1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Restoring 2011 Husky TE250

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by EUROJulian, Feb 22, 2017.

1. EUROJulian Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250
    I am trigger happy, beside impact is what is on manual ilustration... seriously speaking torque is not necessarily the issue. Fitted conical joint needs to be properly degreased prior to resembly but first fitment checked and lapped if needed.[IMG]
  2. EUROJulian Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250
    Little progress to report, since old Sony won't read small disk I successfully uploaded driver from memory stick. Looks like cable is ready to be used. Hope to be able to download and fire up ibeat today evening
    MotoXImage likes this.
  3. EUROJulian Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250
    IBEAT All fired up. Connector didn't show up today. I connected obd2 to bike diagnostic connector using jumpers. Reseted TPS, ready for testing tomorrow

[IMG]
  4. EUROJulian Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250
    Woke up early, to early to bother nighbors with scooter noise. Cleaning time
    [IMG]

Moto is so clean now that I am looking to find some riding spot with clean dirt. I do not want to mess it up.
    [IMG]

What to use to spray bike for non stick "finish"? Cooking spray seriously?
  5. EUROJulian Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250
    Started playing with Ibeat.
    [IMG]

Still no connector in the mail today. Working with jumpers

[IMG]

Looks like I need less fuel at c1, went down to 98%. Throttle position keeps moving about, reseted twice when hot. Need to take Moto out for a ride outside neighborhood. After lunchtime....
    [IMG]
  6. EUROJulian Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250
    Phase 1 done and running;

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  7. EUROJulian Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250
  8. EUROJulian Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250
    My goal for phase 1 was to restore the bike to as new condition. This is now done. Week late but still happy to reach this milestone .

[IMG]
  9. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Set your TPS to 102.3 @ full throttle.

IGN on but motor NOT running.
  10. EUROJulian Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250
    I do not know how to do that. I cant find actual info on how to do full throttle adjustment. I found threads with people sharing their expirience with different values at WOT but not how to do it. I see throttle closure stop but nothing else on TB that can limit opening. I see how to set TPS for fully closed position with ibeat and I can read fully oppen angle on ibeat, it's 103.1 degree. Can you please point me to the description on how to set open throttle?
  11. EUROJulian Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250
    Got bored. Flywheel nut inspection

[IMG]

Like rock. Inspected factory assembly markings. Rechecked torque,
    "till red on face" spec. ( flywheel nut). No movement. Marked assembly check.. Checked pickup coil and stator bolts. Checked OK. Greased worm drive thread.

[IMG]

Big boy way to hold pulleys.
  12. EUROJulian Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250
    Yes, I know... but it was on sale

[IMG]
  13. EUROJulian Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250
    Bored while in possession of angle grinder...

[IMG]
  14. EUROJulian Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250
    Checking what TPS combo has inside...

[IMG]

Dirt, cleaned, blowed ports in TB

[IMG]

Cleaned sensor, conditioned orings with silicone.
  15. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

It's been a while.
    At 103.1 your idle might be a little low. Should be 102.3%

In I-beat.

Go to the TPS section.

"Read" and then "set" should be around 977mv or so.

There is a "big screen" or "large monitor screen" button....something like that. Hit it and the screen changes.,

At the top it will show the throttle percentage (%).

With the IGN on motor warm and the engine Off, open the throttle all the way. The throttle % should read 102.3% at WFO.

You adjust that with the tiny allen screw and lock nut under the plastic TPS cover under the idle screw. Right side of bike under the kickstart lever. every adjustment you make you have to "read" and reset again until it is correct.

Take a look in the EFI section of this site. There is a 2010 TE250 TPS thread or "the I-Beat thread"

It's all in there.
  16. EUROJulian Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250
    I am not getting how adjusting closed throttle stop will affect wide open reading? What I am missing?
  17. EUROJulian Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250
    Finished adopting VLV cable to Mikuni/Husky specs:

Connector used as diagnostic interface in my bike is
    AMP Econoseal 6 Position Waterproof Connector. It fits wires from .5mm - 1.25mm (22 - 16 AWG)and lock terminals in place.
    For my Japanese connectors I use eastern-beaver that is located overthere but this time I used local guy as I was hoping for faster delivery. It wasn't faster...

[IMG]

I bought two connectors because cover on my bike female connector was missing, I assembled it without terminals to work as a cover. Basic terminal/connector tools are required for assembly, soldering iron, crimping pliers and terminal removal tool.

[IMG]

I opted for side cable to be able to retain OBD2 functionality of the VLV. Total cost of the converted cable was 24 dollars.
  18. EUROJulian Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250
  19. EUROJulian Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250
    P owner indicated he replaced fuel pump. Since I am basically done with everything time to look at that job.

[IMG]

I had good expirience with this product and local supplier during my SV1000 restoration last year. SV kit was really well tought of , with pump, strainers, in tank connector pigtail and soft line connecting throttle bodies. I end up needing every single piece.
    Husky kit has less pieces included. Just a pump and bunch of strainers.

[IMG]
    Went riding today instead of messing with the fuel tank, perhaps I will start tomorrow....
  20. EUROJulian Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250
    Even that I was able to adjust to the sugested WOT angle I still do not know what I am missing. How this is possible, WOT reading changes without actual WOT opening angle changing. Anybody?