1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Worldwide Speedo Failure Register

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by icebergstu, May 21, 2012.

1. Mik-3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husvarna SM510R 2010
    Now my revs numbers work fine, but in there any one asembly this in your Husky Koso Rx2N+, I think just for the think:busted:
  2. nathanTE449 Husqvarna
    A Class

TE449 2011. Typical, trip meter & clock resets itself if the engine has a compression lock up when starting. Also, the speedo & trip meter read slow. Annoying :banghead:
  3. Robin93 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    sm510r 06
    Other Motorcycles:
    kawasaki zx6r 04
    my background light dosn't work. så in the dark i have no ide how fast am going :/
    J-train likes this.
  4. kenny310 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TWO TE 310 s
    Other Motorcycles:
    honda cb500/ WR 450
    my 2012 TE 310 only 1600km old started resetting itself on my last ride,today while doing maintenance noticed nothing on screen and a yellow light staying on all the time even after bike is off and key removed
    bike is still under warranty so will contact dealer tomorrow
  5. Rogercopythat Get R done! Yip Yah!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450 2010
    Other Motorcycles:
    2 stroke Satria
    This is my new digital display. Plug and play. :)
    I remember reading somewhere theres a difference between dirt bike and super moto.
    Something about entering a correct code for larger front wheel at first plug in power on.
    Q; is it the correct one for my te450 2010? 20130712_201615.jpg 20130712_201718.jpg 20130712_201551.jpg
  6. kenny310 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TWO TE 310 s
    Other Motorcycles:
    honda cb500/ WR 450
    i contacted my dealer and told him about the problems with my speedo
    next day he rings me tells me they will have a replacement for me under warranty
    they didn't want to see the bike just took what i was telling them and got straight onto it
    first class motorcycles thank you
    husqvarna lift your game , this many people should not be having the same problem
  7. jobe0505 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te449 & cr50
    Other Motorcycles:
    pee wee
    My 449 TE speedo stopped working at 1300km. They replaced it withouit question. The new one has a fault with the trip meter. Most of the time it zero's itself half way through a ride, but I dont worry about it as I have a trail Tech Voyager.
    Jase
  8. little_twin Husqvarna
    A Class

On my last ride the fuel light started flashing at me. I pulled over thinking to myself "great it's going to do this now too?" On top of the trip resets and occasional "fail". I looked at the sub tank quickly and realized I was almost out of gas. In this instance the dash actually worked, and sadly I was surprised.
  9. Curado Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 te 310
    Fuel light on my TE310 comes on when connector is wet.

Otherwise, no problems with the trip meter yet after being parked outside during a torrential downpour or riding in dusty conditions. 1000 miles on the bike.
  10. crux Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR 450
    My speedo doest show at all, i go based on my rpms. thats the only thing that works on my bike.
  11. marty75 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE300
    2009 TE310, speedo got water in it and died at 2400kms
  12. 05drz400 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2010 VStrom 650A
    I have a 2012 TE449, sometimes something goes wrong when I try to start it, it's like the starter stalls but I think it may be the computer cuts ignition which then makes it difficult to start again (I have noticed pressing the kill switch usually fixes this) Everything is then reset on the speedo except the ODO.
  13. Borgschulze Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    2004 Yamaha WR450
    15,000 KM on my TE610.

Today the Speedo started going crazy above 5,000 RPM.

So I stopped, fiddled with the wires coming out, just pushed them in, to make sure it was tight... no more issues now.

When I say going crazy, I mean, the red light would come on, other lights flashing... RPM jumping around 0-20,000... screen going blank.
  14. M3mphis Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TE 250
    Can't get my speedo on to miles ('09 TE250). I've followed the procedure to switch from km's to miles dozens of times. Does nothing. Could a weak battery cause this??
  15. kenny310 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TWO TE 310 s
    Other Motorcycles:
    honda cb500/ WR 450
    just move to a country that works on km's
    shawbagga likes this.
  16. Moesgaard Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310 2011
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawi kx250f '12, Montesa 4rt '05
    my te310 '11 reads 1,5km on tripmeter, but the gps say only 1,0km. 50% off not bad.... neutral and high beam indicator turns on and off at will. looses overall runing time, from time to time. other than that it's a peach :love:
  17. Shawntrain Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE511
    I've experienced the same resetting problem with my speedo - resets when the starter has to be pressed a couple of times.
    I will probably upgrade the battery and wires when I have time, until then I've been using my Garmin Edge 500. It works great off road, no wires, downloadable, maps, laps, elevations, small, easy on/off, accurate, etc. perhaps a good alternative to an aftermarket hard wired speedo.
    Just don't leave it unattended on your bike :-)
  18. J-train Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 TE 510
    Other Motorcycles:
    06 ZX-10R, 04 ZX-10R, 12 SVT Raptor
    Well damn, I noticed I lost backlight on mine now. I am one step closer to just ditching the stock clocks for a TT Voyager, Who has one?
  19. Shawntrain Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE511
  20. J-train Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 TE 510
    Other Motorcycles:
    06 ZX-10R, 04 ZX-10R, 12 SVT Raptor