1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Worldwide Speedo Failure Register

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by icebergstu, May 21, 2012.

1. Radar Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE449
    I am having the same problem with my 2012 TE449. The trip meter resets to zero. It happens while starting when the starter stalls and the battery voltage goes low. I wonder what else in the ECU resets.

I have upgraded the battery leads to 8 gage wire and shortened the ground lead to the nearest sub frame bolt. The bike starts easier now and so far no stalls or resets. I have also ordered a lithium battery. When I get the new battery installed and have some time on it I will report my results.
  2. borka Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2005 SV650
    My speedo didnt fail, but i did catch the speedo sensor wire on one of the spokes, and ripped the whole cable right out from the bike and wound it around the wheel :banghead:

and this happened on the VERY first ride i took on the bike, the little clip that holds the speedo wire to the brake hose caught one of the spokes....

already ordered a new speedo cable.
  3. 2wheels Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    zx6r
    my 2004 te450 doesn't work at all.
  4. sttxe310 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Mine failed on my 2010 txe 310 after only 160 odd kays. Washing seemed to be the cause but fortunately was replaced under warranty are some 6 weeks wait. Apparently the guys here at PFG had to go back to Italy for authorisation but the eventually got it through. Clearly a bad batch of speedos.
  5. DrRobotenstein Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 SMR511
    The trip meter and clock on my SMR511 also used to reset when the bike failed to start on the first try.
    One of the many warranty issues I've had with this bike was the stator coil failed. Since the stator was replaced the computer no longer resets when the bike fails to start. Not sure if it was directly related to the stator or not. But as far as I know the mechanic didn't replace or change anything else.
  6. Mick Husqvarna
    AA Class

2007 TE510

My speedo was giving me a light show when I first bought it - neutral light on when in gear, hi beam light on all the time, no backlight. Dealer I bought it off offered no assistance and said it wasn't repairable. When I whinged a bit more they gave me a trailtech. Took it home, contact cleaner & it seemed to work.

Until today. Had a hard strap and when we stopped to open a gate it shut off fine, then the elec start wouldn't work. Gave it boot with the kicker and when running the screen was filled with a random assortment of numbers flickering on & off. I tried everything from ignoring it, to trying to forget about it, riding it & then drinking beer. Suggestions? Will have a play tomorrow and see what I can come up with. I didn't think the start button would have anything to do with the dash though. Could be a coincidence they went at EXACTLY the same time.

I don't care about not having a dash, but not having elec start is a huge inconvenience for us lazy people.
  7. venturini Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '15 TC 250 '13 CR 150 '11 TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 KTM 250 XC
    2011 TE 310. The hour meter has bee stuck at 99.5 hours for 15 or so hours. Everything else is fine.
  8. Huskyrider577 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE511
    Other Motorcycles:
    KX250 2S , Suzuki Hayabusa
    TE511 2011, Trip meter resets or i must be really unfit and got myself spiked with LSD as I was out all day, totally fu*** and i'd only done 1.6 miles.
  9. Mac Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE449
    Same same. 2011 TE449 trip meter resets when bike does not start on the first button hit. Going to try battery / earth upgrade as other members have mentioned.
  10. Picklito Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    430, 430, 430, ,400, 175
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM250xc, KTM500mx, KTM440exc
    2012 WR 144. Speedo resets the trip meter and clock almost every time you shut the bike off. Have changed internal battery 3 times hoping that's the problem but apparently it's not. Even the odo doesn't consistently hold the miles. I've passed 196mi 3 times now!
  11. R-Man Husqvarna
    B Class

2007 TE250. Started with odometer & hour meter not advancing. Trip 2 odometer was the last thing functioning and now it has gone gunnysack as well. Sounds like the best cure is an aftermarket replacement - something like this: http://trailtech.net/motorcycle_vapor_kits.html
  12. Husky Doctor Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE510 '09 TC250 '04 TC450SM '06
    Other Motorcycles:
    ZX9R
    Had many probs with 2008 250wr speedo. After three replacments i gave up
    2009 TE510, smaller type. 140 hours not a drama at all
  13. Hare Scrambler Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 TE 450
    New owner of a 2009 TE 450. The odometer jumps around by a few thousand miles at a time. Read 3007 miles when I picked up the bike from seller and after just a couple rides now reads 6000+. Jumped all the way up to over 8000mi one day. Has dropped back down to 3000 something a couple times but seems to be staying at above 6000mi for the most part now. Seller told me it was a known issue and that I should change to a Trail Tech.
  14. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Welcome. :cheers:

Trail tech, or someone else's product (bicycle speedometer?), would be what I would do. The oem displays on the bikes were not really that good.
  15. Hare Scrambler Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 TE 450
    Thanks Coffee! Appreciate the Welcome. Probably will save up and get the Trail Tech.
  16. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Sport Classic / Ducati Multi.
    My '13 TE 310 has an issue that's being looked at. Speedo, clock and trip are OK as is the lap timer but hour meter and 2nd odometer are non functioning.
  17. Mik-3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husvarna SM510R 2010
  18. CD1 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    None
    kevinsterner likes this.
  19. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Sport Classic / Ducati Multi.
    Just got my bike back from the dealer and had asked about my hour meter not functioning on my '13 310. Turns out it is working when the race map is in use and it also resets upon shutdown. Figured it might be something like that (disabled in stock mode).
  20. CD1 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    None
    T
    That makes sense. Thanks