TE630 dyno results and thoughts

Discussion in '610/630' started by DYNOBOB, Apr 29, 2012.

1. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    SuperTenere-GL1800-CBR900RR-KLX250S
    110/110/120 was with a full Leo. I think the stock and FMF flow a little less. My guess is 108/108/116 would have you in the ballpark with stock or FMF.

I have no experience w/ the Arrows, maybe someone will weigh in.

2. SimpleOne Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    09 ZX-6R Trackbike
    I have here the Arrow Cans + ECU and I've ordered a 4.1 FMF + PC 5 + AutoTune. If -i - I have the time and money down the road, I'll try and get a dyno pull with both setups, but I'll need to find a dyno day where they're doing pulls on the cheap as it will be cost prohibitive otherwise...
  3. jester6i Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630

I have the Arrow Cans + ECU and FMF 4.1 as well. Had the Arrows installed very briefly. Power was good, however, did not like the sound level vs. weight saved. I was thinking of going with the Arrow ECU and FMF combination for maximum weight savings and performance closer to Arrow duals. Now I am thinking the Arrow ECU may be too rich for the FMF setup. Have been running stock until I decide which way to go. FYI, I posted my earlier experience with both exhaust options here: http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/best-pipe-for-the-630.15644/page-9
  4. jester6i Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Thanks DYNOBOB for providing the dyno information and suggestion. I am in the process of ordering the iBeat cable and will definitely try this out.
  5. SimpleOne Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    09 ZX-6R Trackbike
    God stuff thanks Jester. I was wondering what else the Arrow ECU does apart from fueling, i.e. does it have a more aggressive timing curve etc?
    Dyno mapping fueling on the PC 5 should be able to resolve the issue of it running to rich with the FMF pipe.
  6. jester6i Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630

I wonder what else the Arrows ECU does as well. Must adjust the timing. There was someone on here who said swapping out the TE ECU for the Arrows ECU made a big difference even with the stock pipes (and P/U kit/Baffle removal). I think I am going to try the FMF again. Will try it first with stock TE ECU and DYNOBOB's suggested settings. Will also try swapping in Arrows ECU to see if there is a noticeable difference. I will also check Arrows ECU/FMF combination with iBeat, though I am not really sure what that will reveal.
  7. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Old post here Bob but I'm wondering if you were ever able to compare fuel economy between the Leo and FMF equipped bikes?

While out in CO/UT last year my Leo equipped bike was providing better MPG than Dustin's FMF bike but we each had adjusted our fuel metering settings with a JD tuner through seat of the pants experimentation/knowledge.

After re-reading this thread you have me thinking that I should ditch the JD tuner and use the IBeat 110/110/120 setting you found favorable with your Leo testing.

I also have a FMF to install on my girlfriends SM630 and could just use the 108/108/116 ibeat setting instead of a JD tuner.
  8. Guoseph Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE501S
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda VFR800, KTM 525 EXC

Now that this thread has been dug up. What did you set for iBeat with your Arrow ECU and FMF combo? I have this set up and the bike surges slightly at lower rpms (I have spark arrestor installed in FMF).

Also, does anyone know if there is any difference in air flow between the different models of FMF pipes? All I know is mine's an FMF but I have no idea how to tell which one I have.
  9. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:

Riding together for two weeks in CO/UT it appeared that Jim (Leo/iBeat) was consistently getting just a bit better mileage than me (FMF/PCV). Generally one or two tenths less gallons then me per fill up. He's also geared shorter (15/50 vs. 14/42) and I weigh 80lbs less... go figure

10. SilverBullet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 300EXC, V-Strom650, Super Tenere
    Did you calculate mpg usage on any of those fillups? How does it compare to your mpg prior to any fueling system changes? Also prior to going closed loop? (I think it was you that resisted going power up mode for a good while)

_
  11. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    No, I've always run the PU kit (except for a couple dyno pulls). Before my PCV I saw 50-52mpg, with the PCV enrichment I've dropped to ~45-47mpg. Keep in mind I'm not a hair-on-fire rider like some of you guys. :)

MPG is what it is as far as I'm concerned... I'm not going to run my bike lean to get 52mpg.

The actual difference between his/my bike was never more than 1-2mpg max. (here's where we rode http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=941760 )

12. SilverBullet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 300EXC, V-Strom650, Super Tenere
    So about a 5mpg drop after enrichment. That is almost the same drop for me just I went from 40mpg to 35mpg. I'm not worried about mpg either and only track it as an indicator for other issues. Sure glad I have the Safari tank now as I'm not willing to feather the throttle to avoid gas stops.

_
  13. CJBROWN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 R1200GS
    Just got back from a Death Valley rally and put about 300 miles on it in mixed terrain and didn't notice anything different for fuel use.

I put the iBeat plus 106/108/115 per Bob, de-cat stock exhaust and air baffle out, PU, otherwise stock. Runs much smoother with proper fueling. Otherwise not much difference - still getting mid to high 40's.

Thanks for all the good advice Bob!
  14. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Bob,

Did you also set the TPS and WOT % on Jim's 630 with the Leo? If so what WOT % did you set it at? Did you ever check your 630 WOT % setting and/or change it?

I've searched and have not found a definitive answer on this setting for the 630 thus the reason for asking.
  15. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Both of our bikes were close enough that I didn't mess w/ them. I think mine was 0 at idle and 103 at WOT. Prob worth checking again since I'm approaching 5000 miles now.

16. David C. Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 SMS 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Honda Grom
  17. David C. Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 SMS 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Honda Grom
    Hey there, I'm new to the forum and new to a SMS630. I too like the look of the stock pipes and would be interested in modding them. Do you have a link to a DIY that you did on your pipes? My bike seems to run fine with the PU kit, but I would appreciate a little more from the pipes...thanks!
  18. CJBROWN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 R1200GS
  19. XR750 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 SMS630
    Newbie/lurker with SMS630 has read all EFI posts. Question for Bob and/or others: I modified my bike with P/U kit, removed air box maze and added some holes, and installed dual Jardine RT-94 mufflers with spark arrestor inserts in place of the cat equipped stockers. Elevation in Pittsburgh is 700-1400', a bit higher than Cincinnati. Dealer has iBeat but no dyno. Would it be safe to have them set to 108/108/116 along with TPS reset? Once the EFI is remapped, do you still use the P/U resistor, or put the O2 sensor back in and let the bike fine tune from there? Thanks
  20. CJBROWN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 R1200GS
    Settings yes. PU kit leave in - yes. O2 sensor no. ECU sensor will adjust for elevation and temp.

Really smooths out the motor and wakes up the bike on the top end. I'm just sorry I didn't do it a LOT sooner!