USA RECALL

Discussion in 'TR650' started by johnsweet, Mar 25, 2016.

1. dmw_az Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    500hp Dodge SRT4
    Sounds like we'd have to be without our bike for weeks since I believe that means sending it off to Europe. Who wants to be the guinea pig? :thinking:
  2. johnsweet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 790R RickmanZ BulsSherpaTs350
    guy on FB said a 10 day turn around, he'd already sent it in
  3. mag00 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra, Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR250 R1100RS CH50
    Did he say how it ran?
  4. DanD Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    '98 R1200C, '04 R1150RS, '13 WR250R
    Hopefully I'll be taking mine in tomorrow. Yes it will require 2 trips (at least) for those of us with distant Husky dealers. From what I've read on the G650GS the fix worked well as long as the relearn diagnostics were run on install.
  5. MookieWilson Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    sxv,cb
    that sounds like the bike will be down and out for a while...
  6. johnsweet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    He probably just sent it in I doubt he has received it back
  7. johnsweet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    I just received my letter today. You must take the complete bike to the dealer, do not remove the ECU from the bike, not sure if any dealer or the one you purchased from but I'll find out next week. In my case their are closer dealers then the one I purchased from. Leave bike at dealer, they remove ECU send it to Magnati Marelli. When dealer receive updated ECU back from MM they are required to connect the bike to a diagnostic tool to adapt the updated ECU software to the bike. Takes 7 to 10 business days. About time.
    HV71 likes this.
  8. mag00 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra, Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR250 R1100RS CH50
    Do you have a pic of the notice, or campaign number?
  9. johnsweet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:

Attached Files:

HV71 and mag00 like this.
  10. RockinRod Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    79 GS850G, 99VFR800Fi , 04ST1300A
    Hi Guys,
    I'm nota real regular on here but I have a 2013 I got in Feb of 13 and I just got my letter too.... Halejulia.. but I'm like most no dealer close to me.
    I've got choices like the other side of Charlotte and I'm in Fayettevile,N.C. or got to a Virginia dealer..... Same as everyone has mentioned....take bike, not just ECU....7-10 days ......I really don't want to sell I just want my 7k bike to run normally.....Well good news is they have a fix.....
    Rod

Made contact with closest dealer and he was recommended by my old dealer....I made contact and am taking my Terra to them on Monday next week. They are unfortunately 3 hours away from me....Nothing like a road trip.....I'll update as soon as I get my bike back
    Slick likes this.
  11. johnsweet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    called several other dealers closer to me, said they will fix
    RockinRod likes this.
  12. mysery1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tr650 strada
    Got my notice in the mail today. My nearest dealer is 4.5 hours away. The problem I have with the recall is I had to install a ground strap between the ECU case and battery negative due to a EWS error. Will Magneti marelli still be able to reprogram the ECU due to this issue and if not what options will I be left with. What sort of dealer support can I expect because in my experience nobody has been thrilled when I've showed up seeking service. Right now I'm gonna go drink a beer and not think about this until I call the dealer Tuesday when they open. You all have a nice weekend.
    HV71 and Slick like this.
  13. mag00 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra, Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR250 R1100RS CH50
    Got both my notices today, and called my local Husky shop and they already have one in for the recall. I may wait and see how long it takes and how it works, before or if I take mine in.
  14. nwrider1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    Too many to list
    Looks like we have to take the whole bike in to the dealer and they send the ECM to Italy unless Magneti Marelli has equipment in the USA that will reprogram it. Begs the question, how many bikes can a dealer store for a week or 10 days?
  15. Next Strada Demolitionist

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    This is great news! Very glad to hear it. Can't wait to hear how everyone fairs on this. I would like to take m one in before my being trip this season, but we leave in two weeks, so it will have to be after that. By then perhaps a few of your ill have posted how the bike runs after the re-program. Hard to believe a reprogram form MM took 1.5+ years to get done.
  16. isldtime Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR650 STRADA
    Other Motorcycles:
    2002 Ural Tourist
    Got my notice too. I think I will sit back and see how it goes. It is a 90 mile haul to take mine in and the last time I let a dealer work on my bike (Honda VTR 1000) they put the shock on backward and damaged the body work. Sitting in a already crowded service department and pushed outside during business hours in the rain is a bad idea in my book.
  17. mag00 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra, Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR250 R1100RS CH50
    One thing you can do is negotiate a discounted price for the valve adjust while the bike sits waiting on the ecu update. It's there taking up space, they may negotiate.
  18. nwrider1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    Too many to list
    Yes, and they'll probably have the valves adjusted by a rookie to make up for the discount -- but they might do than anyway!
  19. Rapid Dog Husqvarna
    AA Class

...yeah, dealers are scary. My 2014 doesn't have fueling issues thank garsh.
    The scary part is what they'll do (or not do) to the bike while it's in their hands.
    But I'm a skeptic ;)
  20. DanD Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    '98 R1200C, '04 R1150RS, '13 WR250R
    Central KY Motorsports called today and said 7-10 days. I doubt the ECU is going to Europe. More likely a US branch or subsidiary of Magnetti/Marrellli.