USA RECALL

Discussion in 'TR650' started by johnsweet, Mar 25, 2016.

1. mag00 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra, Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR250 R1100RS CH50
    I saw the Indian or was it Victory(?) dealer on the way in, didn't stop.

Wrench? No, I asked them not to remove my wrench, I have the tool. They said they wouldn't unless they did the service.
  2. johnsweet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 790R RickmanZ BulsSherpaTs350

Called my dealer in Danbury, CT yesterday, I told him about our Maine lemon laws. Would they buy it back or give me a loaner? He said you purchased the motorcycle in CT, I said yep, he said would you like to call KTM? I said no all you get is a recording, leave a message and we will call you back. He said I'll have to look in to this and I'll get back to you. That was yesterday, I'll let you know when if ever he calls back. At least I felt better.
  3. DanD Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    '98 R1200C, '04 R1150RS, '13 WR250R
    I'm going to investigate going this route also. I'd think if KTM/Husky were faced with enough Lemon Law cases they'd probably step up their game and move a little quicker to get the recall issues resolved.

...or they could trade me into a new 690. :thinking:
    danketchpel, mag00 and johnsweet like this.
  4. johnsweet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:

or 701
    PaulC, Craig Hashey and danketchpel like this.
  5. johnsweet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    If you contact your dealer document all conversations and correspondence of who you spoke with. Not sure of all the different state lemon law but CT and ME require an arbitration form be filed with the state. CT requires a $50. filing fee with the Dept of Consumer Protection. I'm still waiting for Dave (my dealer) at Motofit CT to call me back. When he contacts me I will advise all on CH what he said and can do for me. Read your state laws, if you think your still covered you have some leverage. CT law states when you qualify for arbitration you can do it by mail or in person. Will I need an attorney ? no most cases can be done without, but you can have an attorney if you want. What does CT law cover: vehicles or motorcycles that have substantial defects affecting use, safety, or value and if purchased after Oct 1 1998 occur during the first two (2) years from the delivery date or the first 24,000 miles whichever period ends first. I have just over 10,000 miles so I believe I qualify. Good luck, hopefully this will move them to repair.
  6. isldtime Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR650 STRADA
    Other Motorcycles:
    2002 Ural Tourist
    I called KTM customer service, left a message and got a callback in less than two hours. Up dated my address and was told still no fix in sight. I also asked if I would be able to take it to a KTM dealer for a fix and was told no. KTM dealer is 51 miles away, nearest Husky store, 80 miles but they are also BMW.
    I might look into a buy back.
  7. Johnn Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    T4 Moto Guzzi
    I take it that you have contacted them and they have responded they can't help you have the latest firmware and update through BMW ?

Apoligise for asking the obvious but it would be interesting to know what their response is/was.
  8. isldtime Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR650 STRADA
    Other Motorcycles:
    2002 Ural Tourist

Nope. The recall rumors had all ready started after I moved so I'm not going to do anything else till the dust settles.
    The last time I rode it was a year ago to get a VIN verify at the local county seat. I had to keep going around the court house until a parking spot opened up in the inspection area. It got so hot it would not run below about 2000 rpm and I'm right in front of the county sheriff's office running a GPR full system! Even with the db killer installed it is loud when revved.
    My Strada is wonderful on the highway........... As long as you don't have to start or stop.
  9. Johnn Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    T4 Moto Guzzi
    Thanks. Curiosity satisfied as the most likely source of a fix would be through dual Husqvarna and BMW dealers as it affects both brands.

I also run for full GPR single system and agree it seems loud, but the authorities don't seem to notice. When I'm working, it is parked in a bike spot outside the court house, and need to keep the revs up to stop it from stalling. The sound must not be to bad going by the number of riders who prefer to ride behind me and I do notice the lighter exhaust when flip flopping though a set of curves.

My Strada is good on the highway and exceptional on secondary roads.
    PaulC likes this.
  10. DJOV Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    XT 250
    Here's an excuse for me to visit Phoenix, AZ! I've called a dozen shops around the country (Husq, BMW, and KTM) and when I have asked, every one has said they cannot program or reprogram the ECU on my TR. So... I'm sure a winter vacation to GoAZ will be lovely!
    PaulC likes this.
  11. mag00 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra, Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR250 R1100RS CH50
    About now would be a great roadtrip. You could hit the canyon and not freeze out too bad, and you won't melt in the sun.

I do not like the new version of firmware on the Strada, but it is fine on my Terra. I have had a chance to run it a bit more and it is worse than before the update.
    DJOV and DeLewis like this.
  12. MookieWilson Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    sxv,cb
    Anybody heard anything?
    It seems as though KTM has told the Canadian government they have a fix.
  13. isldtime Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR650 STRADA
    Other Motorcycles:
    2002 Ural Tourist
    When I called KTM they pretty much told me to sit on my thumb and rotate.
    And I found out there is no lemon law provisions for motorcycles in Kentucky.
    By the way, they still haven't sent me a recall notice even after I gave them a change of address!
    Sounds like the Donald Trump syndrome.
  14. MatLax Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha TW200
    Check the Canadian thread, they found a solution
  15. isldtime Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR650 STRADA
    Other Motorcycles:
    2002 Ural Tourist
    All I see so far is vaporware (smoke and mirrors)
    PaulC likes this.
  16. MatLax Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha TW200
    On the Canadian government's website related to vehicle recalls there was an update, it went from "A solution has not yet been found" to "The manufacturer will replace the ECU", which means that KTM/Husky contracted the government to inform them that they had found a way to solve the issue and the steps necessary to do so.
  17. MatLax Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha TW200
  18. beck Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE310R // 2014 Terra 650
    I got my notice in the summer and I have been riding the bike normally since with no issue until yesterday where the bike stalled when engaging the clutch. Should I stop riding? My answer is no, its too much fun!

Still would like a fix, soon please. While they are at it, put a better map on it :)
  19. tork Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    I really don't want a fix now, I installed the Power Commander almost 2 years ago and have had no issue since then. Plus I really like the added response at the throttle.
  20. isldtime Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR650 STRADA
    Other Motorcycles:
    2002 Ural Tourist

And you spent how much to make it run like it should off the showroom floor?