TE630 dyno results and thoughts

Discussion in '610/630' started by DYNOBOB, Apr 29, 2012.

1. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    SuperTenere-GL1800-CBR900RR-KLX250S
    My understanding is it has to be a 32 bit machine though. If you get the aftermarket iBeat adapter it plugs into a USB. http://semcodesigns.com/Products.html You can get the software from JTemple's Google drive for free.

2. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    Ah yeah, forgot that little bit :p I think they were actually on 32bit Vista, blah...
  3. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    I've had intentions of removing my power commander and putting the O2 back in to see what results I can get just enriching w/ iBeat. Theoretically it should fine tune from there if it's closed loop again. In any event, if I had it to do over I'd just get iBeat and not the PC-V. However, the PC-V was right on the money with the provided map, plug and play. That's an advantage if you don't have access to a dyno.

4. mekanik Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    No Dyno, however if I get an I-beat and run with an air/fuel gauge along with my JD tuner I should get close but that would require a lot of tinkering instead of riding. If you can only enjoy riding for 5 months I begrudge any tinkering time!
  5. WickedWill Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    some little red ones
    I been running a bazzaz Zfi on my 630.It came with 2 maps for a slip on exhaust,standard and race.I have gutted standard pipes.It was better but not quite right with surging in 3900-4100rpm.I then plugged in their self mapper and went for a ride.It builds a map as you ride kind of like on board dyno .Come back plug into computer hit stop ,retrieve,apply and all done.Made a big difference no more surging nice smooth power.
  6. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Can you grab a screen shot of what your final fuel values looked like?

7. WickedWill Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    some little red ones
    Screenshot, i am not that smart.
    Thats why i have simple bazzaz program.
    I can take a pic with my camera:)
  8. WickedWill Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    some little red ones
  9. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    Just goes to show how obnoxiously lean the factory fueling is.
  10. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Interesting that it's not adding much fuel at high rpm WOT. I wonder if those are % or an arbitrary scale?

11. WickedWill Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    some little red ones
  12. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS

What has he done to the bike besides gutting the cans? It might be running out of air at high throttle and high rpm. That might explain why it's not adding as much fuel as you might think.
  13. WickedWill Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    some little red ones
    Just gutted pipes and pu.
    Would it be worth putting a few holes in the airbox?
    I ride off road a bit and thru water so wasn't to sure on airbox mods.
    Don't know if i need much more power up top,the thing slips the clutch if you crack wot at 4500 to 5000 in 5th and 6th on the highway.Heard a few huskies do this but haven't been able to pinpoint the cause.
  14. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    You need to bleed the clutch master cylinder. With the bike cool, wrap a rag around the box reservoir and crack the phillips screws loose to let the excess oil out, then tighten it back down.

What is happening is that as the clutch wears, the slave cylinder holds less fluid and it's pushed up into the master. If you don't bleed it every once in a while, it will fill up and keep a small amount of pressure in the line.

I bleed mine a few times a season, only get a drop or two out each time, but it keeps it from slipping.
  15. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ good info there ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

(didn't know that)

16. SilverBullet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 300EXC, V-Strom650, Super Tenere
    I want to understand this better. The clutch slave actuator is spring loaded so I would think that when "at rest" or "un-engaged" it will hold exactly the same amount of fluid regardless of clutch wear. Wouldnt clutch wear only affect fluid level when in the "engaged" position?

_
  17. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    Under normal operation, the clutch actuator (slave) piston is resting against the pushrod. As the clutch wears, the pushrod will creep to the left, towards the slave, which will force the piston's resting position further back, leaving less volume for fluid. The fluid has to go somewhere, and unless your slave piston seal is leaky, that is back into the reservoir. If your reservoir was filled to capacity to begin with, and this goes on long enough, it will force the air out of the master reservoir and you end up with residual line pressure, which gets worse as the engine gets hot. That's what causes the clutch to slip in many cases.

If the slave had a spring return, and the slave piston neutral position didn't change with clutch wear, your engagement point on the lever would creep out, and the clutch would actuate sooner as it wore, but you don't see this happening.

ETA: A similar situation would be what we saw with CBR F4i motors in FSAE cars, we went through clutches fairly regularly with all the launches and such. They used a cable actuator, but as the clutch wore, you had to loosen the cable, or you would end up with constant tension on it, which would make it slip. The air volume in your reservoir is like the slack in the cable.
  18. WickedWill Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    some little red ones
    I had forgot about that. Last service it was flushed and refilled.Do all my own servicing now and will have to remember to check that each oil change.
    Thanks
  19. SilverBullet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 300EXC, V-Strom650, Super Tenere
    Thanks I think I understand now. I was confusing the spring inside the actuator that you press in order to install the circlip holding the assembly together.

_
  20. jester6i Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630

Very interesting thread. If the FMF single flows roughly the same as the stock dual exhaust, then would the 110/110/120 setting produce the same numbers with the stock exhaust ? (assuming P/U kit installed and airbox baffle out) Also, dual Arrows are thought to flow better than both the Leo and FMF singles. In that case the 3 settings can go up again? Curious as to what else the ECU that ships with the Arrows does.