1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Worldwide Speedo Failure Register

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by icebergstu, May 21, 2012.

1. Mik-3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husvarna SM510R 2010
    Lets see this summer are my rev meter working
  2. Nmhinton Husqvarna
    AA Class

A few rides in the wet an mine is completely dead. 2008 TE250. Anyone have a working one they don't want???
  3. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Wish I could re-set the new instrument to the total mileage. Any ideas?
  4. bud7041 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te250
    Wet for a ride today and my speedo is not working got a rev-taco that's all it is a 2011 te250 would probably had 1300km on it. What a bugger. Hope get fixed under warranty.
  5. bud7041 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te250
    Well I am in luck it was not the Speedo it just the magnet in the disc for the reader. Found magnet slipped it in. And gess what it is in backter frount and reads 299kph riding in town. What a klutz I am.lol.
  6. marshwater Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '12 TE449 (sold) '13 WB165
    my speedometer always said fail, but now it's crushed little pieces. what's a good replacement?
  7. CD1 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    None
    I posted earlier on here about my speedo but the trip just resets periodically, and the hour meter doesn't work. I have been told the hour meter only works when in race mode which is fine, but I still don't think my trip meter should reset. My dealer (who is a new Husky dealer) told me their rep told them that the trip resets because it is just for Enduro racing. My reply was I have raced an enduro race once and that makes no sense. I am planning to do another one that is 100 miles long, and the trip resets when it feels like it and it is always less than 30 or 40 miles. Do you guys think my dealer is correct?
  8. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Sport Classic / Ducati Multi.
    CD1... The trip meter, just after the clock, should not reset until you reset it. I reset mine every time I refuel. Maybe the rep is referring to the second odometer which shows after the hour meter. Maybe both become active when a race map is activated. On my bike neither of those items function as stock.
  9. CD1 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    None
    Thanks John for the input. This one works it just resets. The hour meter doesn't work and I think that is normal because it is not in race mode. I don't have my bike here but I think it says map II.
  10. Radar Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE449
    My trip meter would reset occasionally. I learned that it would reset whenever the starter would stall. That caused the battery voltage to go low. I fixed mine by changing to a Shorai battery and upgrading the battery cables and starter cable to 8 gage wire.

11. CD1 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    None
    Thanks for the tip. I bet that is my problem too.
  12. nicjo Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te310 2010
    Other Motorcycles:
    RSV4r
    yes here same problem speedo misted up !!! crap quality.. have to cover new speedo up when i wash the bike!!! Helllllo wots that all about!!!
  13. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    As far as I know, the instruments have been less than ideal for a long time now. At least my 2006 TE250's instruments seem less than bullet proof, and I do cover them when washing the bike. The instruments seem like an after thought, put instruments on a offroad bike to meet local requirements for roads, which personally I am actually glad of, so the cost is kept lower.

Trail Tech would be what I would be looking at if I were interested in a more robust set of instruments.
  14. Picklito Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    430, 430, 430, ,400, 175
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM250xc, KTM500mx, KTM440exc
    I do have a Trail Tech on another bike and it works great, so I think the one on my WR is about the hit the circular file. But seriously, with the state of electronics and SMT boards these days, it can only cost a buck or two to make that Husky unit... and it should be bulletproof. I really like the way it looks and would prefer to keep it. But... it doesn't freakin' work!
  15. Rogercopythat Get R done! Yip Yah!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450 2010
    Other Motorcycles:
    2 stroke Satria
    Te 450 2010
    Water in the display when raining, jumbled digits, stuck at 3000km somthing.
    Is these trail techs realy plug and play?
  16. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    yup mine was, 5 min job! not sure on the 4Ts but i reckon itd be a pretty safe bet its the same oem speedo/plug/pick up as they run the same front disc rotor
  17. jwhuls Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TXC 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2004 DRZ 400
    Do not buy a Trail Tech Vapor. They are junk and not at all water resistant.
    I would say the Voyager is good, but it has been messing up this past week or so.
  18. mario coelho Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 450 2006
    Other Motorcycles:
    Vespa , suzuki Rm
    Hi there, the speedometer of my 2006 te 450 had a problem due to the electric current, can anyone tell me where to get a diagram of the speedometer so i can fix it????
  19. Juvkam78 Husqvarna
    AA Class

First Husky : 2007 SMR 510 Speedo failed at abaout 6k km (blinking lights and bad pixling) Got a new one under warranty (y)
    Next bike : 2009 SMR 510 Speedo fails/gets wet at 4500 km fails/ Again new one under warranty (y)
    Manages to set the speedo for 21" wheel, had to buy the last one :p
  20. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Unless it´s plug and play, there´s no real alternative. Looks like you´ve got to be a neuro scientist to work out how to make and fit a new plug.