TE630 dyno results and thoughts

Discussion in '610/630' started by DYNOBOB, Apr 29, 2012.

1. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    SuperTenere-GL1800-CBR900RR-KLX250S
    No doubt the Leo full system wakes the bike up and I agree, it appears it wants more fuel on the big end. I can't get my mind around a $1000 exhaust for this bike though...

I messed with the bike again today and am feeling a little better about things now. I wondered if I had a fuel issue and that turned out to be the case. The "Unleaded Fuel Only" sticker on the tank led me to believe that premium was unnecessary so I've been running regular unleaded (every other vehicle I own that requires premium says so). Everybody but me probably knows this is not the case. So I removed the 87oct and refilled w/ 93oct. Well that made a big difference. The bike is still lean but is much happier w/ premium. That made me wonder if it would like even more octane so I drained the 93oct and refilled with 100 LL (av gas) I keep around for my chainsaws. It also likes the 100 LL. Still need to add fuel but it's going the right way. NOTE: I'm not suggesting you run 100LL, I tried it because it has the effect of richening the bike up. The cats would not like the lead.

[IMG]

[IMG]

The other thing I did was test with/without airbox divider. No surprise the divider costs hp (but did smooth the curve).

[IMG]

So my best pull today was with the 100 low lead.

[IMG]

And finally I pulled the 630 and put the '09 KLX250S on. I was very happy with it making a little over 20hp. Everything I've seen reported said 17-18hp. Below is TE and KLX.

[IMG]
  2. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

do not use av gas

hopefully your use of 87 octane since new hasn't put a hole in the top of the piston crown from detonation
  3. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Why don't you like av gas?

Yeah, hopefully.
  4. MotAd Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM701
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Triumph Daytona 675
    looking better there dynobob :)
  5. maxyb Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630, classica 105
    Other Motorcycles:
    CB350, CD90z
    In regards to octane rating, I was told to only run premium, so i run 95 octane and 98 - or on the rare occasion 100 octane if i can find it (of course, i am in Australia and our regular is 91 octane)
  6. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    I use the highest octane I can get that doesn't contain ethanol.
  7. 1lunger Husqvarna
    AA Class

I feel dumb asking this, but don't all the gas stations sell gas with 10% ethanol? If not, what stations don't?

Edit: I just found out that over 5000 stations still sell pure gas, just not in Ct. I also found a cool app called pure gas for iPhones. It give you the 10 nearest stations + directions to them.
  8. 1lunger Husqvarna
    AA Class

9. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

10. CJBROWN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 R1200GS
    Geez, there are 5 (FIVE GODDAMMIT) in CA that are 'pure' gas stations. ;)
    And NONE of them are anywhere near the LA basin.

No wonder gas goes bad in a couple of weeks. The carbs are the worst. I'm going to invest in pilot jet stock. :lol:
  11. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    If you're not using the O2 sensor or the catalyst there is no reason to run unleaded fuel (outside of befriending the tree huggers). Mix some 110VP or 110 Sonoco with no alcohol 93 pump, you will like the results and your valves and valve seats will thank you for the lead.
  12. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    In this area, we typically have 3 grades to choose from:

87 (pure gas)
    89 (10% ethanol)
    91 (pure gas)

There are some stations that put 10% ethanol in their 91 octane as well as the 89. If that's all that is around, I use 87.
  13. 1lunger Husqvarna
    AA Class

So I just check the app and I can't even make it to the nearest station on a tank of gas. Just my luck
  14. 1lunger Husqvarna
    AA Class

I can't even get ethenal free, never mind leaded gas...
  15. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    The app is crowdsourced and is pretty sparsely updated, at least in my area. It also gives no provision for adding locations. So, if you can't update it from your phone, how can they expect a bunch of data input?
  16. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

not to side track this thread anymore than it is, but here is a map of all pure gas stations

http://www.pure-gas.org/extensions/map.html

when I get a chance I'll post the Leo Vince dyno chart which, needless to say, differs tremendously from those already post. But what is also different is where the motor is making (rpm range) max torque and hp.
  17. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Interesting, most stations in OH are marinas. None near me unfortunately.
  18. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    I get a notice on my phone for an app upgrade and it refreshes the data (I'm assuming) It might be up to the stations to notify puregas because I have found no ethanol stations that were not on the app.
  19. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    I get my VP110 from a machine shop that builds racing engines but I have bought Sunoco 110 from a NAPA parts store. If I were you I'd ask around, I guarantee local drag racers aren't using pump fuel or they would be going through race engines like toilet paper.
  20. CJBROWN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 R1200GS
    Seems to me when this ethanol thing really got going the boaters were trying to get the marinas exempt because the fuel is so hard to stow onboard. Phase seperation is just awful and it corrodes the marine engines. Makes a real mess of things. If you think its hard to live with for bikes it's way worse for outboard motors.