USA RECALL

Discussion in 'TR650' started by johnsweet, Mar 25, 2016.

1. nev.. Terrarist

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 XT1200ZE

The money is already spent. It cannot be unspent.
  2. isldtime Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR650 STRADA
    Other Motorcycles:
    2002 Ural Tourist
    That is my point. My 2007 Triumph Tiger 1050 needed a Booster Plug to get rid of the snachy throttle responce and cruise surge.
    The Dobeck Top Fueler I had on my Harley XR1200 never worked worth a shite! ( it ran better stock on the way to trade it in than it ever had).
    The TR ran ok with the Eruption mod until I got it hot one day in slow traffic.
    We should not have to deal with this!
    I have driven a Cadillac CTSV with 556 hp( Holden to you guys) that ran like a sweetheart!!
  3. AUS_TR650 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    2008 KLX250S
    Easier for car manufacturers to meet emission laws than a bike with a 650 single. Space & weight constraints less of an issue for starters.
  4. isldtime Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR650 STRADA
    Other Motorcycles:
    2002 Ural Tourist
    I don't believe that. 100's of cars are sold per motorcycle. Someone is not doing their job!! Again.......
    PaulC likes this.
  5. isldtime Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR650 STRADA
    Other Motorcycles:
    2002 Ural Tourist
    Oh yea...HD got busted for selling tuners on the showroom floor!!
  6. tork Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Well I found someone that had the PCV used for sale and paid I think $235.00 w/autotune.

Installing this gives me more power, gets rid of the starting/stalling issue and my bike is not running lean. In a nutshell worth it to me. YMMV
    Mark_H likes this.
  7. MatLax Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha TW200
    Well start believing because there's a reason why big thumpers are becoming extinct, it's because of how hard it is to make them pass the new emission standards in Europe because they pollute too much when they're warmed up (something about the combustion chamber/cylinder deforming when hot and clearance not being tight enough). There's a reason why Yamaha discontinued the Tenere and released the T7 concept with a twin instead...
  8. isldtime Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR650 STRADA
    Other Motorcycles:
    2002 Ural Tourist
    Euro 4 is going to be a ball buster... Euro 5 even worse!
  9. isldtime Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR650 STRADA
    Other Motorcycles:
    2002 Ural Tourist
    By the way. I still kinda want to try a TW 200...
  10. Ogre_fl Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Tiger 1050
    Ziggy likes this.
  11. isldtime Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR650 STRADA
    Other Motorcycles:
    2002 Ural Tourist
    Well, I made the first change today hoping that the recall does happen. Removed the GPR full single system and put the stock exhaust on. I still need to go back to the stock A.I.T. but will wait a while.
    If the recall never happens I'll remove the rest of the stuff on it and trade it in for a Yamaha!
  12. isldtime Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR650 STRADA
    Other Motorcycles:
    2002 Ural Tourist
    You're going to love this!
    After changing the exhaust back to stock, I did a run till the fan came on reset.
    As soon after I blipped the throttle after the adaption it sneezed and stalled!
    Go figure.....
    DeLewis likes this.
  13. CarstenB Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    F650GS Dakar
    the run until the fan comes on does not reset anything. You can only reset the adaptions with the GS911 or MOSS (or whatever BMW uses these days) and then rebuild the base adaptions by letting it idle until the fan comes on. From there it takes a few tanks and varied riding conditions to fully rebuild the adaption settings.
  14. isldtime Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR650 STRADA
    Other Motorcycles:
    2002 Ural Tourist

I think you sold yours?
    what are you riding now??
  15. CarstenB Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    F650GS Dakar
    still riding a Terra. Sold the one i had in Australia and bought a new one over here. I don't see any alternative on the market and really love the bike. It's a late (2014) one with only 700mls on the clock. Got the latest firmware at the factory and runs really sweet. Pretty much like the one in Oz after i brought it back to stock and did the adaption reset with the GS911. It also had the latest firmware but had some stalling issues when i bought it. I didn't know about the adaption thing and installed a Wuka and Pulstars. Cured the stalling but i felt it ran too rich. Eventhough Wayne kept telling me i didn't appreciate how important it is to reset the adaptions after mods or even only after replacing the air filter and didn't really want to invest in a GS911. Lesson learned...
  16. WayneC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    F650GS Dakar
    The info on the adaption resets is in the early threads here but then the knowledge was lost, it is interesting in the new G65GS recall TSB that BMW are specifying not only that the engine should be cold at the start of the process but that the Dealer should allow the fan to cycle on/off twice. There is more in it worth reading
  17. isldtime Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR650 STRADA
    Other Motorcycles:
    2002 Ural Tourist
    From what I read it is alot more than a reflash.
  18. WayneC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    F650GS Dakar
    I assume you are referring to the G650GS recall, yes there are many items the Dealers have to check off but they are all things which should be done normally anyway. They are just ensuring the Dealers actually sign off on each item which perhaps tells you something
  19. isldtime Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR650 STRADA
    Other Motorcycles:
    2002 Ural Tourist
    Don't tell me a BMW tech would flatrate a warranty job!!
  20. Ogre_fl Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Tiger 1050
    FYI, I sent an email today to KTM USA about the status of the recall & resolution.
    The reply was not very promising, basically stating that there was no current fix and no idea on a time frame for one.
    I sent another e-mail stating that this was very disheartening given the amount of time that has passed since this issue hit the NHTSA.

Shortly after that I received a phone call.
    I was insured that they were still working towards a fix, but that its progress was going very slowly due to the various entities involved.
    I asked about a possible buy back (hey got to ask, right?)
    I was told that was not in the current plans.
    tweber, isldtime, PaulC and 1 other person like this.