USA RECALL

Discussion in 'TR650' started by johnsweet, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Ignaciob Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada --> Terra (aka Noxeema)
    Other Motorcycles:
    05 Yamaha FJR (x2), 75 Honda CB400F
    Got mine back. I dropped it off at the end-of-the day last Monday and they had it ready mid-day today...so that's 9 days by my count. They talked a bit about bringing it back up, reaching operating temperature, and a ride to confirm. I then drove it probably 6 miles home including a stop at the grocery store and various stop-n-go urban traffic. It didn't stall out or seem to hint that it was going to stall out like before. It still feels a bit lean compared to when I'm running a Booster Plug, but I'm inclined to ride it for a while and see if I like it stock.

I did confirm that the odometer was unmolested and actually surpised that fuel counter figured of 2.89 was still intact.

So far...so good.
    glitch_oz, LED, PaulC and 4 others like this.
  2. MookieWilson Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    sxv,cb
  3. nwrider1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    Too many to list
    Great! Thanks for the feedback. I should get my strada back sometime next week.
  4. johnsweet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 790R RickmanZ BulsSherpaTs350
    Taking mine in tomorrow. Wagner Motorsports, Worcester, MA only 306 miles one way. 4 hrs. 56 min.
  5. dmw_az Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    500hp Dodge SRT4
    Is anybody going to ask if they can reset the service wrench light?
  6. hasenpfeffer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    I dropped mine off today. I meant to ask about resetting the wrench, but got distracted and forgot. I did very briefly see some of their procedure, which includes hooking up their own diagnostic computer system to clear DTCs before running the bike to temperature. So, maybe on the wrench indicator. I'm planning on asking next week before they get the ECU back.
  7. mag00 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra, Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR250 R1100RS CH50
    Can any of you guys ask the dealer for a printout? My dealer says they cannot do it. I told him I wanted a printout and they are checking into it.
  8. nev.. Terrarist

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 XT1200ZE

I saw a post on facebook by someone who had his TR650 back from having the recall done, and he said if felt a bit down on power compared to before (just a subjective observation - no dyno charts or anything). Any similar feelings Matt ?
  9. Ignaciob Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada --> Terra (aka Noxeema)
    Other Motorcycles:
    05 Yamaha FJR (x2), 75 Honda CB400F
    It didn't feel down to me.....but I've ridden so many miles with a Booster Plug that richens things up...I can't be sure. Pulling away from traffic lights *felt* the same as right before I took it in.
  10. RockinRod Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    79 GS850G, 99VFR800Fi , 04ST1300A
    Last Monday I took a road trip to Palmer mtr sports in Denver , N.C. a busy bunch of riders! To my amazement the owner was on the phone tryin to help a guy get spokes for his bike. Going out of his way to help a customer....IMAGINE that !!! This IS the kind of dealership I want to do business with.... They got a full line of current Husky's on the floor and all but ready to go..... It was short of harrowing going around one of the busiest cities in our state.... 485 around Charlotte will take years off your life I tell ya... I didn't get to speak to Todd but I liked the way he was helping a guy on the phone , personal service means a lot these days.....So back to the main focus, I got pretty much the corporate line but I kinda expected that....7-10 days.... I told them no sweat and how much I appreciated the assist.... I told them the miles on the odo were correct, c/o my hip replacement in '15... said the registration and current ins was under the seat and it has a full tank of fuel if the need to test ride it....Gave them all my contact info and was on my way back home.....Now to be patient without my Terra for another week or so....
    I'm not in the market for another new bike now but if you are and are having difficulty palmer motor sports in Denver, N.C. they gottem
    Rod
  11. 911Timo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    14' Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    Dropped mine off this morning to WMR in Stuart Florida. Seem like very professional place and they did know about the recall even I was the first Terra customer to drop off the bike to them. I did ask about the wrench light and they said that it could no problem clearing it. Basically he said that they now have a adapter to connect our bikes to there current diagnostic system. He made it sound that they can do updates etc with the "new" system. Although I forgot to ask about print out. He said that they will pull the unit out still today get it shipped out so lets see when it gets back.
  12. rook Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra

Perfect timing! I am in the Winston Salem, NC area and was looking for a good shop for this very reason.

Please post back after the update!
    Slick and turtlemoye like this.
  13. turtlemoye Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE511, TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 BMW 1200GSA

Did you paint your bike green? If so we've ridden together. I dropped my bike at the exact same time Rod did. I assume our bikes should be ready at the same time and I hope to pick mine up this coming Mon.
    rook likes this.
  14. Bikerdude Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    KLR, Versys,DL1000 Suzuki,
    Just got mine back from "Harpers Yamaha" in Hendersonville NC. Dropped it off last Tues and they called this morning. Runs really smooth with no stalling on hour ride home. Love this single; soooo smooth.
    turtlemoye likes this.
  15. turtlemoye Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE511, TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 BMW 1200GSA

So you got it back in 1 week? That's promising.
    rook likes this.
  16. Adv Bob Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    TW200,R1100GS,R1200GSW ADV, Rupp BW
    Just dropped off my Terra this afternoon at Edelmann's. They had already had done a Strada since the word got out. The owner Strada said he did not have any stalling issues but brought it in when he got the letter. The service tech ask me how mine ran, how many miles I have rode it, etc. They have all the necessary equipment and info to service them. He said the last one took a week. Took it off my trailer for me and wheeled it inside. Real nice people.
  17. rook Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Turtle, Yeah that's me we with the green vinyl wrapped Terra. We have ridden together a few times. I fell out of the meetup since I recently had a daughter and have been busy with her. With the weather changing the Terra has been calling me.
    Knowing a bit of your riding style and how often you get on your bike, I'll be interested to get your feedback. Keep me in the loop.
    turtlemoye likes this.
  18. kiwiape Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia DD750
    Can you guys confirm if the ECU has been swapped out for new or is still the same unit please?
  19. johnsweet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 790R RickmanZ BulsSherpaTs350
    Bike at dealer now, I was told by Husky NA that OEM ECU is sent to MI and reprogrammed there. Then sent back to dealer and adapted to bike. Not sure if your ECU is sent to Italy or where. We are told 7 to 10 business days, yours may take longer. Still the same unit as far as I know.
  20. nwrider1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    Too many to list
    I'm going to pick up my Strada today - I dropped it off on 5-4-17 and was notified on Monday 5-15-17 that it was ready. I think they had reinstalled the ECU and tested it on Saturday 5-13-17 so the timing is right in line with the estimate. I've done the POD mod and had been running an AF-XIED unit, which got rid of the stalling. However, since it adds fuel across the rpm range I was concerned about carbon build up from running too rich in spots. I should be able to test ride it tonight.