1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Restoring 2011 Husky TE250

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by EUROJulian, Feb 22, 2017.

1. MotoXImage Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 FE 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    2000 XR 400

I had a JD Jet kit on my 2011 TE310. It was helpful but i still had the stock ECU. Once I added the 12pt it had a much improved gain but it wasn't until I added the Powercommander PC 5 that it went from a good improvement to a huge improvement. Recently I discovered that the cam assembly had installed the decompression pin backwards on the cam. Between the 12pt injector, decompression fix and the powercommander PC5 the biggest improvement came from the Powercommander. I can't say how much it would improve a 4pt but the combo of the PC5 and 12pt are substantial gains. As for the 8000H2929 TE ECU I don't know much other than a TE is normally going to get a more restrictive map. It may be possible that it was a special map designed for Leo Vince. So, I'd still say install the 12pt injector from Kawi for under $60 and the PC5 for a little over $300 and it should turn the bike into a wheelie machine.
  2. EUROJulian Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250
    I am pretty sure ECU is marked TXC and the part number 8000H2929 for the kit is the same for both TE and TXC 250, so I do not think there is anything restrictive about it. To be honest I am not shopping for more performance . For what I do I am quite satisfied. Bike is very quick to reach its chassis speed limit of 55 to 60mph and revs well. I would like to improve 3k drivability though. I want it to be smoother handling low throttle... I can do injector , just not sure if it will make difference in right direction.... But first things first , fuel pressure check.
  3. Xicobombas Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    '08 Kawasaki ER6N

Have the same problem, had at 2800 now with WOT TPS changed to max 104%, have 2300, still too high.
    Is it hard for you to find the neutral when riding ?
  4. EUROJulian Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250

Not sure if I understand. You are referring to idle speed right? I am not concerned about idle rpm at this point but how engine behaves under load up to 3000k. Its not smooth and happy in that rpm range. When I correct that then I will be happy. With higher co numbers it would not run up to 3k under load. Dying, choking and rapidly gaining rpm past 3k point/clearing up. It is manageable now but not really perfect, the way I would like it to be.
    Is yours behaving similarly?
  5. Xicobombas Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    '08 Kawasaki ER6N
    I'm asking about neutral gear, it's pretty hard for me to find that neutral when riding.
    And that is connected with the idle RPM. When you have them so high, using the gear pedal to reach neutral gear is a PITA.
  6. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

That is my understanding.

Folks on this site just installed the 12pt and left the stock 4pt ECU in place.

I think it was rich and they tweeked it with the power commander.
  7. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

My 2010 TE250 runs perfect with the stock 4pt setup and a TI Arrow full system that looks and sounds just like the LV. Keep in mind I also own a 2012 TXC310 with the 12 pt setup, so I can compare.

It idles around 2250 rpm, pulls clean all the way, does not stall, and kick starts with one smooth top to bottom kick hot and three kicks cold. About 4k miles on the motor. Keep in mind the idle like to be kept hi to avoid the flame outs. Use the clutch on the 250.

The biggest improvement was the exhaust. The 310 12pt is more powerful and revs quicker. The 4pt 250 feels more like a slow revving 4- stroke. Good for poor traction.
  8. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

That choking and stalling is not normal.

Those 85 COs 1-2 are odd too.

Are you sure the restrictor is out of the airbox?

It comes stock with a big plastic cover under the airfilter.

It also needs a resistor installed in place of the O2 sensor.
  9. Xicobombas Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    '08 Kawasaki ER6N
    Just check the full power instructions file.

Attached Files:

10. EUROJulian Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250
    Yes I am sure. Bike has dealer installed power kit. Also bike is not stalling on current settings. One thing I was hinting I need to check is fuel pressure and pump. PO told me that he did replaced fuel pump. I do not know by whom and what parts were used. I am thinking fuel pressure may be to high. I will do this check and pump replacement once I am ready to put bike out of service for silicone hoses instal
  11. EUROJulian Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250
    Not harder than on my other bikes, w/o neutral assist
  12. MotoXImage Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 FE 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    2000 XR 400

The testing by Leo Vince was done with the 12pt injector installed. Your wasting your time trying to get the 4pt to work.

13. EUROJulian Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250
    Well, greens are like 130 bucks right?
  14. MotoXImage Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 FE 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    2000 XR 400
    I bought mine at Malcolm Smiths. Seems it was right around $60. Its the same green one as Husky''s . I'm guessing you saw the green one in the video. BTW, thanks for not taking my comment the wrong way. Looking back my comment could have had a better tone.

Just checked the net and it's now $72.18 .

Click the link below to see the pic of the 2011 4 point Yellow next to the Kawasaki 12 point Green with the part number

View attachment 69314
  15. EUROJulian Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250
    It is worthed to try. Thanks for the link.
    MotoXImage likes this.
  16. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

yup

Buy the Kawi injector.
    MotoXImage likes this.
  17. EUROJulian Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250
    Weekend Losses, burned hole in my riding pants, got flat in rear tire

Gains, installed heat shield that arrived day late to prevent hole in the pants.

Those dirty bikes are lots of work....
  18. Xicobombas Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    '08 Kawasaki ER6N
    Anyone knows where can I order this injector in Europe ?
  19. EUROJulian Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250
    [IMG]

510 heat shield installed. 20 bucks economical solution to pants hole problem with Leo Vince exhaust.
  20. EUROJulian Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250
    Any kawi dealer should be able to help you. Parts number provided by guys here is valid for ordering.