Twin Arrow Exhaust by Husqvarna

Discussion in '610/630' started by ATD1, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

2. kingmoochr Husqvarna
    B Class

3. ColdC Husqvarna
    AA Class

I contacted the ebay seller, Asylum Motorcycles, and they replied that, "the item is no longer available."
  4. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

sorry my error

So is Asylum Motorcycles going to ship out the 10 they had listed and which sold?
  5. Wingnut037 Husqvarna

The seller. I called for a tracking number. Said an email should be going out tomorrow with more information to everyone that purchased
  6. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    Sounds like they dodged your question in order to mass-deliver some bad news. I'm an old farty pessimist that doesn't trust anyone, though.
  7. ContraHusky Husqvarna
    A Class

I think the mass-delivered bad news is that the 630 has been discontinued. Grab key aftermarket accessories now while they're still available.

I just hope some of the rack vendors follow through and offer some 630 items.
  8. Travis Shrey Husqvarna
    A Class

I already got my refund. They didn't actually have any of the last batch of 8 that they sold - they are now saying end of september to get them from FMF. That is a long enough delay that I can talk myself into getting the full Ti LV system :)
  9. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

no email from them today.. who did you talk to at Asylum?
  10. mlyamkaw Husqvarna
    AA Class

I got my email today, and a refund. I want the pipe for that price dammit! Not much you can do I guess. Too good to be true...
  11. tropicoz Husqvarna
    C Class

Yeah, I just spoke with them on the phone. Apparently they'll be available again around the end of September....but not sure if at the same price. We have first refusal on the next shipment, should they come in sooner btw.
  12. kingmoochr Husqvarna
    B Class

i tried to order from another location, they said fmf has raised the prices, sounds like reasonably priced pipes are done for...
  13. Russ Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE250i & 701 Enduro, 501 & 630 sold
    I went for a terrific ride this morning north of Sydney and came across a fellow TE630 rider who had fitted twin Barrett exhausts, which looked good in black. They sounded nice as well - deep but not too loud.

He said they cost approx $700 AUD, which is much more reasonable than the Arrows at nearly $1,900. If anyone is interested in more information or pictures they can be seen at:
    http://www.barrettexhausts.com.au/index.htm
  14. willie Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 630
    I guess deals that seem too good to be true, usually are! Have bought several items on Ebay from resellers that have been shipped directly from the distributor. Resellers rarely stock these items. They advertise items at wholesale + a small markup and when they get some orders they order the items themselves or forward the orders to distributor and they do the shipping. FMF may have bumped up the wholesale price on these exhausts thus eating up the small profit margins so the guy backs out.
    FMF has this exhaust readily avaliable on their web site for $650 delivered so they are still available.
  15. Gut Husqvarna
    AA Class

If you still want the FMF pipe you don't have to allow Asylum to cancel the order. You can refuse the cancellation and wait for the pipe to come in. If you cancel, then the sale is terminated and they no longer have to honor the original sale price.
  16. kingmoochr Husqvarna
    B Class

i almost bought one. personally, i'd definitely leave negative feedback if they don't honor their contract...
  17. ContraHusky Husqvarna
    A Class

They don't have to honor it anyway. They ran out. It happens and it's a retailer safe-harbor.

Besides, what are people gonna do? Hire a lawyer? Negative feedback is certainly in order...
  18. kingmoochr Husqvarna
    B Class

it has little consequence on a normal retailer, 10 neg feedbacks on ebay is definitely going to sting a little...
  19. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

To get back on topic: the twin Arrows.
    Is the main advantage of the single LVs only weight saving? Or does a single can also provide more power than twins? If the clever people as Husqvarna gave the 630 twin cans, they must have given it some thought. Once the p/u has been done and the airbox opened up a bit, the 630 would also need a larger exhaust outlet (?)
  20. tropicoz Husqvarna
    C Class

A twin exhaust on a single is gross overkill. The only reason it's there is for emissions and noise regs. A single outlet is favorable for weight and simplicity, with the byproduct of noise! Powe isn't necessarily better from one or the other, it's the lack of restriction that helps that.