Welcome to the forum! Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by Coffee, Jul 24, 2008.

1. 06ltd Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TXC310
    Other Motorcycles:
    380EXC, 1150GS, GS500, XR100, NSR250
    Thanks! It practically is, only 6 hours on it. Shop replaced the fuel pump and battery, looks like the PO added the headlight and taillight as well. Hoping to get out this weekend and see how she goes. I’ve never owned a 4T trail bike before so this should be an interesting change.
  2. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    Congrats on the new bike, 06ltd! :applause:

And welcome to CafeHusky!

WoodsChick
    oldbikedude and 06ltd like this.
  3. tdurr1994 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna WXE 250
    Hey! I just joined this site to hopefully gain some knowledge on a 1995 250 I just got from my uncle. It needs a top end and it seems like most parts are scarce on these bikes. I joined to hopefully gain knowledge on my rebuild and maybe track my process through posts!
    Motorcycle Ron and WoodsChick like this.
  4. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    Welcome, tdurr! I think you've come to the right place :)
  5. Rafz Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 STRADA
    Other Motorcycles:
    yamaha scooter, benelli mopeds
    Hello from Italy I just bought a almost new TR650 Strada. I have previously owned several mopeds, a Piaggio vespa 125, a Yamaha TDR125, a Ducati monster 600, a Ducati SS900, an Aprilia RSV1000R, a Honda CRF250L and now i'm gonna have some fun with this Husky.. (i hope :rolleyes: )

I've already read a thousand pages of the forum about the various issues and mods.. i wish to thank everyone that has contributed for the precious information found here.

tr650_1.jpeg
    mag00 and WoodsChick like this.
  6. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    Looks real cool Rafz. Welcome to the forum
  7. Chewbacca Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    highly modified 1991 DR350 - 45hp
    Good morning all.
    Ive just joined this site.
    Names Tim im from Mandurah Western Australia and Ive recently bought a 2013 WR300.
    Ive had a few bikes over the years, my main bike is a 1991 Suzuki DR440 (bigbore DR350) that ive built from frame up. Its a beast that i can ride tight single track all day on. (Yeah i know its a bit heavy but with all the work ive done to it you honestly cant tell when your riding it) Ive wanted a 300 2 banger for a while and the WR300 popped up for the right price so i grabbed it. Ive gotta say im pretty happy with it apart from a few things the factory could have done better (Jetting & Front suspension) but i will get them sorted shortly.
    Im goin for a quick 80km single track ride this morning so catch you on the other threads 903321B6-489D-4058-904D-E2F965F58E7E.png
  8. Boundry Rider Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2016 TE300
    Well hello to all CH members, I'm Patrick from Western Australia on a '16 TE300.

Not many mods as yet just a 1.5mm S/Steel enduro pipe, funnelweb airfilter, jetting with Suzuki needle and resprung.

Will be resetting the squish next. Maybe get the forks valved.

While im here and to save questions about my avatar pic, I'll explain its heritage. This is the first 3 wheel Honda prototype that landed in Australia in 1972, sent around Honda dealers to ascertain demand. My father was involved in the hand tool trade and we were lucky enough to have one of his trade partners book the little 90cc 4st for a weekend at our farm at the south coast of Victoria. Well the rider pictured is Bill Gordon the aforrmentioned dealer
    Teambowles likes this.
  9. Boundry Rider Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2016 TE300
    Got cut off so I'll continue...
    Well seven or eight beer drinking notable members of the community proceeded to put the little ATC through its paces and these blokes werent letring anyone else get a look in lol. Over the whole two days the bike didn't get any rest, dad and his mates carved a trail up and around our 1.5 acre sloping lawn and mustve used up about 60 litres of fuel. The ATC was a blinding sucess and the shipment of red saleable bikes arrived in 1973, the Melbourne allocation was 8 bikes and we bought 2 of them. I was 3 years old and that started my lifetime biking obsession lol 20190326_204658.jpg

Attached Files:

flyingbob, Huskynoobee and Teambowles like this.
  10. flaminStelvio Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 510TXC
    Other Motorcycles:
    Moto Guzzi Stelvio NTX
    Hi
    Returned to Motorcycling several years ago
    Daily ride is a Moto Guzzi Stelvio NTX.
    Have seen most of Australia on this, including some of the Central Australia Desert tracks
    Went and watched the Finke desert race in June and decided that I can do this
    Bought a TXC 510 (2010) "Chook Chaser"
    In pretty good condition and low engine hours
    Am thoroughly enjoying rebuilding the frame and suspension
    Will look to split the engine and refurbish as required.

