1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Restoring 2011 Husky TE250

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by EUROJulian, Feb 22, 2017.

1. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The "throttle stop" affects the resistance reading along full travel of the throttle.
    The CDI uses that reading to adjust the mixture.

I really would not call it a "throttle Stop" is does not stop the throttle like a carb.
    it actually is a "potentiometer" resistance adjustment.

Set it to 102.3% at WFO
  2. EUROJulian Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250
    Definitely it is not a resistance adjustment. It is throttle angle adjustment and telling ECU where idle is, related to sensor output voltage.
    Definitely it is a mechanical throttle stop. It is stoping throttle from fully closing. There is also upper opening limit.
    Oops... got it accidentally... percentage open shown on Ibeat is measured not from fully closed to fully open throttle but from throttle stop to fully open. Ooo...
  3. EUROJulian Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250
    I wonder what you will say to that:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Txc ECU , LeoVince titanium, factory power up kit.
  4. EUROJulian Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250
  5. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Correct. My bad. It is reading MV not resistance. Are you sure that screw physically stops the butterfly valve? I've never had it apart. I thought the butterfly was fixed and the idle was controlled by the air bypass?

Whatever it is reading it it sending that reading to the ECU.

Set it to 102.3.
  6. EUROJulian Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250
    Yep, I am sure. Those kind if stops are set at factory and not meant to be messed with on grown up system. Grown up EFI would have IAC valve to control the idle. This little baby EFI uses combination of manual lever and adjustable bypass screw to do this on the cheap.
  7. EUROJulian Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250
    Been riding a lot. Few expiriences to mention. Bike takes itself apart faster than I can bolt it back. All subframe things need blue loctite. I was graphiting bolts for anti-size but since they are tiny there is not enough torque to keep them put. I am switching to thread locker instead and nuts with friction inserts whenever possible.
    I was full of crap not listening to suggestions to use 5w oil. I do lots of limestone gravel and feedback is substantial on my moler filings and apparently bolts.

[IMG]
    MotoXImage likes this.
  8. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I've never seen COs that lean on CO 1 and CO2....ever.

Do you have the TXC ECU with a green or yellow injector?

What is your WFO TPS? 102.3?

These COs indicate a TPS around 100.

It runs okay like that?
  9. EUROJulian Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250
    Yellow injector. TPS at 102.3. Runs without random stalling off throtle and bad flat spot up to 3000 rpm. Revs happily past 3000 rpm. Stable idle without hunting.
    I want to check fuel pressure before doing anything else, just need to put together inline gauge setup to drive with. I have components, Just lazy and riding a lot. I would check for opreating pressure to make sure is not to high and residual hold back that would indicate leaky injector.
    Still want to replace that fuel pump and filter but want to take pressure measurements of old pump first...
  10. MotoXImage Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 FE 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    2000 XR 400
    He's using the 6pt yellow injector.
    correction, it's a 4tpt
  11. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

okay.....if it runs okay that is all that matters.
  12. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I have the same set up pipe, injector and all...my CO's are 103 105 108.

Go figure...
    MotoXImage likes this.
  13. EUROJulian Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250
    Literally. I am not done with setting up the bike yet. I will run more diagnostics on mechanical side of fuel injection system.
  14. Xicobombas Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    '08 Kawasaki ER6N
    What are your RPMs when idle and hot engine ?
  15. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Hey, did you mention that the ECU was replaced by an ECU from a TXC250?

If so keep in mind the 2012 models of that bike are supposed to be pared with a 12 pt green injector.

....or did you mean the TE ECU has the power up resistor on it making it like the 2011 TXC250?
  16. EUROJulian Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250
    I have Leo Vince kit that contains exhaust and ECU that supposed to be made for 2010 and 2011 TE250. ... there is no information in paperwork that I need 12 point. In addition assuming that mechanical side of efi system operates within spec I am getting to much fuel, wouldn't 12 point make it worse?
    [IMG]
  17. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Yes! I believe so. I presume that reprogrammed ECU is supposed to work with a 4pt.

I am just puzzled what that ECU was supposed to do. Never seen it before.

I have the Arrow Ti pipe and a stock 2010 ECU.

Hey, if it runs good it runs good.
    MotoXImage likes this.
  18. MotoXImage Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 FE 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    2000 XR 400

Why would a performance pipe kit include an ECU for an injector that was not made for performance?
  19. EUROJulian Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250
    I know from my site searches that this exhaust was required prior to installing injector upgrade kit. If only we had guide for markings on Mikuni ECUs.... I do not think there is enough interest here anymore to pull outbsomething like that. Does anybody has contact on Italians in Varese?
    But I stray, wasn't 12 point with stock ECU running rich? Therefore isn't 12 point flowing more fuel that 4pt for the same dwell?
  20. Xicobombas Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    '08 Kawasaki ER6N

I have a Meo Replica, which means, has the full power kit and I still have the 4 pt yellow injector.
    I agree with you but maybe it's not needed, the extra performance would be hardly noticed.