Twin Arrow Exhaust by Husqvarna

Discussion in '610/630' started by ATD1, Mar 31, 2011.

1. ATD1 Husqvarna
    A Class

If you have any information about the Twin Arrow Slip-ons by Husqvarna please post it here (sound, dyno chart, weight, performance gains...etc). My dealer already quoted me a pretty decent price for the setup but before I plunk down the cash I would like to get some feedback on the setup as shown in picture. I've searched the internet and can't find a whole lot of info as with any Husky accessory so if anyone can provide any first hand knowledge please do.

Thanks

2011-Husqvarna-TE630-5.jpg
    Mik-3 likes this.
  2. moto66 Husqvarna
    A Class

See posts by Blazes for pipe mods.
  3. ATD1 Husqvarna
    A Class

No help there...did a search.
  4. moto66 Husqvarna
    A Class

Yep sorry, he's modified the OE 610 cans. Looking at the pic your talking for the 2010 Huskys? I've gutted the cans on my 09 SMR and can post you the pics if it helps, but re-reading your question, looks like your after feedback on what you mentioned, rather than mod ideas. Thinking most SMR owners have gone the aftermarket route, ie Leo Vince etc as probably cheaper.
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Call a good dealer like Halls and they should be able to look it up for you.
  6. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    When I bought my TE 630, Dan (MotoXotica) looked up the Arrow set you are asking about. If I remember correctly it was $1,000 or so. It does come with a new ECU to install, but no option for spark arrestors. I would love to have them, but I can only have pipes with sparky's on my bikes. I don't want to be that wing nut that burns the forest down, or get a ticket. They sure are nice though. [IMG]
  7. rjdenya Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    05' Honda CR250R
    I am also interested to hear from SM and TE 630 owners that have the Twin Arrow Slip-ons by Husqvarna. As ATD1 said there is little information available on line.
  8. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Got them on my 630. They might just be a tad louder ... but are street legal here in Europe (they´re stamped ARROW and with the E3 stamp). The sound is very positive (deeper and more resonant). Took the old original cans off ... and they´re REALLY HEAVY! The Arrows don´t only look a lot better, they´re MUCH lighter. And can´t tell whether the improvements were due to the Arrows or to the p/u kit. But it´s now a whole new bike. The Leo Vince slip-ons don´t (in my opinion) look as good and are NOT street legal (are stamped "not for road use" and the advertising also contains a warning). Am very happy with the Arrows.
  9. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    I think when I finally pull the trigger, the twin Arrows are the route I'm going. Mainly for the ease of tuning. Plug in the new ECU and done.
  10. KLOC Husqvarna
    AA Class

+1 I'm thinking the ECU might be the biggest part of the equation.

Anyway, all this talk about underpowered U.S. TE 630's had me wondering, so I took my freakishly fast Canadian
    TE out and got on it to see what was what.

Stock exhaust, PU bits on, funky airbox thing gone, 14/42, 3200 kilometers and broken in according to manual.
    Valve clearances are spot on, new plug correctly gapped, throttle cable correctly adjusted, fresh gas, chain lubed
    and no tight bits, DOT knobbies (Scorps), serviced Twin Air. The bike has not seen iBeat, but the plug always looks perfect.
    It'll get iBeat'd on soon.

Oh, I'm 6'4" and 240 in street clothes, so there is a bit of air to push outta the way.

So, the bike gets to 125 kph fast enough, but it feels like it hits a wall around 130 and then takes its sweet time getting to 140.
    It slows down in 6th.

I'm beginning to think I've got a U.S. bike !!!
  11. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

My 630SM can do 165 kmh (gps tested) on the Autobahn at which point my neck gives warning that my head´ll fall off if I go any faster. I´m 6" i´ and 80 Kilos (Maybe a bit bore with my boots on).

Attached Files:

12. 128954431 Husqvarna
    A Class

It seems that the US is getting the Monday and Friday bikes while the rest of the world is getting the bikes made on other days.

Mine had little difficulty pulling the ton.
  13. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    Do you have a pic of the other side? I want to see the CF heat shields. Are those Husky parts as well?
  14. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

P1000064.jpg `Tis a bit dark ... but the only one have. Yes, they´re out of the Husky special parts list.
  15. KLOC Husqvarna
    AA Class

That is an impressive license plate !!!
    I'll bet there are a few more kph in your bike if it fell off.
  16. ATD1 Husqvarna
    A Class

Pipes do look really good with all the CF parts. Does anyone have a dyno graph with stock comparo? How about a YOUTUBE video! Thanks for the feedback so far...hopefully there are more of you out there with these pipes that can chime in.
  17. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

That plate is the bane of my life here in Berlin. Have got the same size on my CCM ... and it´s been burnt off by the zorst, vibrated off and lost several times. Each time I´ve got to assure them that it´s not been sold to terrorists etc. before they issue (at great expense) a new one. But they´ve promised to reduce the size some time in April.

Think you might have some luck contacting Husqvarna in Italy direct to find out what the rear wheel HP for the uncorked bike with twin Arrows really is. I´ve not had it dynoed as I´ve cause to distrust the commercial testing facilities (none of them come up with the same ... or similar results). Riding the bike tells me a lot more.
  18. KLOC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Good suggestion. I've just submitted a request via the Husqvarna site asking about expected rear-wheel HP with the twin Arrows/ECU special part.
    Not holding my breath as I've submitted questions there before and had no response.

Riding my bike tells me everything I need to know ... I know it needs more juice. ;-)
  19. moto66 Husqvarna
    A Class

x+3 divided by the squared area is >y plus 4. So every square inch of plate = 4 less HP and 7 less mph. It's a fact [IMG]
  20. mlyamkaw Husqvarna
    AA Class

Mine is very similar to this. Gets up to 80-85 MPH, and that is about it. Not that I want much more, but for passing would be nice. That's about what a KLR will do, granted the TE get's there faster. It will wheelie in 3rd with some effort, forget about 4th. I just ordered the FMF pipe from Bills, hope that works.

I'm 6'1 200.