Staintune Exhaust System

Discussion in 'TR650' started by Quirky, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Quirky Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    R1200GS
    Megatiker, you seem to be an opportunistic bastard.
    I choose to respect your GPR exhaust thread by not posting or selling the Staintune system details or posting information regarding GPR's failing mounts. I don't really have any financial gain or benefit in this whole game, I really don't care about it all that much but just a little respect and self dignity would be nice for a change.

Rant over..... and ready for the public stoning to begin.

Cheers

Q
  2. ozav8r Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW R1150GS, BMWK1200RS
    Steady on there Quirky! I really don't think that Megatiker has the same sense of "brand-protection" that you have, and I don't think Megatiker meant any harm or treading on anyones toes. I honestly think he is just enthusiastic about the exhaustS (in plural) and wanted to highight a particular attribute of the GPR-pipes for comparison with the Staintune. I gather he doesn't have a horse in the race anyways, and he certainly seems to be a first-class fellow that has helped out some English speakers with Italian translations / contact people at the Italian GPR factory. I am most probably going to go the Staintune way as I like to support local manufacture whenever possible. I think it is awesome that Staintune can manage to keep manufacturing exhausts in Australia and I think that both products are well-regarded and in the end it can only be to our benefit to have a choice in the matter. Still waiting for the first user report!!
  3. ozav8r Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW R1150GS, BMWK1200RS
    Also Quirky - I do apologise if I came across as censoring your rightful sense of entitlement to ownership of this thread. I really appreciate your gesture in lending Staintune your bike for the benefit of others and for multiple posts and good advice on this this and other threads. Was just saying to perhaps cut him some slack, as I don't think he sees the commercial element of the discussion in the same way as you. And as english is not his first language, I think the Google translation of "opportunistic bastard" might give him a different idea than what you had intended;-)
  4. Quirky Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    R1200GS
    Yeah your right. I'm sorry for that rant. Will do none of us any good, I thought I'd previously seen that photo in this thread before and thought yep standard old pissing contest. It doesn't really matter to me if GPR has the thickest material the lightest weight (1.8mm thick, what type of material are the GPR made from?) and probably even lower noise levels. The Staintune will never need repacking, has a better mounting system and is stainless steel.
    I didn't think that through properly and really stuffed up. Yeah and incase you don't know "bastard" certainly has a more endearing meaning when used in Oz! Sorry Megatiker.
    vodka and ozav8r like this.
  5. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR250R, GoldWing, Africa Twin
    The GPR can looks good and I really think the low weight would be beneficial but the need a much stronger mounting system, preferably using both stock mounts instead of one band. The way I use my bike the small band will never hold up.
  6. megatiker75 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki ZX6R 2001
    Hello everyone, first of all I apologize if I have not well understood why I was given the opportunistic bastard. In Italian it is in fact a very bad expression, but probably in English / American has another meaning. However, I want to clarify that I have no gain in advertising GPR. I do it with the spirit of bringing to you about a product that is unlikely you will find them advertised. For those who do not know I was the contact la'azienda GPR (which is far from my home 150 km) I left the bike for a long time to get them up to prepare a discharge, at the time, nobody in the world had yet built . Many of you have understood the meaning of it and rejoiced with me when I agreed to develop GPR exhaust for our bike. What you need to know in Italy has sold very little and so many other companies have given me a negative response on the production of parts for our bike.
    Think about how little I understood, until very recently, trying to translate these pages, I had not yet clear that Staitune was a brand of motorcycle exhausts, I was convinced it was the power commander type units. Only after reading the last post I realized that it was discharged from the bike. And when I read a comment from a guy who said that they were too heavy compared to the thickness, I thought I'd take time to familiarize yourself to the fact that GPR it was more light. I apologize again if I offended anyone or damaged. If you feel the photo gate ok?I hope that you believe my good faith, I am only interested to find and be able to help you find the best for our bikes and our tastes. Think about that last week I tried to contact a company that makes suspension, they too would have developed for our bike, but I gave up because it is 450 KM from my house and I have even made to pay almost full price development.
    Sorry if I have dwelt, but I want to keep a good relationship with you. This forum is great. Really!! Hello to all you guys!!
  7. ozav8r Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW R1150GS, BMWK1200RS
    Good on 'ya Quirky - classy response!
  8. megatiker75 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki ZX6R 2001
    Quirky , since you do not answer me I took initiative, I prefer deleted the photo. Sorry again :cheers:
  9. Engenia Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Benelli Tornado Novocentro Tre
    I spoke to Adam this morning.
    10 Staintune exhausts are entering the polishing room today. Once out, and undamaged (occasionally one is dropped:eek:), those with orders pending will be contacted.
    I'm expecting an invoice in my inbox tomorrow .........
  10. nwrider1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    Too many to list
    So, they've only made enough to supply those that have placed orders and not any extra for those on e-mail lists to be notified when they're available?
  11. mag00 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra, Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR250 R1100RS CH50
    I just want to say the name Stain Tune is a bit confusing.

