TE630 dyno results and thoughts

Discussion in '610/630' started by DYNOBOB, Apr 29, 2012.

1. larry belli Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    06 SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    09 Triumph Street Triple & HD XL883
    Yes, I bought the bike from Donald Cooper with 125 mi on it. He had a big harem of Italian bikes. That's why I bought the 610 over the 630. Ferracci took it right out of the crate to the shop. The dyno chart came with the bike. After talking to Don, I felt really great about the purchase and still do a year later.
  2. djc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    f800gs ktm200 r1200gsa
    001.jpg

had the bike dynoed this week, red line is stock & blue is with fmf,ehs in air box cover & power commander,53 hp &39 ft-lbs stock & 56hp & 44ft-lbs, havent ridden it yet cant wait.cant figure out how to make the picture bigger
    larry belli likes this.
  3. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    SuperTenere-GL1800-CBR900RR-KLX250S
    Larry, You found a hell of a bike there! Always nice to run across a "well heeled" guy getting rid of one of his toys. If would be helpful to mention the built motor if you're going to offer hp numbers though. It likely has 10 more hp than it did stock.

djc, Nice results! You found a ton of avg hp increase, it's going to ride like a different bike. Perfect example of dyno proven tuning results. People can argue about hp numbers but there's no debating you found a bunch of power. You've got me curious about opening up the intake tract. May have to make some pulls w/o the airbox lid sometime.

Thanks for sharing guys, this is why forums are great.

Here's an interesting article that came across my FB today from Brock. http://www.brocksperformance.com/brocknm/templates/?a=432&z=22

larry belli likes this.
  4. larry belli Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    06 SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    DYNOBOB, I should have mentioned the work done by Ferracci. The piston is 98mm, but there are guyz on here talking about getting 100mm piston. I don't know, but I don't think 98mm's is too radical. I think 100mm would be pretty radical.

You're right djc, there is a lot to be learned from the forum members!
  5. larry belli Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    06 SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    I guess the important factor is to get your bike on point. The maximum performance. forget about the numbers!
  6. MotAd Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM701
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Triumph Daytona 675
    My dyno tech did a run with the airbox cover totally off and he reckons it didn't make a difference so he didn't bother sticking more holes in it. Good job as it rains a lot over here in uk! We also don't get that extra maze thing in our air boxes over here so dunno. Be interesting to see if you notice a difference dynobob. Taking the whole side cover off is a good start to save you cutting holes in it if it doesn't make a difference. Look forward to seeIng what you find.
  7. KXcam22 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 SM630, 2017 300XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    08FZR6;07CRF450;98CBR900RR;02KTM200
    Sometimes its not just the airflow but how the air is directed into the TB. I recall reading a tech article where they measured the airbox pressure on a stock 1000cc bike with ram air (can't recall the brand). The pressure wave resonance readings in the airbox were amazing. Anything they did with that airbox made it slower. It may not be an issue using a single TB. Nice HP numbers. Cam.
  8. BaronVonDarrin Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 te630
    Other Motorcycles:
    wr250r, CL175
    anyone know where one can take their 630 to be dyno tuned in or near Philly /south jersey?
  9. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
  10. djc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    f800gs ktm200 r1200gsa
    hi finally rode the bike last week & was more so impressed with the smoothness & a lot less chugging in the higher gears & than the out right power,i was more interested in loosing the weight than anything else,however had a muck around drag with a 2010 690 & caught & passed it but stopped at about 130k or so,the 690 feels more powerful though{as i remember}
    DYNOBOB likes this.
  11. kirbybikes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Are you running the stock map with the FMF or are you using the FMF map? Hard to tell from the info provided. Looking forward to installing my PC V but need to figure out which map to run first. Have you compared with Ken Webb's map if he has posted yet?
  12. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Haven't seen Ken's map yet.

I'm running the map for a stock bike still. I tried +/- 5% fuel values from the stock map on the dyno and saw no improvement. I concluded the single FMF must flow very similar to the stock duals.

Edit: I don't remember seeing the FMF map on the Dynojet website before now, that may be Ken's map.

13. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR250R, GoldWing, Africa Twin
    I have to admit that I can't find my map! I pulled it out of the box to publish, but put it somewhere when my scanner stopped working. I'm looking......it's here somewhere.
  14. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Put my buddy's new (used) 630 on the dyno yesterday. PU kit, full LeoV, no airbox baffle, 1020miles. Someone had previously set the iBeat CO settings to 104/106/108 but the bike was still lean. We ended up at 110/110/120, found some hp on the big end and got rid of the decel pop. There was a range of ~118-121 that was pretty similar hp on the third number. His bike makes about 1hp more than my bike with a FMF slip on.

In hindsight, I maybe should have bought the iBeat before (instead of?) the PC-V. Get iBeat, find a dyno, and you can prob get 90% of a PC-V and be able to pull codes.

[IMG]

[IMG]

15. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

In your opinion does the single Leo system offer a bit more hp/torque than the FMF slip on (assuming stock airbox with no mods)?

Also does it appear that the single Leo system requires more fuel in comparison to the FMF slip on?
  16. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yes.

This is my FMF pull last Nov vs. his LeoV pull. I should have put my bike on right after his to eliminate air as a variable. In any event I do believe the Leo is the better system (as it should be). It also reinforces my belief that the FMF flows pretty much the same as the stock exhaust. It will be interesting to see how our mpg compare...

[IMG]
    Tinken likes this.
  17. SilverBullet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 300EXC, V-Strom650, Super Tenere
    Today I had my iBeat connected to calibrate my TPS and I remembered this post. I have always been very satisfied with my bike and no access to a dyno so I never tinkered with CO settings. Knowing that DynoBob's results above were done at approx the same elevation as me I decided to experiment. Previous settings 100/100/100, power up kit, FMF Powercore 4 pipe, airbox baffle removed, snorkle intact and EHS prefilter installed. I first set to 105/105/110 and wow the beast really woke up! First test spin I couldnt believe the extra punch, went back home and upped settings to 108/108/116 and wowser even more. Especially impressed with the extra high end pull. I was tempted to bump it up to 110/110/120 same as above but decided to leave it where it was until I can get to a dyno. My seat of the pants dyno says I just increased my hp by at least 10% maybe more. Now I will definitely find a dyno and do a few pulls to hopefully gain even a little more. Thanks Bob

_
  18. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    You may have found 10%. Jim's went up 6hp at 7k rpm and he started at 104/106/108. If you have an older laptop, the best $150 you can spend on a TE630 is to buy the iBeat adapter.

19. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS

You can get it to work with anything with Windows, even if you don't have a serial port. The USB to serial adapters work if you find the right drivers. I got Upstate Cycle back up and running when their tuning laptop took a dump and they had to upgrade.
  20. mekanik Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Any tips on purchasing i-beat from a dead stop, ie as not having a laptop or anything? I have a Te630 without any dealer support within 5 hour drive. Mine has the usual mods, full Leo Vince jd tuner etc. I have been contemplating changing to the power commander and finding the i beat hoping for a boost in power and economy. Technically this should happen if an oxygen sensor is still utilized.
    Any thoughts?