1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Worldwide Speedo Failure Register

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by icebergstu, May 21, 2012.

1. icebergstu Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300/TE610e
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR360 CT110 XR100
    Have you or anyone you know had your speedo fail and had it replaced under warranty.

What were the issues?

My speedo jumped over 1000klm between 1 ride and the next.

The importer states it was tested and is fine!

Please post any speedo issues you have ever had with your past and current bikes.

Cheers

Stu

(mods: please make this sticky)
  2. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    The gauge on my 630 had condensation in it from day one. Over time, with some rain rides, it got progressively worse, until something shorted out and it ceased to function. Replaced under warranty and haven't had a problem since, although my odometer/hour meter got reset. I track the actual miles/hours in a spreadsheet.
  3. HUSKYnXJnWI Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09TE450
    March 2009: purchased 09TE450. Speedo worked great until.....
    June 2009: road 4 consecutive days in the rain all day. Day 4 resulted in random light show from Speedo- Day 5- took appart and fround about an ounce of water in the case of the speedo- air dried. Still did not work. Called Dealership: was told the cost of new one.
    September 2009: purchased Trailtech Vecor with optional remote switch-
    05/22/12 (present day) same Trailtech Vecor works flawlessly rain or shine in all conditions.
    :thinking: bonus features: I don't know if my fuel light stopped working or not and I don't get any "failures":D
  4. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    Random light show, I like that. That's a better description of what happened to mine. Here's a video:

Watch the RPMs jump all over the place; the bike is idling.
  5. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Only weird thing I've experienced is my trip meter re-setting itself and the clock never really stays on time. 2011 TE449
  6. icebergstu Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300/TE610e
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR360 CT110 XR100
  7. makis Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1974 250 CR Mag
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha T7
    My 2011 TE511 trip meter resets itself. I took a quick look at the wiring, but couldn't find anything loose.
  8. djdougiedoug Husqvarna
    A Class

my smr511 has a habit when it fails to start first time (usually 2nd or 3rd ) of resetting everything except the odo
  9. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

630SM. Must have damaged the transparent surface when I came off once or twice (or even more). Condensation and the innards rotted. Jtemple helped me out with a replacement.
  10. Tessier Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 990 Adventure
    2011 TE 310 speedo does not register speed or mileage. Replaced cable but no change. Something in the computer must be dead. I have given up trying to deal with the dealer and husky in general. I purchased a used trail tech voyager off a friend who didn't need it and could use the money. So it was a win win unfortunately it's yet another loose loose for trying to get a dealer to work with me on husky warranty.
  11. underwatersimon Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 Beta 350rr
    Trip meter is useless. Seems to randomly reset itself. PITA when trying to map out an enduro route.
  12. Aaron8 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Tessier, my 310's speedo pickup magnet popped out of its "hole" in the brake disc. Found it stuck to the disc, glued it back in, and all is well. Could that be the issue w/yours?
  13. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    Same thing happened to my 630. A little gorilla glue and it's back in place.
  14. joelyjoel300 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Wr300 2011
    Yeah on my wr300 2011 the speedo also jumped from 350ks to 1000 even then jumped after a couple of rides to 2000 even. Can be fixed under warranty but the dealer needs the bike for a few days. PITA
  15. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Yeah, ok, for now.

I've got a couple of ideas for organizing forum soon though.
  16. 310huskyTE Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE 350, 2011 Meo.
    Other Motorcycles:
    67 CR250, 71 400 Cross, 78 CR250
    I had the speedo replaced under warranty on my 2009 TE310, apparently i wasn't supposed to get it wet!! a little hard to avoid water on a dirt bike :banghead::banghead:
    On my 2011 TE310 the clock couldn't keep the correct time, that bikes now gone.
    My 2012 TE310 the trip meter randomly resets itself during rides, so does the speedo on my 2011 TE449 and the magnet on the 449 also comes out and gets stuck on the brake rotor but thats easily fixed.
    I think it's time Husky went to a different brand of speedo.
  17. Mik-3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husvarna SM510R 2010
    I have a 2010 model sm510r rpm count problems, I have not had the time to look into the matter. Readings wander normal at 14 000rpm
  18. Salixair Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE510
    On my 2010 TE510, the computer has been ok to date (knock on wood), but about 5 months after I got it, the wires broke twice between the pickup, and the computer, and I lost 500-800 km (310-500 miles). I've ridden it from -35°C to +35°C (-31°F to 95°F) in rain and shine without a hiccup (on the computer that is, not so fortunate on the rest of the bike).
  19. ales Husqvarna
    AA Class

Speedometer resetting on my TE310 2011 when trying to start the engine. Does not happen often, but once or twice on 2hour trip.
    All parameters, excpet ODO and total time are resetted.
    regards,
  20. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    Sounds like it's losing power.