1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Restoring 2011 Husky TE250

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by EUROJulian, Feb 22, 2017.

1. EUROJulian Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250
    I undrestood what you ment Ford. The amount of cold start wear is related to actual ambient temperature. If ambient is low oil viscosity is high and time for oil to reach furthest points of lube gallery is long, contributing to wear. In addition time for a engine to reach operational temperature is also prolonged. Another contributing factor is metal thermo expansion, and it's effect on tolerances in low ambient temperatures.
    In short "cold" start in hot weather causes much less wear.
  2. EUROJulian Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250
    I would do similar cleaning at overhauls with addition of injector tip soaking in cleaning solution overnight.

This bench method is not a replacement to what I do for on the vehicle injector cleaning that is done with engine running. I use Toyot cleaning solution that is very effective not only for injectors but also cleaning valves and combustion chamber.
  3. EUROJulian Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250
    Fork Job:
    Getting ready for fork job, got PJ 7.5W oil and OEM seals. Hope to pick up bike stand at Harbor Freight somewhere tomorrow. I think I did good on seals , I was below 40 bucks for both sets, I got them separately. I was upset to learn that Canadians get whole complete KYB sets with seals and metal bushings for less than half what we pay in US. That 40 Candian bucks vs 80 plus US. Robbery, plus Candians do not ship to US.
    Anyway, is there KYB parts catalog avaliable somewhere online? I would like to confirm parts numbers before starting the job...
    [IMG]
  4. EUROJulian Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250
  5. EUROJulian Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250
  6. EUROJulian Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250
    Sitting on my hands waiting for last piece to put bike out of service for a bit. Part should be here yesterday but tracking shows it going back and forth to fedEx hub. Something is up.
    Can't get plate for damn thing either, local tag agency is besieged by milions... like line goes around the building. Tried three times, all the same. My temp tag expire soon.

On positive side, ordered exhaust and ecu, impulse buying but deal was really good.... Riding the bike around alot, learning to operate little bugger, definitely fun mashine...
  7. gsxrbee Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 250 R `13
    Good luck
  8. EUROJulian Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250
    Now, water supply pipe cracked at my house. Young oak three was too aggressive growing. While I supervised yard dig out I did small adjustment on kick start lever. Lever was hitting foot peg at the end of travel, I thoug I want full stroke out of it.
    Seeing some corrosion after removal of the bolt I was expecting lever to be stuck, but it went down easly after some wiggling.
    Marked current location with paint and moved it forward a notch. Dressed up buggered level with file. Lever looks at home at new position.

[IMG]
  9. EUROJulian Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250
    Fuel Tank Removal: I understan some are reporting issue with broken plastic elbows when removing fuel tank. After looking at this connection it is apparent to me that is almost impossible to undo line from that end.
    Removing connection from the other side, throttle body side was rather uneventful. It is tight fit due to breather hose, just dirrect line downward and it will slide off...

[IMG]

[IMG]

Some other tips. Those plastic high pressure lines should be replaced every few years due to plastic becoming brittle and potential for cracking. Second old spark plugs make excellent plugs for rubber fuel hoses, there is a also special plug for high pressure lines to stop drip from there. It should be available separately somewhere, I got mine with fuel pressure tester kit.
  10. EUROJulian Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250
    On the bike injector cleaning :
    Tools and material
    [IMG]

Can cost 13 dollars at Toyota retail, tool can also be ordered from them. Service is performed with fuel pump disconnected. Engine runs entirely on cleaning solution under can pressure. It is also great for diagnosing fuel related issues. There is enough room, cleaning can be done with fuel tank on or off...
  11. EUROJulian Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250
    Connection details:
    [IMG]

[IMG]

I suggest jumping battery, starting may be harder due to trail and error fuel pressure by cracking open ball valve at the tool...

[IMG]
  12. EUROJulian Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250
    Throttle body all cleaned and pretty
    [IMG]
  13. EUROJulian Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250
    New Tail:
    [IMG]

Noted that subframe was buggered a bit by PO I got nice one with new oem husky fender to go with it.
    [IMG]
  14. EUROJulian Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250
    [IMG]

All installed with new blinkers
    [IMG]
    Tail Electrical not hooked up yet, thinking about beefing up harness a bit.
    Not sure what to do for tag holder. OEM is no longer available, I just got notice from Motorsport...
  15. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Depending on how rocky it is where you ride, consider 5wt or even better 01W fork oil.

I have EXTENSIVE experience with am original 2010 TE250 (which, with the small 2 gal tank happens to be one of the best looking dirt bikes ever BTW), and while I paid $500 to revalve the front and rear of my 2012 TXC310's expensive Twin chamber forks, all I did to the TE250's simple open chamber forks was switch to 01 Kayaba oil at about 110mm and it works great in sand and rocks.

Think about it.

The manual even suggests 5wt for "rough terrain".

It's better.

Also, be very careful of the cam cap bolts when you change shims...easy to strip.

Lastly, make sure the flywheel is on properly and tight to spec as the woodruff key can shear if not.

You already changed the temp sensor and you know about the filter cover.

Change the fuel filter after a while and the bike is reliable.

Oh, keep the chain visually loose or it can bind up on compression and wreck the countershaft and bearings.
    MotoXImage and EUROJulian like this.
  16. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Where did you get that stock rear fender with the plate mount?

I can't find one.
  17. EUROJulian Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250
  18. EUROJulian Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250
    R_Little thank you for useful tips. I need to check that flywheel, looks like it deserves shot from IR half inch gun.
    I do not see alowance for 5 weight oil for rough terain but only for cold weather in my manual. We o not have cold weather at all down here. My forks are KYBs BTW, i think there were some model year changes. Can you please point me to the right page?
  19. EUROJulian Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250
    I hoped to remove forks today but ended up searching through garage to find something passing for axle tools. Found what was needed finally; Kawasaki spark plug socket and T60 torx, don't hate me, it worked. I was able to remove wheel but it was late... Not all was lost for today though. Neighbor brought me big box with Leo Vince stuff, it was delivered to wrong address.
    [IMG]

Smoke pole is beautiful but most importantly TXC ECU is included in the kit.

[IMG]
  20. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    Getting along with it very nicely indeed.