New 2012 Husqvarna Te650 Soon!

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Mootak, Aug 19, 2011.

1. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    Dont want any overweight fat Kraut mobile. The nuda is themed right so if a 650 is an Xchallenge it is a retrograde step in the line up.
  2. Muddy Waters Husqvarna
    AA Class

Actually they'll stay with the original displacement of 798cc and 71HP but the research and development money will go towards shaving every possible ounce of weight off of the engine
    They're planning on selling it first as an ultimate urban supermoto and the target is the Aprilia SXV550...just a bit more reliable
    Later on, a "heavy duty" TE version will follow
    The ETA on this project is early 2013 and this rumor is confirmed with the voices in my head...so it's a sure thing :D
    Huskyfly likes this.
  3. LawnDartMike Husqvarna
    AA Class

Do you "voices" know any good lottery numbers?
  4. Huskyfly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Looking for my next Husky......
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Africa Twin, 2013 TE310
    I hear voices in my head all the time.........hmm, maybe it's your voice I keep hearing?! :lol:
  5. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Wrong 650 me thinks the voices in your head speak to you. It would be more likely 650 single from the older X Challenge, not the 800 twin, ill named "650".
  6. Muddy Waters Husqvarna
    AA Class

My dad once told me that when you buy a lottery ticket it's not really about winning, it's more about buying the dreams of what you'll do with the money if you actually win...
    The one dollar I throw either now and then on lottery tickets always "wins" me some fantastic daydreams, therefore any number I'll give you will be a "winning" number and by spending only a dollar I'm never really invested and I don't really care if I actually get the bonus of really winning the lottery, that's the best the voices (and my dad) can offer you, hope it helps :cheers:
    If those voices are whispering sweet nothings in your ears...then yeah, they got'z to be mine :lol:
    :oldman:Mr. Foley; I personally believe you're probably right...however, the voices keep insist that the direction they would like to see BMuski take is radically sharpening the 798cc mill and putting it in a supermoto chassis, it'll be more like an X-acto knife then the Nuda900 butcher cleaver...
    And later down the line that engine will serve BMW as the bases for a whole line of edgy bikes for the always popular "750" segment...
    I can tell my voices your opinion of the matter but I don't want to argue with them 'cause it'll get awkward in my head :D
  7. Huskyfly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Looking for my next Husky......
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Africa Twin, 2013 TE310
    It's already gott'in awkward. :busted::lol:
    Coffee likes this.
  8. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    I think I'll have to ride a Husky 900, before I deem it.... "The Butcher's Clever".
  9. Sparrowhawk Husqvarna
    AA Class

10. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
  11. drifter dave Husqvarna
    AA Class

So, other than the Moab and the E-bike, there is no other news from Italy?
    Was hoping for info on a TE630 replacement.
    And those rumors of an "adventure" model of the 449/511 were just BS I guess.
  12. Ice Man Husqvarna

BMW is using a Rotax designed single cylinder 650 engine built in China for their GS 650. If they plan to do the same by using Chinese engines in Huskys, I am out. I cannot depend on Chinese engines for long runs or dependability. Chinese engines are junk just like all the plastic Christmas crap WalMart sells.
  13. Sparrowhawk Husqvarna
    AA Class

No doubt, Chinese designed engines produced to meet third world markets are junk. On the other hand, there is no evidence to support the belief that Rotax designed engines, built to BMW/Husky specifications, tollerances, and metalurgy by Kymco in Taiwan will be less reliable or have lower longevity than the same engine assymbled in Germany or Italy. It all boils down to the level of oversight at the corporate level for the overseas facilities. The Toyotas coming off the line in Kentuky meet the same quality standards as those assymbled in Japan.

There have not been reports of assymbly problems associated with either the 650 or 450 engines coming from Kymco that I am aware of.
    Motosportz and Muddy Waters like this.
  14. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Me ...I´m disappointed too! So there´s the Nuda (not my type of bike), the E-bike (doesn´t look as if it´s intended for production anywhere near soon) and the MOAB (more to be pitied than scorned).
  15. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    Obviously you don't know much about the G650GS. It has a reputation for ruggedness and reliability.

The engine is assembled under BMW supervision, with BMW parts, to BMW specs, by Kymco in Taiwan. It is NOT Chinese made. It was not designed by Chinese engineers and the parts are not Chinese... well, I'm sure a couple might be but the important stuff is not.

This is the engine they put in the Moab. It is NOT the engine going in the Nuda. That is a Rotax designed Twin that is assembled in Berlin.
  16. rasputin Husqvarna
    AA Class

the 650cc engine is built by "loncin" in china (according to bmw quality standards, and according to european health and safety standards).

r
  17. Sparrowhawk Husqvarna
    AA Class

Those are the exact words that come to mind. Frugal is another. Unfortunately, performance, exciting, and light weight do not. As much as I would like to be hopeful the TE 650 will be something to get excited about, it is hard to believe any bike based on the 20 year old Rotax lump will be something special. We might get a Sertao with more off-road abilities but it will be obese and the grin factor will be more XRL or DR than 690R. I just hope Husky makes my pessimistic prediction look foolish if/when they announce the real deal.
  18. CJBROWN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 R1200GS
    +1
    Echos my feelings exactly.
    If my choice was a Sertao or a 690R it wouldn't be a very difficult decision. At least not for me. When it came down to final choices the TE and the 690 were my finals. The advantages of the TE have been well documented already so I'm not going to bother. I'm just glad I got one when I did.

BTW, seems to me you're on a 640, right? Was in my final 3 choices. Just coudn't find a low-time one at the right price.
  19. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    I believe you may be correct. The 450 is done by Kymco. Sorry... my bad.

Yup. No disagreement there.
  20. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    It'll be interesting to see how this plays out. If Husky disappoints, my next bike may be a Yamaha WR250R.

Hopefully the 630 lasts and it won't be an issue.