Staintune Exhaust System

Discussion in 'TR650' started by Quirky, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Engenia Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Benelli Tornado Novocentro Tre
    So it's just a TPS Reset that's needed.
    My dealer, Dahlitz does this as part of the de-restriction procedure.
    Hopefully one day soon the GS-911 will be able to talk to the TR650 ECU and I'll be able to check this myself.
  2. ozav8r Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW R1150GS, BMWK1200RS
    Vey interesting information. I have just bought a 2013 Terra that had been de-restricted by the dealer in Sydney, but has not had a Moss session (as evidenced by the "MAP-2" showing during power-up apparently). I have a Moss session booked at MotoGC here in Melbourne next week, so it shall be most interesting to drive it home and see how "light" that front wheel will feel on the way home;-)
  3. Engenia Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Actually, it's a bit more than a TPS reset. I talked to a tech from the Aussie importer yesterday, and he said that it is a two part procedure
    1. reset the TPS - closed throttle
    2. then WOT to set the maximum position
    If #2 is NOT done, the ECU defaults to 75%, which is the restricted maximum position. It explains why a TR with the mechanical butterfly restriction removed will still not make maximum power.
    When #2 IS done, the ECU will increase to 85%. It won't ever show 100%, apparently.
  4. ozav8r Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW R1150GS, BMWK1200RS
    Thanks Engenia! I will bring this up with MotoGC on Wednesday, and with a bit of luck, they will know what "WOT" means, cause I'm clueless (nothing new there.....) Will report back how it runs - still got to do the Boosterplug though....
  5. AUS_TR650 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    2008 KLX250S
    Wide open throttle
  6. Quirky Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    R1200GS
    It's been an experiance learning all the ins and outs of this damn bike.
    Currently dialling back the settings on the AF-Xied now, (setting #3) resulting possibly in better fuel economy, more top end power for sure and no ill affects elswhere. It now could mean that the AF-xied doesn't produce benefits on our Husky's. Still learning.....

Cheers,

Q
  7. ozav8r Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW R1150GS, BMWK1200RS
    WOT - a new one for the vocabulary:-)
    Moff69 likes this.
  8. megatiker75 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki ZX6R 2001
    I do not know if in America you updates different from ours in Italy. But my bike has had an update last week and moss MAPII the writing is still on the display
  9. Engenia Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    When I switch mine on, MAP II the frost and spanner symbols are displayed briefly, along with every other segment on the display. This is standard practice for any LCD (called a POST - Power On Self Test) and informs the user of any failed segments, providing he knows what should be there. It's what remains displayed that is important.
    In my case, MAP II does not remain displayed after the POST.
    Does anyone know what MAP II signifies?
  10. ozav8r Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW R1150GS, BMWK1200RS
    My head is still spinning after I have just (as in 5 minutess ago) having read through #4167 posts on the "Stupid Question thread" over on ADVRider, as well as a lot of the info on this site. I am almost sure that someone who (at the time I read it) sounded very credible, said that MAP II displayed during power-up, was really only meaningful on the NUDA, and if it was displayed on the TR650, was an indication that the ECU had not had an appoinment with it's maker (MOSS). Let me re-trace my steps, and see if I can find a reference to this, or if I dreamed it all up.
    Moff69 likes this.
  11. Baddrapp Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    I just checked mine and it shows map 1.
  12. nev.. Terrarist

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 XT1200ZE

The dash was originally made for the Nuda model. The Nuda has 2 power modes. MAP I and MAP II. One is normal, the other is for riding in the rain. The "M" button which has no useful function on the TR (aside from changing the time) switches maps on the Nuda.
    snail_72 likes this.
  13. megatiker75 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki ZX6R 2001
    You can put a photo of the display by MAP 1?
    However confirm that the written MAP II disappears after successful ignition on my bike.
  14. Baddrapp Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    I was wrong. I guess I need to wear my reading glasses. I took a picture and enlarged the photo. It shows map 2 is indeed installed. Getting old sucks.
    megatiker75 and Moff69 like this.
  15. megatiker75 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki ZX6R 2001
    ha ha ha great :cheers::thumbsup::cheers:
  16. ozav8r Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW R1150GS, BMWK1200RS
    Sorry - seems that I was talking though my neck earlier.. Just got back from MOSS and MAP II still shows, as part of initialisation / power-up. Good news though - HO-CHI-MAMA!! the thing goes better -MUCH better!! Idles evenly now (very reluctantly before, much stronger acceleration through mid-range, and a surge of power at 5-7000 RPM that definitely wasn't there this morning. I'm sure it still needs a richer mixture at low RPM's and have bought a WukaKing from Canada, and will get that installed in a couple of weeks. I'm liking this bike better and better, and can't wait to go camping once I get my panniers. Realising that I jabber on in a thread titled "Staintune Exhaust System", so apologies for the sidetracking. They (Staintune) DO sound good though, they should save some considerable weight over the double OEM's, and will free up some space for tools. I will definitely look into getting one, as soon as they become available.
    Quirky likes this.
  17. Quirky Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    R1200GS
    Makes a difference aye. Nearly as subtle as a blow to the head with a sledge hammer. :D
    Wish I'd known all this much earlier.
  18. nwrider1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    Too many to list
    All is still quiet from the StainTune front.
  19. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR250R, GoldWing, Africa Twin
    Not completely quiet; I received a message putting me on the list for a unit when available. The bike is pretty heavy, and will still be that way after going to a single exhaust, but that and a lithium battery will take some off the top. I dropped 20 pounds this way on my TE630 and my fingers are crossed that something similar will happen with the 650. It is quite an expensive pair of mods so hopefully there will be some benefit.
    PaulC likes this.
  20. Baddrapp Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    My email has been unanswered. Has anyone received a price quote?