Twin Arrow Exhaust by Husqvarna

Discussion in '610/630' started by ATD1, Mar 31, 2011.

1. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Suppose you could use ANY pipe (within reasonable limits) and then use the JD tuner to optimise the system.
  2. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    What exhaust do you have? What JD settings are you using?
  3. HuskyBrutha Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM630
    Other Motorcycles:
    690 R, 500 EXC, XR250

After PU my SM pulled off like a dream and the idle - first 1/4 throttle transition has always been fine.

however I did follow your advice and I turned my idle ( blue/green ) down from 4 to 2.5 and was surprised to see that there was no adverse effect on performance at all.

MrClean, what setting are you running on your Green phase ?, I am running 4.5
  4. MrClean Husqvarna
    AA Class

With the stock pipes and several holes added to the airbox, I had the Green setting at 2/3.

Later I switched to a full Leo Vince exhaust and needed to bump the Green setting to 3.

Recently, a dealership did a full service at 3,000 miles which included a reset of the TPS. After that I bumped the Green to 3/4.
  5. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    I have the full Leo Ti system and the PU kit. So far, I have left my JD settings as they are out of the box:

Green (low range), 3/4
    Yellow (mid range), 4
    Red (top end), 3
    Green/Blue (idle), 3/4
    Yellow/Blue (green-yellow transition), 4
    Red/Blue (accelerator), 4/5

I have the EHS Racing pre-filter kit here, ready to install. Once I have it in, I'll play with the settings some more.

There's a lot of good info in about that in this thread: http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/new-fi-tuner-on-my-sm-630.18398/page-4
  6. HuskyBrutha Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM630
    Other Motorcycles:
    690 R, 500 EXC, XR250
    Most / some dealers tweak the stock ECU using I-Beat at some point. Both my TE and SM were tweaked with I-Beat
    Our JD Tuners then piggy back on the tweaked setings.

So this makes comparing one another's JD settings difficult as some ECU's are no longer stock
  7. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    I reset my iBeat back to 100/100/100 before I installed the JD tuner.
  8. Travis Shrey Husqvarna
    A Class

Dude, you're missing out on a ton of fun. I don't have the leo kit, just the stock pipes converted to flow-through. I have my yellow and red in the 5-6 range. Makes a very large difference.
  9. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    I'll monkey with it when it warms up again.
  10. jester6i Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    oneleven, Did you have the DB Killer inserts installed for the arrow test readings you took above? I recently installed the FMF Factory 4.1 single exhaust, and even with the 94db "quiet' insert, I find them too loud on long rides. I am seriously considering trying the arrows.
  11. oneleven Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    No inserts were ever installed in my exhaust. Not even spark arrestors.
  12. jester6i Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Thanks. I just ordered the arrows. I will install them first without any inserts and see how they sound. The arrow DB killers look like a combination spark arrestor and quiet insert. I suppose I can always put a more porous stainless screen in there if I need a S/A.
  13. B1MIKE Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 Smr 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2008 YZ125
    I just purchased twin arrows for my 09 Smr 450. On mine they are stamped " not for road use". So I don't no what the "e3" stamp means. Another thing, mine didnt come with an ECU, so need some opinions on a POWER COMMANDER 5. Are they the same thing as a JD tuner??
  14. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS

No, but you can get about the same results with either system. The PCV only really outshines the JD when you drop the extra money on an auto-tune model.
  15. B1MIKE Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 Smr 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2008 YZ125
    Just put on my twin arrows. I don't agree with others that they are so much lighter than stock. When I took off the stock cans I was more amazed at how they didn't feel much more heavy than the arrows I've been holding. The look to me is much better. With them on the bike doesn't look so pipe e . The sound is not all that loud at all! Maybe like others have said it sounds deeper. The biggest thing to me was the throttle responce. The bike feels much more lively. It pulls quicker harder. The thing I don't understand is the lack of the arrow ecu and or a power commander doesn't so far seem to be a problem. I will ride it for a week to really see if I need it.
  16. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    If you have the Arrow ECU and don't want to use, send me a PM. Maybe we could work out a deal for it?
  17. SimpleOne Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    09 ZX-6R Trackbike
    Question for all you Arrow owners out there. Here is a picture taken from the end of the slipons that came with the bike I bought, I'm trying to work out what the heck the part in the end is, doesn't look like it would be very effective as either a spark arrestor or a DB killer, and from what I've read about the Arrow slipons, the spark arrestor and DB killer is fitted between the can and the mid pipe?
    [IMG]

As you can see this bike has been dropped on the Arrow's:
    [IMG]

There's some bits rattling around inside the can, but it doesn't look like it's serviceable, courtesy of the rivets. How are you meant to repack these can's?
    I haven't been game to drill out the rivets in case you can't push them through to the inside of the can...

Also,

Has anyone bothered with the Arrow collectors (headers) for the TE630 or SMS630?
    Any appreciable gain or power or torque?
    Any significant shift in the power band position or shape?

Not quite sure if the graph here is showing the impact of just the collectors, or if it's the whole system...
    http://www.arrow.it/eng/prodotti/motociclo.asp?IDM=43&IDTab=988

I can't see there being much of a weight saving over the standard ones given that they're all stainless steel, so really just comes down to if there is some sort of power or torque consequence...
  18. ATD1 Husqvarna
    A Class

For anyone interested I'm looking to sell my stock cans. They have about 500 original miles on them and are in perfect condition. If interested you can send me a PM and make me an offer.

Thanks guys.
  19. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

... and to cover the European market, I´ll sell my stock 630 ´zorst and the original ECU as well (taken off the bike when new).

My twin Arrows are NOT stamped "not for road use". They ARE stamped e3 they came with the new ECU but there´s no spark arrestor and no db-killer. And they ARE much lighter than the original cans.
  20. SimpleOne Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    09 ZX-6R Trackbike
    Yep i just weighed the stock mufflers compared to the Arrow's:

Brand Side Description kg lb
    Stock Midpipe + O2 Plug (no Heat Shield) 1.73 3.81
    Stock RHS Muffler + Heat Shield + Bolts + Clamps + Gaskets 3.67 8.09
    Stock LHS Muffler + Heat Shield + Bolts + Clamps + Gaskets 3.52 7.76
    Stock Midpipe + O2 Plug + Heat Shield 2.02 4.45