Welcome to the forum! Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by Coffee, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Larry Ballew Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1980 390CR
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki KDX220r, 1970 Honda SL 175.
    Hi All. I recently picked up a 1980 390 auto. This place has been an incredible source of information. My plan is to do a complete restore on this machine. I will be starting this project very soon. I am very fortunate to have found a complete machine that has been stored away for the last 18 years. Mostly cosmetic work is needed and hope to share pictures very soon. Thanks to all who contribute the information found on this site.
  2. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    Welcome, Larry! Good luck with your project! :thumbsup:
  3. onevette80 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 300xcw, 2009 yz85, 2011 yzfx110
    I just picked up a "13 cr125(144) basket case off marketplace. I plan to use it as a back up bike and eventually move my daughter up to it(She's on a yz85 now).
    Cylinder was trashed so it's currently at powerseal getting re-plated. Where can i find more info on these 165 kits i keep seeing mentioned?
    I should mention, this is my first husky.
  4. Harbinger Hróðvitnir

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Nuda 900 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Buell
    Hello guys and gals. i'm back after a long time not owning a husky. Just bought back my old 2004 WR250.
    Huskynoobee and Dirtdame like this.
  5. Hwy Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '86 510TX / '90 250WXE / '87 510TE
    Other Motorcycles:
    '04 KTM 525MXC / '91 KTM 300DXC
    Hey All. I'm back too after long time off. Still have my 86 Husky 510TX that I rebuilt and documented here 14 years ago. Wow, it's been that long?
    Kim and Dirtdame like this.
  6. PatrickW Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250 -87
    Hello.
    I joined a while ago, and just some days later the forum crashed.
    However, i´m from Sweden and are 'restoring' a -87 WR250
    As i want to still be able to bash it around in the woods without crying about a scratch, i decided to do a sort of 'retromod'.
    Carefully updating some things to newer standards without loosing the soul.
    And as i also am a tuner i´d thought i take on an Husqvarna in my own kind of way.
    So setup is going to be -87 stroke in an -86 cylinder(modified and ported ofcourse) Schlechten(spelling?) pipe and bigger carb(keihin pwm 38, bored out to 40mm)
    The new engine will use a maico 490 rod in a modified 87 crank,(2mm longer rod) it will end up in closely to 290cc depending on the bore i choose.

Here´s a couple of clips when modding the cylinder, i´m resleeving it to a larger outerdiam on the sleeve to accept larger bore.
    I will upload from time to time the progress of the engine, so subscribe to my youtube so you don´t miss out =)

flyingbob likes this.