TE630 dyno results and thoughts

Discussion in '610/630' started by DYNOBOB, Apr 29, 2012.

1. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    My local shop bought a 64 bit win7 laptop a while back, but they had a serial i-beat cable, so we picked up a usb serial adapter and it worked with the right drivers.
  2. Philthy Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yammy WR250f
    Just in the process of converting the stock cans, I presume I can take the bike to a husky dealer and ask them to change the numbers to 108 108 116?. Would you expect these numbers to be 100 100 100 as stock ?
  3. CJBROWN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 R1200GS
    With my basic understanding of this system, I'll try to explain...Bob will likely come along and clarify.

It's unlikely your dealer will have iBeat. The EFI unit is a Mikuni so the dealer will have something proprietary for reading and setting the ecu. In CA it's a $10K fine for changing the ecu - it affects CARB regulations for pollution certifications.

As I understand it iBeat is a program developed by aftermarket tuners that works with the husky ecu/efi. And yes, stock settings is 100/100/100 - it's a baseline for the fuel mixture at the three throttle positions - idle, mid, and full throttle. Increasing the number is a percentage increase over baseline.

IIRC I set mine at 16/108/115 with gutted stock cans, stock airbox with baffle removed.

It is also my understanding that aftermarket tuners like JD and power commander have more throttle position settings, for example I think there are 5 on the JD box. They plug into the ecu and override its settings. It's also been found on the dyno that the extra positions settings are unnecessary. At least that's how I understand it.
  4. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    SuperTenere-GL1800-CBR900RR-KLX250S
    Actually the Mikuni diagnostic software the dealers use is iBeat, we're all using the same software. The difference is, the factory cable is a serial interface instead of USB. You're right though Chris, the dealer may be unwilling to adjust the fueling, I'd say it depends on the dealer...

Philthy, I'd recommend you go with 100/106/116. Looking at three different custom maps that Dynojet has built, our bikes don't need to add fuel down low. They just need a little added in the middle. Third number could be anywhere from 116-120, if you can get on a dyno, it will tell you the optimum number.

5. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS

Kinda...

The JD still has three zones, just like I-beat.
    What it has on top of that are two settings for changing the RPM at which each zone comes into effect, essentially changing the transition points. Then there is the 6th setting, which adjusts the throttle enrichment based on how quickly you open the throttle, to prevent stumbling and increase throttle response based on how much air you can feed it.
  6. Philthy Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yammy WR250f
    Thanks for that, what I'm aiming for is to blank off the left can and keep it for tools and storage. The right side I'll do the RDTCU flow through version with perf pipe. Maybe I should dyno and check how rich or lean its running after the conversion before fiddling with numbers?. I assume a stab in the dark at the numbers based on the discussion here will be a step in right direction if the bikes are typically lean. So does the dyno result indicate if the bike is running lean or is it a seperate probe that works it out?
  7. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    Do you mean keep the left can and dummy the right can? No reason to have that crossover.

And you'll probably be close to FMF settings with a single open can.

And yes, the A/F monitor will be separate from the tuner, unless you get a PCV with autotune, which runs closed loop. Most dynos have a tailpipe sniffer to give you the A/F ratio.
  8. Philthy Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yammy WR250f
    Thanks RD, DB and CJ making sence.
    The left side will be the dummy, understand the crossover is overkill but with the TE being occasionally thrown at the ground offroad I like the extra structure there. I presumed also , that the exhaust would be quieter not travelling straight? might be wrong but its experimental so not too worried. I have two blanks welded between the hot side and the dummy can with a few air holes between so hopefully the heat won't travel too far.
    Another gumby question, sorry - So using the A/F meter and the stock ECU with the three setting should I aim for three rev ranges and assess A/F for each, say 2000, 4500, 7000 and then adjust the ECU numbers accordingly then retest?

Cheers
  9. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    That will depend on what RPM range each of the zones covers, you'll have to keep an eye on the tuner and see when it goes to yellow and then red, under load, and check the A/F then.
    Philthy likes this.
  10. kirbybikes Husqvarna
    AA Class

11. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    It's pretty similar to Dynojets results. Take a little fuel out or don't add much in low/mid, add a good bit on the big end.

[IMG]
  12. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    I currently have my 630 at 110-110-120. I am going to set it to 105-110-120 and probably leave it there. It starts easy, the same as it always has. The extra fuel in the mid and top really wakes the bike up. It fookin' revs like a beast now. :thumbsup:

I was recently riding the 630 on the pavement and pulled over for an ambulance behind me. I was a couple cars back from the intersection as it went through it, as the light was changing green. I didn't want to get stuck behind the cars and grabbed some gears to get out in front of them. I guess I grabbed quite a bit as I ended up wheeling past the cars and through the fat multi lane intersection. I wasn't scared of the wheelie but of the spectators, so I just hung on the ambulances tail until I got to the next gas and go road. Probably best I only ride dirt bikes. :busted: (Please don't flame. I had no intention of lifting the front wheel, it just happened as the 630 is that good.)
    octagon pilot and grinder96 like this.
  13. dirtyrhode Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te630
    Hello fast1, I live in minneapolis and am in need of a tuning.im having a hell of a time finding someone that has a dyno and ibeats so if you could be of service for a seat of pants tune that would be better than driving all the way out to halls cycle in IL. Hope to hear back, THANKS.
  14. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    You might want to PM him on ADV also.

15. dirtyrhode Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te630
    W
    what is PM and adv meen? thanks
  16. Thumperama Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Husaberg, Ducati, Triumph, Aprilia
    PM = Private Message (click on their forum name and select "send them a private message" from the drop down menu)

ADV = Advrider.com - Adventure Rider Motorcycle forum
  17. dirtyrhode Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te630
    Th
    Thanks for the info.
  18. dirtyrhode Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te630
    Can someone re-post the link to downlaod ibeats for free. I found the link to buy the cable but not the free download. Thanks
  19. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    I'm uploading to my Dropbox, going to take a bit - 116mb

20. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles: