Welcome to the forum! Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by Coffee, Jul 24, 2008.

1. P-A Calmhede Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 ,FE350,Silverpil,Svartqvarna
    Thanks! Bought the 420 AE in spring and the Terra last Monday :) Was on a shorter trip this weekend with the Terra and loved every moment of it.
  2. mb4meplz Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    14 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Elite 80
    Hello all. 2 weeks ago I purchased my first bike which ended up being a 14 TR650 with 1450 miles. The only modifications done to the bike were addition of some armor, skid plate and crash bars, windshield and a luggage rack. I've put about 200 miles on the bike so far and am glad I purchased it. The next modifications I plan on doing are: hand guards, center stand, drill a drain hole in the swingarms. I'm sure there will be plenty more to come in the future.

I had been looking at various dual sport bikes for a few months until I stumbled upon a craigslist add for a TR650 in Chicago. Something inside me told me that is the bike for me, but that particular bike sold before I could take time to look at it. After this I went on the hunt for another and started thorough research mostly done here. When I went to look at this bike I knew what to look for and the seller had taken good care of it. I didn't even test drive it, I was a bit nervous and tired from the drive there. My friend with more experience riding bikes took it out and he approved. A bit of haggling, a push from my friend and a trip to the bank and I was a proud owner of this bike.
  3. CARLFIXIT Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 fe501 on the way
    Other Motorcycles:
    Street Glide KTM XC300
    Hi everyone well I am presently waiting on a 2017 501 to be delivered in November or hopefully sooner. I do have and race a 2016 XC300 in the amateur class in NM, CO and UT. I will do my best to give and take advice on my 501 project.
    Thanks for letting me in ;)
  4. Blackbeard Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te450
    Hello! Riding my whole life but just acquired a 05 te450 with a plate. Throwing on some Ktm 17's and will use it on and off road!
  5. MikeDi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1983 WR 430
    Other Motorcycles:
    Stuck in the 80's vintage
    Thanks for adding me to the forum. Based in New England and race the New England Trail Riders Association (NETRA) Vintage Hare Scrambles. Currently ride Evolution class 250cc. Just purchased a 1983 430WR for restoration. Lots of work to be done over the winter.

Attached Files:

6. Blackbeard Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te450
  7. DEATH_INC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC450 2009
    Other Motorcycles:
    1987 Honda CR500, GPZ 750 turbo
    Hi, I'm from NZ. For some stupid reason I decided that being nearly 50 was a good time to get back into dirt bikes, after I gave 'em up 25 odd years ago due to a 'slightly' compressed spine (from a MX incident). Was originally looking for another streetbike, but ended up with a 2010 TCX450 instead. Still got a '05 ZX10 and a '84 750 turbo kwak (with heaps of mods, around 250hp). So not completely out of touch.....but.....
  8. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    haha...join the ranks of us 50-somethings that like to wrap our legs around these sexy Italians ;)
    DEATH_INC. likes this.
  9. RollinHusky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TC 449, 2016 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    1978 Yamaha 100 something!!
    Good day from eastern Canada. Haven't been on here for a few years now. Got back in the swing of things this past year with some riding out in the rockies. Got me a 2016 TE300 for those runs. Still holding on to the 2011 TC449, and she still goes. Looking forward to reading and sharing some great stories of rides and races fellow Husky riders are doing. Cheers
    NCSteve and Dirtdame like this.
  10. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    2 very nice bikes :thumbsup:
  11. Wadzy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 FE501
    Hello from Deep Cove BC, Canada. New to the site. I'm new to Husky's and getting my first one in Feb. 2017 FE 501. Super stoked!
    Teeszy and reveille like this.
  12. oldbikedude Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1988 wr 430 with cr suspension
    Other Motorcycles:
    66flh,67 CA77,76 CR125M,73H1,74ty250
    Welcome to a wonderful site with lots of helpful people. Your gonna love riding a husky
  13. Wadzy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 FE501
    Cheers OBD! I'm going to reach out to everyone to see if anyone has tried the Enduristan Tankbag on there FE 501's and how they found their bags, fit and durability etc.

Thanks!
    oldbikedude likes this.
  14. SnoDrtRider Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1980 WR 390
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 BMW F 800 GS,1974 Yamaha TY 250
    Hello All! Thanks for adding me!
    I am a 60 year old male from South Jersey USA and Have been riding for over 50 years. I have ridden a few Huskys before but just purchased my first!
    I am a former ASE Certified Master Tech and former Alfa Romeo Certified Master Tech. so I know my way around the tool box quite well.