Pictures and videos please :D

I'm waiting on parts, not exhaust, but I have the pre Christmas jitters too.
  12. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR250R, GoldWing, Africa Twin
    Maybe I'm not spending enough time on the Staintune website, but I haven't been able to figure out how to order. Can't "click" on the new product, no "cart", so what am I missing?
  13. nwrider1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    Too many to list
    I don't think you're missing anything --- the website is incomplete. If they want to sell something they should debug it first.
  14. Engenia Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Benelli Tornado Novocentro Tre
    Staintune won't sell something they don't have, which is why you can't buy the exhaust off of the website just yet.
    The website IS complete given the current stock, but I expect changes to the website as soon as they have the TR650 exhausts for sale. This is what Adam told me a week ago. You will then be able to click on the Husqvarna product and add it to a cart, in the same way that you can purchase any other product they have for sale.
    They have email orders, apparently, and I've been bugging them for three systems since February, so I expect they will supply us first, then make it freely available to everyone else.
    As I understand it, the current production run includes extras, so don't fret. It really IS coming.

Staintune, Stain Tune? Try reading it as Stay-In-Tune
    See page 4 of this thread for pictures - http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/staintune-exhaust-system.39576/page-4
  15. glitch_oz Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Strada
    Sounds like if I'll have a go tomorrow afternoon and quickly knock up a single-sider out of that spare Daytona can floating about the garage, I'm still first over the line, aye?
    :p:p
  16. ozav8r Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW R1150GS, BMWK1200RS
    I'd like to see that:applause:
  17. glitch_oz Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Strada
    Don't tempt fate, hehe
    It started off with a banged up V-Strom 650 (write-off) and a Staintune for a Yamaha TT600, a GSXR1000 fairing and a Honda 600RR tail piece.

[IMG]

....and ended like this:
    Crashbars from some old KLR650 bits and the old, bent handlebar...
    hand-moulded body panels....
    and dozens and dozens of once-off bits made from god-knows-what, hehe.

[IMG][IMG]

[IMG]

Another build with a Laser TwinShot Stubby made+sold for a Yamaha R6/ R1

[IMG]

[IMG]
    mag00 likes this.
  18. drzcharlie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Fayetteville, Arkansas with my Redheaded Mistress
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Burgman 650 (The Barcolounger)
    Great looking bikes.
  19. glitch_oz Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Strada
    Just a bit of fun.
    Still got that Honda-gold coloured one.
    That Laser went like stink, but boy, it took the paint of the wall in the high-rpm's.
    NOT neighbourhood-friendly :o
    It's wearing a Staintune-can nowadays...one of a pair made for the Triumph Sprint.
    The other can is hanging off a KLR. Both are doing just fine. :thumbsup:
  20. ozav8r Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW R1150GS, BMWK1200RS
    They're fine works of art-in-motion!!