Staintune Exhaust System

Discussion in 'TR650' started by Quirky, Jan 20, 2014.

1. nwrider1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    Too many to list
    Thanks to Quirky for the 10 days of abstinence he's about to embark on during the height of the riding season in OZ. I hope his sacrifice will be worth it!
    Quirky likes this.
  2. Quirky Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    R1200GS
    Well as of Friday afternoon staintune now have my bike. They seemed rather keen to get it on the Dyno and get working on it. I hope it will be worth the 17hrs or so of driving through Sydney (Shitney) 4 times. They should come up with something real nice and all will be worth while.
  3. nwrider1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    Too many to list
    I hope they'll let you look at the before and after HP/TQ graphs from the Dyno runs. I'd like to keep the broad TQ curve of the stock system -- a bit more of both HP/TQ would be the best possible outcome.

So the 10 days of abstinence started Friday and runs through the next weekend? Then, I'm sure it'll be awhile before they can get them into production.
  4. Quirky Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    R1200GS

10 days. 11 days. 12 days. Close......... but not finished yet.

Arrrgh......Stuff it! I've just changed wheels and knobby tyred the r1200gs for a much needed ride this weekend. This also means I cant pick my Terra up for another 10 days.
  5. run-it Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    '04 Guzzi V11
    I hope you don't scratch that expensive beast that's what the TR is for.:)
    Quirky likes this.
  6. nev.. Terrarist

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 XT1200ZE

Hahaha. The truth of Australia (don't tell all those folks in the northern hemisphere though, they'll all want to come here) is that there is no "riding season". The weather in the southern half of Australia is probably comparable to SoCal, and in the northern half is probably comparable to Florida. Snow is mostly limited to a few mountains around the Vic / NSW border and only puts a few choice roads out of action for a few weeks each year, depending on the snow season. Some years the only skiable snow on the best skifields is manmade. There is almost no day of the year that is not suitable for riding in 99% of the country (temperature wise that is, can't promise it won't rain).
    vodka, Darman and Quirky like this.
  7. Quirky Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    R1200GS
    It's still happening. This 10 day long TR abstinence is dragging on just a little, and is now heading for a month long duration.
    Unfortunately a few of lifes events have held the R&D up at Staintune.
    It is basically done, but they need some play time with the TR on a Dyno. Turns out my homemade rear rack needs to be modified just a fraction. The cross bar across the back of the pannier frames is just a fraction high as the new pipe is a longer design.

[IMG]
    I'm really hopeful of getting a pic. sent to me later today.
  8. nwrider1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    Too many to list
    Thanks for the update, Quirky -- keep them coming as the situation develops!
  9. Quirky Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    R1200GS
    staintune TR rear.jpg
    TR staintune 1.jpg TR staintune 1.jpg TR staintune .jpg

It's finally getting done.
    Plan to pick the bike up on Tuesday, fingers crossed.
    Biff Malibu, nev.., Scutler and 2 others like this.
  10. Slowflyer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW R1150R Rockster
  11. AJM6000 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Harley Davidson FLTRX & Ducati 749s
    Looking good! When do you think they'll be widely available and how much! Had Staintune systems before and pleased they changed their mind and are coming to the party.
    nev.. likes this.
  12. kjackbrown Keep on keepin on.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    KLR650
  13. Baddrapp Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Looks like I am going to be buying a new exhaust. I like it so far. Looks great.
  14. TERRA-STORM Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    650 TERRA
    Good stuff Quirky, a single "Tune" awesome!! My future plans are to team one with a decent tool tube in the created space, a set of Barrett side racks, Rotapax, Nomadic top rack and an R&G tail tidy. That should just about have my rear end sorted.
  15. nwrider1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    Too many to list
    Sure hope it will fit with my Berg racks. I can hardly wait to hear a riding sound clip:applause:
  16. Baddrapp Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    I hope you can get the dyno numbers.
  17. Baddrapp Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    It looks awesome.
  18. Quirky Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    R1200GS
    I'll try finding out more information on Monday. I haven't really had the chance to follow this job up much. It's taken too long already and Staintune have been a little busy and I have politely taken on board a few broken promises.
    Hopefully on Monday they will confirm me being able to get my bike back on Tuesday.
    Pretty sure a fuel tank will not be done. However, I will ask about the dummy can option for DIY people out there and how long before some pipes can be produced. Hopefully price should still be circa $700AUD. I believe they were still experimenting with the pipe. Last aim was to reduce noise levels further, as without the restricter fitted and engine under heavy acceleration load (it barks a bit). The restricter stops the bark, but they want it quieter while unrestricted if possible. I don't see an issue with getting the dyno hp and torque information. Apparently no AFR information though (I'm really interested and asked already).

PS. 13 hour long weekend shifts suck! Goodnight all, gotta get keen and do it all again tomorrow.
  19. RidingDonkeys Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    67 Bonnie, 68 Tiger, 11 Ural........
    One word comes to mind: SEXY!
  20. 27rich Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 510, TR 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 990
    Quirky, since I made my own panniers and kept them nice and close to the original exhaust I would be very interested in how much fatter the can is compared to the original, mine sits extremely close to the heat shields. also did they give you a weight.