New 2012 Husqvarna Te650 Soon!

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Mootak, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Wow, I thought they mentioned this guy was involved?
    http://www.erikbuellracing.com/

(I kid, I kid!!!)
  2. Muddy Waters Husqvarna
    AA Class

3. FinnDuro Husqvarna
    C Class

I'm looking at this from an European perspective. Husqvarna seem to be on a very good momentum, bringing up promising models, the Nuda 900, for example. Still, I think Husky is a very small player in the EU market outside of pure dirt race bikes, and this is affecting the sales & people's perceptions on what they'd be willing to pay for DS or Street bike from them. I hope the "right-priced" will become reality, but would not want to see a "right-priced" derived out of lowered-spec components.

As for TE630, it seems to me much like BMW Xchallenge. Now I'm biased, owning an Xchallenge - but cannot really see much anything in the TE630 that the X doesn't have. In fact, I hope Husky could combine all the best parts from G650X and TE610. I'd take the latest version of Rotax & it's EFI on it, too. That kind of "TX649" would make a great DS, and it would compete head to head with KTM690. Why do I know all this? Well, I already ride such a combo. :)

[IMG]

BMW Xchallenge with: TE610 '06 front suspension, custom fully adjustable Hyperpro rear suspension, TE511 front plastics, PowerCommand V'ed G650X Rotax, better seat, projector lights, and some bold new graphics. No, I don't want a steel subframe and pannier options, I want it as light as possible with soft bags á la GL Coyote or the like. Also, I do not want a KTM690, it doesn't ride better than mine, and mine is realiable.

IMHO, Husqvarna(BMW) should target at true quality, design, innovation - and not plain vanilla of the yester-years. Any new DS from them should directly target and hit hard at KTM690, and nothing less. And I hope they could find the right kind of dealers to provide the sales & service to them. To me, that would be Husqvarna dealers, and more of them, with true dirt knowledge.
    oregonsage and weldpro like this.
  4. Bill502 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 WR167 1978 CR250 1938 sw maus
    Other Motorcycles:
    1970 Triumph T100C 1973 Honda TL125
    Nice front fender emblem.
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Good looking bike, nice job. And i agree with your assessment.
  6. weldpro Husqvarna
    AA Class

I agree with your assessment. I really hope they make the replacement something special. Oh, and I too like the front fender emblem!
  7. Huskyfly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Looking for my next Husky......
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Africa Twin, 2013 TE310
    Personally, if they built something with an upright fairing and 6 gallon fuel tank similar to the XT660Z Tenere.....they would get me to sell my 630. Well, maybe not.......maybe I'd just buy another bike!! :lol: :thinking:
  8. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    You could just get one of these:

[IMG]
  9. Huskyfly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    If you knew anything about the XT660Z you'd NEVER put a picture of this up.......it's an insult to the baby Tenere, it really is.

Attached Files:

10. Tagati Husqvarna
    AA Class

If they make a KLR or Ten they have failed us BADLY!

Yep I would like a fairing and big tank but the 630 is in a totally different league to the KLR or Ten.

Think something more like this
    [IMG]

Or this
    [IMG]

Or dare I say it a modern version of this
    [IMG]

That is what I have been trying to make my 630 in to.
  11. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    Love Beemer/Husky bike. Looks terrific
  12. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    See, I guess that's what I don't quite understand. If I wanted a bike like that, I would have bought a KTM 990. I'm not brand loyal, though.
  13. bmah Husqvarna
    AA Class

"If I wanted a bike like that, I would have bought a KTM 990..." It's too damned heavy!
    I like the idea of a long distance capable TE630 or similar sized bike. The TE630 is really close to ideal for me, a larger fuel capacity and fully adjustable forks would be great improvements to that end.
  14. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Hope Husky doesn´t read any of this. 600cc is about the limit for a SuMo and their only job is to keep the weight down, the power up and the suspension as good as they can make it. Otherwise I´m entirely satisfied with the 630 I´ve got. I even like the price as it keeps other owners at bay.
  15. CJBROWN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 R1200GS
  16. LawnDartMike Husqvarna
    AA Class

423 lbs. Makes my 630 a light weight in comparison. Did BMW finally get the message that the huge cans look like crap?
  17. CJBROWN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 R1200GS
    Somebody on the other forum was all excited about the 17" rear wheel....WTF????

Gee, 41mm forks. Those are some real hummers, eh? And yeah, 423lbs and a $9K-plus price tag. Wow, I'm so impressed. That pig weighs more than my Kawasaki Versys street bike. Why is it so freakin' heavy? Everybody raves about that motor, but I'll bet that darn thing is 60-80lbs by itself.

IF they push this crap over to Husky, and IF I was Husky management, I would be either screaming or walking out.

SO glad I got the 630.
  18. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

CJ ... am in TOTAL agreement. Don´t think BMW can make anything but a PIG (The translated German word for a Beemer is "Rrubber Cow"). Am now certain, they only took on Husqvarna to learn a few things about designing bikes.
  19. CJBROWN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 R1200GS
    They realized their G650X and G450X were virtually total flops. And to think I almost bought a G450. :eek:

BMW would never make it big in the offroad market on their own. They are just too far behind the eightball, and they don't have the connections nor the presence to make it in any kind of US offroad competition. That's the only way a company can make a name for itself in the world market.

KTM is going to have to do something soon to save themselves. I hear they are near bankruptcy/receivership. They are losing 40-million a year. They are now the largest producer of offroad motorcycles in the world.
  20. Huskyfly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I would LOVE a Husky like this one!! It would be cool if someone made an upright fairing kit with added fuel capacity. That's what I'm talk'in about!!

I like how they added the three little crowns to the top of the fairing........very cool!!

Yes, BMW's 2006-2007 650GS 2-spark Dakar bikes where great bikes but heavy. Not in the league with the Husky, more mainstream for road going folks. I will say that many people I've talked to who did buy them wished they never let them go......they are cheap good second bikes.

Some people I've talked to say the 630 is a modern day 650X. I say sure if you want to look at it that way. However, we got a better bike that for the same weight, we managed to get a 3.2 gallon fuel tank and a lot better suspension.

I too almost jumped and bought a G450X...........SOOOOOOOO glad I didn't!!