Welcome to the forum! Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by Coffee, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Welcome everyone!

And PLEASE heal up if you are hurt!

Joe - I can do what I can on this site if you want for your gathering report - but I'm just now figuring out where all the buttons are...
  2. Dano540 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE 450 & 2008 TXC 510
    Other Motorcycles:
    2003 Yamaha FZ1
    I'm Dan and I live in Southern California. I have five bikes in my garage and my 06 TE 450 is by far my favorite. I don't get much time to ride or post lately because of school, but I have a TXC 510 in my sights as soon as I can figure out how to buy it.

Kudos Dean on a nice site with a perfect name.
  3. chris252 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM510
    Glad to get in on the ground level!

Hi everyone. I'm from upstate NY and Im going to sell my new VW GTI because I just don't drive it anymore now that I got the SMR510 :D. Have to where my snowmobile gear in the winter I guess!!

Its good to see a Husqvarna specific site. I really think Husky's are going to come back in a big way in the USA, especially when BMW gets there ducks in a row.

Congrats Coffee!!
  4. MattR 2T Forum Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ1
    Hi Coffee,

I just seen the link from TT and signed up. Wish you the best of luck with this new site. I noticed Oregon Rider (Jeff) mentioned the layout of GasGas Rider's Club. I'm a moderator over there and agree that the general layout has helped keep things organized and invite good discussions.

Here is a good reference for layouts.
    http://www.gasgasrider.org/
    Then, click on the forums.
  5. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Welcome everyone - even Dano!

I've been looking at it! Jeff offered to help and I may take him up on that offer but I'm having a lot of fun learning the software at the moment.
  6. Michael Lueders Husqvarna
    A Class

Grant Parsons?
  7. gem Husqvarna
    A Class

Nope, not me.

Sorry, I've got issues with putting too much info on the web for public view:(

Send me a pm if you want.
  8. F1ED Husqvarna
    AA Class

F1ed -
    2004 tc450
  9. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Welcome F1ED!
  10. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Mark - I live in Beaverton Oregon and ride a 06 WR125 and had a 02 WR250 before.

I had to go by "NwetRider" on thumpertak (even though it is kind of a dumb name) since NWRider was taken. At least I got in early here so I could pick the name I wanted.

I hope this site takes off.
  11. After riding asphalt for three decades I attended the first Laguna Seca MotoGP. Soon thereafter I found myself on a friend's Mille R in 15MPH northern CA switchbacks. A strange looking Austrian bike was bringing up the rear and giving up nothing other than top end. What.Is.That.Thing.??? More importantly, how can that filthy pig with like 27 different bags attached keep up with the line of sorted Italian twins up front??? He told us more about the KTM 950 later over malted beverages, I found his several weeks of off-road camera pix intoxicating.

My dirt biking experience at this juncture consisted of two borrowed rides separated by 20 years. The first was on a Yamaha 360. I showed up that Sunday morning and found myself amongst storm troopers outfitted to the nines. Ruh-oh! :eek: The five of us headed out, my bud who lent me the cobwebbed 360 leading on his new Yam 400. Soon enuf we were all side by side looking straight up. I remember thinking, "There's no f'in way a motorcycle can go up that hill". My bud promptly went right over the top ... WOW! Riders 2, 3 and 4 came up short. All eÿes were now cast on the nOOb ... with ten fingerprints indeliby left on the bars the nOOb went over the top! BIG.mental.wood.!!! :D

A similar hill was on the menu later. Riders 1, 2, 3 and 4 went right over. Deep breath and off. This nOOb got close to the top before looping the bike. I was laying flat on my back still holding the inverted and idling bike by its bars. My bud was screaming, "TURNIT:mad:FF", the other three were simply all molars. :D:D:D They annoited me, "360". :o

A ride on a DRZ400 came much later. I was totally exhausted at the end of that day but had stayed on the bike, nothing memorable otherwise.

Several days after Laguna I was vacationing with the family in Colorado. We rented quads and ran the Alpine Loop out of St. Elmo. Late in the day I marveled at a KTM125 rolling past us through the boulder fields. I never imagined I'd be rolling through the same boulder fields the next summer on a filthy pig KTM 950 with my own assortment of like 27 different bags on the way to the Arctic Circle.

The following winter I agreed to do the TAT with two friends. A TE510 arrived soon thereafter to begin the transformation into a flyweight D/S. Little did I know the adventure that lay ahead on such a capable bike.

I hope to run my first enduro soon and am looking forward to meeting some Husky folks at Joe's NE Gathering gig ...

lou
  12. gandalf Husqvarna
    AA Class

^^^^ Nice intro ^^^^ Welcome and looking forward to more stories.
  13. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I'm really really glad you could make it Norm! I value your opinions highly!
  14. SightedN2 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Ok I will be known as the rider formerly known as 02CR at TT and H****talk.....I have had a Orange koolaid addiction for many years, don't think I can ever kick it for good but I can certainley see another great bike, my old reliable CR will be with me forever, but I need a TE510 to go with it, my 300 and 525 are both for sale......I look foward to a all Husky all the time site that people will use......hope I can throw in something worth while from time to time.....
  15. Wetdog Husqvarna
    AA Class

Kurt here, I'll try to stay on track and not bastardize the threads too much.

I live near Vancouver BC, ride a few of the local trails but prefer to weekend it in the interior of BC where the trails are pure heaven. I have always said "stupid hurts" and 7 weeks ago I was a little stupid and haven't riden since. I took a nasty 40 mph spill and seperated my ac to the 3rd degree and torn a few more ligaments in my shoulder. I plan on testing my hard work I've done in physio this weekend but have a feeling more than a couple of ibuprofen will be needed.

FYI, you should take my posts with a grain of salt for I use the internet to lighten up after/while dealing with life's curve balls. Significant comments rarely apply.
  16. surfer1100 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR250, Memories of past tiddlers.
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM-01 EN 125, 03 125 MX, 09 EN 155
    Adam here, Naples/Boca Raton FL (I hate it here:D)
    a euro tiddler fiend, but especially love my 07 wr 125.

Plan to start racing this year, and when I finish my Civil Eng. Degree, I'm hi-tailing it to the mountains.
  17. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    About 20 miles south of you, believe we met at Hollister Hills a while back and rode together one day with Joe & his cousin, they have Yamahas.
  18. Joliet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Howdy from San Diego North County

My name is Ken Boyd and I currently ride an 08 TE510. I got back into riding with the help of these folks. http://www.dualsport-sd.com/

Just installed a 7" HID to try out on a couple of night rides. Look forward to meeting and riding with some of you.:) Ken
  19. You could have ridden your kids bike on Fordyce Nancy.

Sharpie1 here, AKA Sharp, Sharpie or Tim. I'm impressed how quick this seems to be taking off. Congrats Coffee.
  20. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Welcome everyone :)

I'm sure we met at Holister, maybe you were leaving when I showed up about 2pm - maybe a year ago? In any event I'm sure we will meet again.

Welcome - glad you could make it!