I recently purchased (rescued) a 1980 WR 390 that had been in a garage fire and am ready to venture into the world of Husquavarna Motorcycles.
    I do have a Husky Chain saw and Husky backpack leaf blower so I am familiar with Husky quality.
    I will post some pics of my project in the restoration section and hope you both enjoy them and offer some constructive thoughts and tips to help guide me along the way.
    I am particularly fond of vintage bikes of any kind but have a real soft spot for the twin shock and drum brake off road machines.

Our daily riders (my wife rides also) are a 2015 BMW G650 GS which is hers and a 2013 BMW F800 GS which is mine. I also have a 1984 Harley FXRS which is/was my Father in Laws... He purchased it brand new in '84 and rode it quite a bit but it sat for 13 years before I fixed her up and started riding her.

My other current bike is a 1974 Yamaha TY 250 Trials bike which I like playing on in the woods at the back of our property.

I am always on the lookout for another bike to rescue as I feel too many bikes that can be restored are parted out and gone forever.

BTW My restorations are not 100% factory correct. I build "Riders"... my bikes are not made to sit in a living room or office but to be used as intended.

Sorry for the long winded intro!
  15. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    Welcome Sno- seems like there's a ton of husky riders in New Jersey for some reason, so you'll probably have no problem hearing about get-togethers etc.

your posts will probably be moderated for a while; we've only got two moderators and the list owner is MIA... have patience.
    SnoDrtRider likes this.
  16. DeathFromAbove My Cat Says AREAR!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    70,71 360 8s 72,74 450 73 360 73 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    66 Triumph Trophy 99 ZRX1100
    Greetings from Mahwah NJ! Thanks for letting me join this most excellent site. I've been hiding out and reading these forums for about a yr. My Dad and I built my first powered bike in 1979. I think it was a Schwinn stingray and we put a Briggs and Stratton 3hp over the cranks. It was fast and dangerous! I've had a lot of bikes since then, probably more than 100! Some I fixed others I just had to have, now I have 9 bikes in various states of repair and disassembly. I got a couple 72 husky 450s, a WR with a 6 speed and a CR. I'm hoping to finish them for vintage riding out here in the North East. I also ride out West in AZ, Nev and Cali. I was born and raised in So Cal so I go when I can. Can't wait to be able to pick your brains (metaphorically, had to look that up) and use all this site has to offer. Thanks again!
    Trenchcoat85 likes this.
  17. oldbikedude Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1988 wr 430 with cr suspension
    Other Motorcycles:
    66flh,67 CA77,76 CR125M,73H1,74ty250
    Welcome, you'll fit right in here.
  18. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    sounds like you are going to give that swede a great home. if you like drum brake air cooled dirt bikes, you bought one of the best made.
    i have a bunch of husky power equipment too, and all has performed well.
  19. omnivore Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    12 more bikes.
    Howdy:
    I am a reborn dirtbiker. I trail rode from 9 yrs old to 15 yrs old, then went to street bikes in 1991 when I turned 16, and never rode dirt again till July 2016.
    I bought a 2009 WR125 because it is the lightest woods bike I could find. I am 5'4" with a 28" inseam and I didn't want to deal with a heavy bike in the woods, and now wonder if I should have bought an electric start bike. I am so short that on level ground I cannot kickstart the bike unless I walk around the bike and use my left foot.......And then tippy toe right foot on ground, I can barely even touch the shifter to get it into gear.......I didn't know at the time that Huskys were so tall- my buddy's Beta300 is 2.5" shorter seat height, but also a couple inches less clearance under the skidplate too. After 6 or 7 weekends of trail riding I am getting used to the bike, but I wish it had more bottom/mid jam for climbing. I plan to add a WB 165 and pipe kit, Tubliss and new tires for next season.

Also, am I the only one who cannot seem to send a PM to anyone, and have to wait for moderators to approve every single post I make?
  20. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    post approval: yeah, it's gonna be a bit; maybe one of our 2 mods will see you here. otherwise: patience.

good call on the bike. don't worry too much about your height- lotsa of pro-mx'ers are your height. get a lowering kit if you really think you need it; otoh- almost all dirt bikes are that high.

low end: probably the biggest complaints of 125s. learn to use the clutch when you're between gear ratios (feathering). keep the rpm's up above 4-5000 when climbing. Many people think your bike (sometimes with the addition of a 165 kit) is the best woods bike made.

welcome.