IMG_0850 (2).JPG
    Teambowles and Dirtdame like this.
  11. Teambowles Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    19 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    19 ktm 6 days excf 450 n excf 500
    Welcom aboard!!!
    flaminStelvio likes this.
  12. Schming Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1979 Husky 250 OR
    Other Motorcycles:
    Garage full of Yamaha's and Honda's
    0315191352.jpg 0315191355.jpg Hello,

I first would like to apologize for the poor pics as I'm still using a flip phone. I bought this '79 250 OR back in March of this year from a Restorer of vintage Maico's , Penton's , Husqvarna's etc. Even though the engine was locked up the seller found it too complete to part out. Owning an '80 250 CR for a couple years that took my right ACL out in 1990, selling the bike, and giving up the dirt to raise the kids, I decided to reignite the spark and restore this to it's former glory.

The bike was dismantled the day I brought it home, Curnutt's were rebuilt by Scott Tremblay and engine completely rebuilt by Rick Horvat.

It's been a very busy construction season and as soon as possible I'll start stripping the frame for paint, rebuilding the forks, derusting the tank, and everything else it needs to sing again.

I'm registered on a number of bike forums, as I have vintage Yamahas and Hondas in various states of restoration and this site is EXCELLENT !!!

By the time I get the OR done it'll be 30 + years since I've been on a dirt bike, sheesh !!! :)
  13. wewilly Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    yamha ty175, triumph 865 America
    Hi New to the Forum but have been reading for a while waiting to have membership approved.
    I live in Australia Newcastle NSW and I have just recently bought a 2013 Husky TE449. have had one ride on it and as a vertically challenged older rider dropped it x3 and fell off once. so i am in the process of lowering the bike so I don't have as far to fall. really like the forum so much info so thanks in advance.
    cheerss
    wewilly
  14. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
  15. hollywoodcrash Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 Husqvarna SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    2002 KTM EXC300, 1972 Honda SL100
    Hello, I'm in Vancouver, BC, Canada and I've known of this forum for a long time, and now I have a Husqvarna SM610 in dual sport trim that needs some work so it's great to be here. I've been back into dirt bikes etc for 17 years, but I really want to adventure ride the Chilcotin area of BC with the new Husky. Cheers! [IMG]
  16. franc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 strada
    hallo everybody! I am from Florence, Italy i have got TR650 Strada 14 last year, before I had a KTM 625 smc, fr0m 2005 when I bought it brand new after a yamaha xt 650 after a KLR, always had single ....
  17. Motorcycle Ron Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 Can-Am Spyder
    Hi everyone
    My first bike was a brand new 1969 Suzuki TC90 Trail Blazer. It had a high low shifter that gave it 8 different gears. Top speed was 65 MPH. I learned to ride in Rampart Range Colorado. We would also blast around our neighborhood through the streets and vacant land. My most loyal friends are those I met through riding motorcycles.
    Schming and Dirtdame like this.
  18. LazyR Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Strada
    Hi everyone!

A little over a month ago I purchased a TR 650 Strada. My previous bike was a V Strom 650. It was very nice on the road, fantastic to load up for a camping trip, but a heavy pig when going slow, especially on unsealed roads.

I've checked out the BMW F650GS twin and the Kawasaki Versys-X 300. I eventually fell in love with the Strada though. I had my motorcycle lessons on a BMW G650GS and my first bike was an F650 Funduro, so with this bike I am going back to my roots.
    The Husky's engine is a massive improvement though. It is so smooth, almost twin-like. It is much more powerful and the soundtrack is gorgeous, even with stock pipes. I wouldn't have guessed it is based on the same engine if I didn't know.

[IMG]

Right now I am looking to adjust the bike for some adventure riding (airbox fix, tall fat handlebars, crashbars, luggage).
    Also the bike likes to wobble a bit at speed (>100 km/h), which I will look into when I get the new handlebars. It is most likely aerodynamics-related as the steering head bearing seems fine and I have less issues when Im tucked behind the small windshield).
  19. Motorcycle Ron Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 Can-Am Spyder
    Keep us posted on the progress of what you find for adventure. I have some lightweight Kriega bags that are super rugged and easy to remove.
  20. The Mayor Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2005 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE
    Hello from Asheville, NC. Just picked up a 2005 TE 450. First real enduro & Husky. Hopefully just needs a little TLC to get it bike on the trails, and will keep me from trashing my Scrambler 1200 XE in places I shouldn't be taking it!
    Motorcycle Ron, franc and WoodsChick like this.