speedo route again I have a brand new one they can have cheap(I like beer!), ill never use it!
  2. Shawntrain Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE511
    I should've mentioned that with the little Garmin edge 500 you can program laps for + or - time, lap distance, customize the screen display, real time speed & average speed, etc. all that in a little 2" x 1.5" computer...
    That got me thinking this might be a cool little computer for a time card enduro or a lapped HS.
    Then I was thinking some more... Garmin use ANT for things like cadence & heart rate to wirelessly transmit that info to the display unit... How about a unit to transmit engine RPM wirelessly? (How's that for a $1000 idea)
    I guess then you'd need a solar powered USB charger?
    Maybe I've just given myself a headache from all that thinking:-)
  3. Sheller Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Busted SV650
    So, stopped to get gas with 1600 miles on my 2014 TE310R and reset my trip meter. Now it wont register speed. Need to do some more tests. Dont have a chance at this very moment.

EDIT- Simply lost the magnet off the rotor. Now to find one of the correct size!
  4. J-train Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 TE 510
    Other Motorcycles:
    06 ZX-10R, 04 ZX-10R, 12 SVT Raptor
    I give, mine after the last rain storm, it goes bonkers after 5 minutes of use. Disconnect it, and hook it back up, works for 5 minutes. I am ordering a Voyager, found on e-bay for 251$ shipped, cheapest I have found
  5. Radar Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE449
    I have solved the trip meter reset problem on my 2012 TE-449. Every time the starter would stall causing the 12 volt supply to drop below the reset point the trip meter would reset to zero

The first thing I did was increase the battery and starter wires to 8 gage ( both supply and ground) and installed a lithium battery. This helped but was not the fix, the starter didn't stall as often.

Now I have installed a diode in the 12 volt supply to the dash unit. The diode allows the 12 volts to inter the meter but prevents it from back feeding when the input goes low. Also I installed a 100 MFD capacitor on the meter side of the diode to the ground wire This capacitor charges up and supplies the power to the meter when the battery supply goes low. This has completely eliminated the reset problem. I installed these components in the pigtail that goes into the dash unit and covered then in hear shrink and tape. The diode goes inline of the "12 volts from battery" lead, pin one (1) on my dash unit. the ground is on pin two (2) of the unit.

Also I have replaced the lithium battery with a fresh lead acid battery and the starter has not stalled since. Or should I say yet.

6. Radar Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE449
    OOPS! I spoke too soon. My fix is not 100%. After weeks of testing everyday I had an inadvertent reset today.

It needs more work. Maybe a larger capacitor. I'll let you know.
  7. Kevin1 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 te 250
    These bikes are rolling junk , I just can't get over the constant issues with them
  8. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
  9. Boogie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Red head
    I'll do you a favour and give you 500 for your POS
  10. Kevin1 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 te 250
    Your a very funny guy . I didn't say I would sell the POS for 500 did I ? . But when I buy a new 2011 Husky , I would expect very few problems . This is not a Chinese replica . This is not the case with the Italian Husqvarna models . It seems these bikes are plagued by mechanical problems as per the constant postings on this forum ? My comment was in regards to the issues with the motorcycles and the lack of reliability . Forum title " Worldwide speedo failure register " says it all .
  11. Borgschulze Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    2004 Yamaha WR450
    Sounds like you have never visited any other motorcycle forum before.

No news is good news as far as customer satisfaction goes... not too many people are going to start a thread saying "Hey, my bike hasn't broken down, it does what I expect it to do"
  12. Kevin1 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 te 250
    Many forums discuss pros and cons of a brand & model of motorcycle . Yet I have to read very many pros about my Husky te 250 . Mostly the issues with common mechanical problems , fuel level indication , fuel injection pumps that don't last , cam bearings by inferior manufacturers , starter issues and of course the electrial malfunction of the instruments , mostly on low hour motorcycles . The value of these Italian Husqvarnas are taking a pounding since the KTM acquisition . Its a shame to have the Husqvarna name on these bikes , just as it was to put the " Indian " brand name on the Clymer bikes built by Italjet . I find it strange that the problems which plague this brand have not been adressed by the manufacturer and seem to be ongoing .
  13. Boogie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Red head
    I'm interested to know the issues you've had with your bike?
  14. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I never expected ancillary equipment on a sports bike to be all that reliable (as it´s more of an `afterthought´). I certainly didn´t buy the bike for the quality of its speedo, lights or rear view mirrors, so this is not a quibble. Anything to do with lack of performance would make me much unhappier. So all I want to know is if there´s a `plug´n play´ alternative instrument on the market. I´m not much good at electrickery, so it´ll have to be simple.
  15. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    trailtech endurance 2 very nearly plug n play. I use em, good things
  16. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Thanks, shawbagga. How nearly? I´ve been at the cable mess on my 630 and it put me in shock.
  17. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    just gotta hook up red wire to power & black to earth-I did it so its ez:thumbsup: . pick up cable & mount holes are a direct fit(on my 125 & 300 anyway, double check with the 630 but think theyd be the same)
  18. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Thanks sh! So now I´ll take a closer look at the trailtech
  19. J-train Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 TE 510
    Other Motorcycles:
    06 ZX-10R, 04 ZX-10R, 12 SVT Raptor
    Loving my TT Voyager, won't look back to the piece of junk stock clocks
  20. RacerAV Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '13 Honda Ruckus, many others before
    was the guy yelling at you for making too much noise? haha...