Welcome to the forum! Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by Coffee, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Kidmoro Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1979 cr390
    Other Motorcycles:
    1980 xr500,
    hi all, excited to get to know the community. On Saturday ill be picking up a 79 or250 in excellent condition. Ill be going from a 2018 fe450 to that beauty. Look forward to hear anyone's input on the bike. Paying $2100. I also intend to get into some vintage racing. Best,
    Johnny
  2. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Welcome to the forum! I hope you find lots of useful information here at CH to keep your new ride in proper order.:cheers:
  3. DeadRider Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR510 (08)
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hypermotard 798, AJS Goldstar
    Hi everyone, how you doing, Im Paul and currently going through my third midlife crisis (I think)

Just got myself a nice 2008 smr510 I thought I would start off by getting to know it, by this I mean stripping it down (has 6500 miles on the clock) and rebuilding it. I should add at this point that it had no issues I just like to know the ins and outs of things and that everything is as it should be :)
    New con rod, piston, valves clutch plates, the lot ;)

I have some nice TKC80's to fit a new set of decals and on the way to getting out on the beaten trails around my area.

This is where my search for help begun. I have the engine back in the frame everything going nice, but.... (you could see this coming I'm sure, I am not a mechanic by any means).

All excited, I had eveything fited and turned the key, So far so good, pull in the clutch (darn modern health and safety) pushed the button and..... Click.
    Try again, Click ! fuel pump primes, dash is good, checked all the eathing points, everything seems fine.

Long and short of it, I pulled the casing off the side and tried to manly turn over the engine, I hear the such, then the blow, turn again, suck, blow then stop, Its like I have hit a hard thing, wont turn any further. removed the starter and the same happens in reverse? two turns then stop.

Is anyone able to help? I plan to remove the engine this coming wekend and start going backwards until I can see something, but have to admit I'm stummed??

I must have missed something along the line but have no idea where to start :excuseme:

Hoping someone can get my going, other than that, she looks awesome, shame it is just decoration in the shed at the moment though
  4. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    Welcome, Kidmoro! :cheers:
    Huskynoobee likes this.
  5. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    Welcome to Cafe Husky, DeadRider! :) And I hope you won't be an actual dead rider for long.
    I can't help you with the issue you're having, but maybe post it up in the Italian 4-Stroke forum and someone can help you figure it out?

Good luck! :thumbsup:
    Huskynoobee and DeadRider like this.
  6. salty_monk Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Suzuki GS1000
    Hello - thanks for letting me in! I’m about to take receipt of an 08 610 from a member here... can’t wait! I had a very well farkled KLR650 (2009) before this and have had a
    “Few” old Suzuki GS’s (currently have a 1978 GS1000 in the stable, just sold an 82 GS1100G) and am custodian of a Friends F800GS currently - recently took it out to Death Valley - fun but heavy on the steeper stuff!
    I’m new to fuel injected bikes so that will be a learning curve, hoping to get stuck into the iBeat stuff - I already ordered a cable following a link here (thanks).
    You might find I type with a funny accent.... I’m originally from Greenwich in London but I’ve lived here in LA for over 15 years now...

Cheers,

Dan

Attached Files:

7. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Welcome aboard. If you mean Los Angeles then that's normal. As they say nobody's from LA.
    salty_monk likes this.
  8. Eoin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630, TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Africa Twin AS
    Always good to have some more Brits on board.
    salty_monk likes this.
  9. machine builder Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TXC 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    1982 Kaw. KZ 750 E3
    Hi, new guy here, Just made a post, looking for recall notice for 013 txc 310R. Hope someone can help.
    male 63, been riding most all my life, but only a d minus level rider. lol
    Sarasota Fl. ride at Croom since 1974
    WoodsChick and Dirtdame like this.
  10. Sonnie Mee Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Team Motorex Husqvarna CR125
    Hi all, another new chap here
    thanks for accepting me on here I am from the UK
    I have a 2002 Husqvarna CR125 ex factory team bike which I nut and bolt restored last year
    I ve been in and around motocross for the last 25 years my 1st husky was brand new in 2000 and I haven’t changed marque since. I bought the 2002 bike from the team back then.
    Hopefully I can help members with some knowledge and parts (maybe) and maybe I can get help on hard to find OEM parts although I have quite an inventory myself with some exotic stuff mixed in
    I also have a couple of other CR125 projects in the pipeline and I recently purchased a 2001 CR250 which we are going to nut and bolt restore into a factory bike fortunately we have most of the parts to be able to do that so that is the next project we will complete
    Thanks
    Sonnie
  11. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Welcome aboard!
  12. Sonnie Mee Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Team Motorex Husqvarna CR125
    Thanks dude
  13. phino Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te450 te449 sm410 smr510
    Other Motorcycles:
    yamaha yzf suzuki rmz ktm exc
    hi, i'm phino, from Belgium. I ride enduro / mx most of the time. sometimes SM. I also do alot of repairs on bikes in general
    WoodsChick and Dirtdame like this.
  14. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Hi, phino. Welcome to the forum!:cheers:
  15. electronplanet Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    !976 175
    Other Motorcycles:
    1974 Yamaha TY250
    Hi, here's my long time friend a '76 175 in it's present state of dusting down after many years in need of same. I've had it since the early '90s when a friend and I went in on a deal for this bike and a '78 250 Husqy for $250. Money well spent I believe:) Tank will be blue to match the model year even though the tank is from an earlier model. Oh well, what you expect for a cheap used bike! lol[IMG]
  16. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Welcome to the forum, electronplanet!:cheers:
    electronplanet likes this.
  17. kairles Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    2006 hayabusa 2010 R1
    I'm back! Sold my SM610 years ago, and been wanting another supermoto ever since. Little over a week ago I decided it was time, picked up a 2021 701 supermoto. Already have a couple things on they way for it.

Attached Files:

18. Geoduch Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    790 ADV R, Stella, XR50, XR100
    Howdy Folks,
    I just picked up a new to me 2006 TE610. It's a beast. I have a KTM 350 XCF-W with dirty and sumo wheels.... will the KTM sumo wheels bolt onto the TE610?
    flyingbob and Dirtdame like this.
  19. flyingbob Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    01 WR360_02 WR250_12 WB165_17 FC350
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 VOR400_07 TM450_22 GG250_07 Tuono
    No. The Italians don't play nice with the Austrians.
  20. Harry 515 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2005 WR125
    Other Motorcycles:
    GasGas Ec300
    Hi to All,

I am a new member to Cafe Husky.

I have recently rescued a 2005 WR125 from a slow rusty death. I plan to rehabilitate it and enjoy riding it. Photos as found in the barn. 1.jpg 2.jpg

Thanks for all the info I have already gained from this forum.

Cheers,
    Harry 515
    flyingbob likes this.