Staintune Exhaust System

Discussion in 'TR650' started by Quirky, Jan 20, 2014.

1. glitch_oz Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Strada
    They're getting the neighbourhood's pooches foaming at the mouth :lol:
    Oops, running away with the thread here...sorry!
  2. mag00 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra, Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR250 R1100RS CH50
    Thanks for the explayination, but I'm just jokin around

http://www.stayintune.com/
    http://staintune.com.au/
    http://www.youtube.com/user/StainTube

Or pronounce Stain Tune with a heavy Southern drawl, yawl, still a confusing spelling. Just sayin.

I have seen some stuff from Quirky.
    I still would like to see pictures as these come in, and installed and video. Unless yawlr chicken.
  3. Engenia Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Benelli Tornado Novocentro Tre
    My exhaust has left the factory and there are seven more ready to ship.
    With luck I'll get it on the bike this weekend.
    Quirky likes this.
  4. ozav8r Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW R1150GS, BMWK1200RS
    Very exciting and look forward to seeing / HEARING how this pans out! Wallet is getting ready for some action!
  5. nwrider1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    Too many to list
    Still no response to e-mails sent to StainTune. Perhaps they're taking care of their Aussie customers first -- and that's OK. However, it doesn't leave a good impression.
  6. msmith345 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '12 WR250, '92 360, '80 390
    Other Motorcycles:
    '72 Yamaha R5, '17 SV650

If you think about it, probably not a bad idea to run locals first. With some of the manufacturing tolerances of non-critical systems we've seen on this bike, I would imagine that they will need to adapt to that slop. Having a single bike to build from wouldn't capture those tolerances. So, it'd be much easier and quicker to ship out to the locals first, have them all try the fitment, pick up the phone and explain the problem, or swing by the shop, than to have orders flying back and forth with returns or fixes.
    Quirky likes this.
  7. nwrider1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    Too many to list
    No argument there, I would just be nice to get a direct response to inform those who've expressed interest.
  8. Baddrapp Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    I think it will require a telephone call.
  9. Engenia Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    I am in complete agreement with you. Communication hasn't been their strong point.
    In their defence though, in the last couple of days Telstra hasn't done them any favours. Their phones have been out, or dodgy, and their internet connection has been having problems.
    I'm hopeful that those issues have been sorted out by now. I'd like to see them succeed. They are a small company with capable people that produce quality systems which maximise available torque and power.

If you want to call Adam, do it between 0930 and 1500 Monday to Friday Australian Eastern Standard Time (GMT+1000). Their number is +612 4871 3188
  10. Quirky Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    R1200GS
    It would be best to ring that number in the morning 9.00-10.00am AEST. Best chance to catch Adam then. After lunch calls often go to the factory, where customer service isn't lets say a priority or a strong point. I remember asking Adam to send a system to "Engenia" first because he's sort of nearby to double check the jig. The jig was built from a rough fit in, my bike got a copy of this pipe and wasn't built or aligned from a jig. They didn't have the time to make a jig then and they had my bike 3 weeks longer than originally planned and feedback was hard to get.
    It would be a fair pain in the ass if you got the orders through to the USA without any of them fitting.
    My guess is why Adam hasn't responded would only be because he doesn't have the direct answers. A quick email acknowledging enquiries would be nice though aye?
    Good customer service is seemingly getting worse and worse in Australia.

The factory is small and relies on only around 4-5 people. They have allot of bike models and numbers to try and keep up with also.

Wonder if the good old flu is screwing up production.
    FYI Where I work and just happened last week, out of a crew of 80, 8 were on holidays and a further 19 phoned in sick. So we lost a 3rd of our remaining people due to illness.

It may not be a bad thing to wait and see how these first few systems go.
    They do make a bit of noise. Engenia, don't pull the restricter, you'll scare the locals.

Cheers,

Q
    ozav8r likes this.
  11. nev.. Terrarist

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 XT1200ZE
    AFAIK, Staintune haven't really had any direct customer service in the past. I think they never did retail sales direct and always required buyers to order through a shop. Maybe they're still learning about retail customer expectations.
    Quirky likes this.
  12. Engenia Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    It arrived today:D
    Staintune.parts.jpg
    Will have to wait for the weekend to fit it though. Work is getting in the way of fun yet again.
    snail_72, Moff69, PaulC and 2 others like this.
  13. ozav8r Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW R1150GS, BMWK1200RS
    Looks like a work of art! Love it!!:applause:
    Moff69 likes this.
  14. Lekolite Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Strada
    Will the AF-XIED improvements be learned away by the ECU's O2 sensor? Or is this unit somehow forcing a different AFR no matter what the O2 sensor says? I have the eruption but suspect its value will be "learned" away by the ECU.
  15. Baddrapp Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    I think the pcv is the only thing going to work at this point.
  16. Engenia Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Question: Do I watch another episode of Game Of Thrones or do I .........
    It took about 90 minutes. The hardest part was reinstalling the header. The second hardest was removing it. It had to come off since there is not enough room to slip off the link pipe with it in place.
    Otherwise, Staintune did a perfect job. Everything just slipped into position with good clearances all round.
    I haven't started it yet - it's half past midnight. The neighbours might not approve.
    Can't post any pics yet either, although I've taken some. Schockwave Flash is playing up on my PC.
    Moff69 likes this.
  17. Engenia Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
  18. ozav8r Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW R1150GS, BMWK1200RS
    You are a very considerate neighbor - I wouldn't have been able to help myself:banana:
    Would love to hear it, if you're able to make a recording of some sorts. Does it have a removable baffle by the way?
    Moff69 and mag00 like this.
  19. mag00 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra, Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR250 R1100RS CH50
    What he said /\ /\ /\ /\

Can you take a pick looking into the pipe?

Them staintune look like top shelf stuff.
  20. Quirky Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    R1200GS
    Far as I understand the ecu won't learn or tune out the AF-XIED because the lambda sensors information is being manipulated. With restricter removed, af-xied on setting 7 and riding my usual maniac pace and a 15T front cog I only got around 14km/litre. I also found that 163km/hr was about max. speed. Restricter back in setting 3 then got me 20km/litre with the bike would pull hard and easily to 168km/hr and maybe then some because I'm chicken and had the knobs flying off the rear 908rr tyre. Front tyre was a starcross hp4 and was solid.

Cheers,
    Q