New 2012 Husqvarna Te650 Soon!

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Mootak, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    CHEAP! will be interesting to see what it is. Might not be to far removed from this...

[IMG]
  2. Huskyfly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Looking for my next Husky......
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Africa Twin, 2013 TE310
    Well, all this talk about a rumor this and a rumor that with regards to a new 650 has caused me to..............just buy a nice TE-630 instead!!! :applause::love::thumbsup:

I was going through the motions of justifying the wait but in the end, like other have said, it's not going to be cheaper, lighter, and less problematic, or for that matter have tons or farkle options at first! For the price of a new KLR650, WR250R or anything else out there for the mission I'm looking for.......NOTHING s better than this TE-630!! I'm a new happy owner as of tomorrow at 3pm!!! :D
    Coffee likes this.
  3. CJBROWN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 R1200GS
    Congrats!!
    Let's go ride the Sierras. :)

BTW, is that G650 xmoto pic for real? That's a nice looking bike!
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    yep...

[IMG]

and the dirty version...

[IMG]
  5. CJBROWN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 R1200GS
    Wow...the X is nice. Looks like it's got an air shock again. :confused: Did they ever fix that on the old version?

I wouldn't be surprised to see a dual-badged bike for Husqvarna, ala tahoe/excalade.

I'll still take my ol' 630. :thumbsup:
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Maybe Husky can up the performance and looks of an already good bike. We will see.
  7. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Oh my. How are we going to be able to deal with the haters that can't stand the chain being on the wrong side? :D
  8. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    And what if they put the G650 belt drive on there ... wrong side, wrong stuff ... armageddon for sure
  9. CJBROWN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 R1200GS
    Naw...you're really looking at the right side, the photo is just inverted. :busted::lol:

What I don't get is that I thought the old G650X was a failure so BMW discontinued it. Now they're bringing it back, and with a Husky badge?
    I know, speculation, but still, let's just assume for the time being and just for arguments sake.
  10. Muddy Waters Husqvarna
    AA Class

For about twenty minutes there was somebody in my area with this bike but I never got to meet him and ride with him, just saw him few times from my car
    I thought this was an incredibly beautiful bike that looked almost exactly like the second generation KTM Duke, which was one of my favorite bikes before the dark 610sm completely took over every ounce of lust in my body...:busted:
  11. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

If they brought out an updated version of the X-Challenge 650 with an Ohlins shock, I would be very happy. That XC650 was a good bike with the exception of the dumb air shock.
  12. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    and it was 70lbs too heavy...
  13. Blazes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Eddie Seel 634SMR works Replica -
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilla Dosodoro 2X 2009 610
    Think i wil keep my present collection of Huskies and open the spare 610Te i still have crated -ONLY when i need it and my present 610 is beyond repair --:D
  14. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

You are correct about the motor. Wonder what the transmission is like in the 650. One of the greatest attributes of the 610/630 was the super wide gearbox.
  15. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    How is valve adjustment on the Rotax motor? The dohc Cagiva valve train design is steller imo. Super easy to check and shim. :thumbsup:
  16. CJBROWN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 R1200GS
    It also shifts like butter. Way nicer than my Kawasaki Versys.
  17. TrailPunter Husqvarna
    AA Class

The Xchallange is a nice bike. One of my buddies has one. My complaints are the air shock (he has a wilbers), the seat is worse than a stock 610's (he also went with XPC), and the 2.5 gallon tank (he has a Hot Rod Welding side tank). The other big issue is the frame with its cast aluminum pieces. If you damage the frame its going to be tough finding someone that can repair it.

R/

Mike
  18. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

So my 630 is the LAST big sumo ... suppose I´ll have to hang onto it for the duration.
  19. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    Yep, I plan on riding my TE until the wheels fall off, then fixing it and riding it some more. As long as I can keep it running well, I'll keep it. Seems the already small selection of lightweight adventure bikes is shrinking!
  20. tropicoz Husqvarna
    C Class

That is no lie! It was such a nice surprise when I rode my 630 for the first time. Compared to every other bike I've owned/ridden (countless Jap sportbikes, and an Italian twin), it has the silkiest gearbox I've ever had the pleasure of clicking around.